Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
See my last post. Tell me where you're confused. I thought I was pretty clear.

I expect you're right and this is insignificant. But maybe this turns into a losing skid - of which we'd had some even in this fantastic season.

I get that it's certainly not that important, and definitely nothing to be losing sleep over, but I certainly think the team would've had more confidence being 2-0 or even 1-1 instead of 0-2 going out against bad opponents.

A lot of the game is mental, and even this team has shown that it can be fragile if things aren't going right.

I guess we'll get our answers next week.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
If we can't get out of the North, seeding won't matter. Everyone needs luck i.e hot goalie, no injuries etc to win a cup.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
PP is a major issue. Complaining about the effort level and results in these games is not.

They were clearly evaluation games, which matters a lot more. If we cared about winning, we would not have played Andersen. We would have played Marner instead of Brooks. Those two things alone likely win us both games easily. We were the better team in both games anyways.

It is usually the same people who find something to complain about. I would bet there would be people complaining that we did not sweep Montreal if we won in 5 games.

Even the PP in this game was not an issue. We did everything but score and we had sustained pressure for once. Rielly was actually able to do something useful and unsurprisingly looked like the kind of guy who should be a PP QB on a top PP. If we put up more PPs like that, we will score.

The fact that the non fringe Leafs were not even trying to give 100% but still played well enough to win these games is promising.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don't take your foot off the gas. Vegas didn't. Colorado didn't. Let's see who played it right.

Tell me about perspective when you watched the last Habs-Leafs playoff series. I did.
How about the Islanders? Lost 4 of 5 to close out the season? That team has huge issues I guess.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
On the positive side: no injuries

On the negative:
Another terrible game by Rielly. Giveaways, bad pinches, poor decisions on the powerplay. I hope he doesn’t cost us games in the playoffs.

Reactions: geo25

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Lighting had momentun going into the playoffs 2 years ago. Tell me again what happened.

We don't even play for a full week. It would be different if it was like the other teams who played in the past two days and will be playing on the weekend.

Or if they are looking at momentum, they will look at the fact that they have been one of the best teams in the league in the past 10 games and played extremely well the entire time and not the past two games when they purposefully did not ice their best lineup in either game and still played a fairly good games anyways.

It just seems like a really weird thing to complain about given how insignificant it is.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The key to this game was no injuries. Who would trade a 7-0 pouncing of the Jets only to see a Foligno, Brodie or Campbell go out with an injury.

I would have preferred the Leafs focus on as tight as a game as possible, even consciously work towards a scoreless game, but regardless, the key to the game was achieved.

With the age of some of our newer additions, our injuries and the condensed schedule this year, the week long delay before game one is a blessing in disguise.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
People are so worried about the seeding.

1.) it is NO given that we get final four
2.) there is no gaurantee being the highe seed would be better

what if it’s “Toronto Washington colorado Tampa”

i would rather play Washington.
You are either good enough or not. If we can’t beat colorado/florida/Carolina etc in the semis. We can’t beat them in the finals

yes. Leafs can compete with TB and the Caps. The Avs are a different level. But they might get lucky and have someone else knock them out in the semis. Also. Would just love to get to a cup final once in my lifetime. No one cares about semis.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
English where these games showed the team has problems as they should have tried 100% of the time?

If they turn it on in time to put a beatdown on the Habs they will smoke the Oilers. Maybe not as bad as that 3 game beatdown in early March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad