Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Discussion in 'Toronto Maple Leafs' started by stickty111, May 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egd27 Donec nunc annum Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    They're slim, but I did get you on a technicality :)

2. Gary Nylund Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    There's nothing to analyze IMO. We lost, that's the end of it. It's not the end of the world but since the result has an impact on PO seeding it wasn't 100% meaningless so why make excuses.

What makes you say the Leafs couldn't have sat more core players last night? Anyhow the guys that played, played, just like they did for WPG and I don't understand this injury excuse - did we lose because we played to avoid injury? It was a no hitting affair anyway, would have skating faster hurt somebody? Sorry, I just don't get it.

Yup.

You didn't get anything. You pointed out an unlikely scenario in which WPG benefits from winning that game, there are more scenarios where we benefit if we win. For example, PIT, TOR, one more good team and one bad team are in the semis and PIT gets to play the bad team because they're ahead of us. All you did was show that winning that game might mean something and in the end, the higher your PO seeding the better which was my point all along.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  3. egd27 Donec nunc annum Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Right, so it might mean something for the Jets just as it might mean something for the Leafs. Therefore it wasn't meaningless to them either.

OP I responded to.
    *I concede the outcome is more likely to impact the Leafs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.