Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bg19

May 12, 2021
Goaltending will be this teams downfall, just not good enough in a position that can't be ignored.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I think we've got the best team in the division. I'm not going to sweat a two game drop off in effort when they've sewn up the top spot. Are they perfect, no. But, I think they can beat Montreal, Edmonton and/or Winnipeg in best of 7 series. How they stack up against the teams down South will be interesting to see. There are some very good teams to worry about: LV, Colorado, Carolina and the Floridas spring to mind. If they don't make it to that point, I'll be pissed off. This team should win the divisional playoff, and I don't see it being close because no other team has the level of talent we do, nor the depth. I'll see you folks when the puck drops against Montreal, have a good week and chill, Go Leafs Go :thumbu:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Guess TB and Carolina are in big trouble too...

Or how about Montreal, the team we are going up against and need to worry about, who has lost 5 straight including 2 against us?

If we are screwed, then what are they?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Do you not understand the impact of getting the last change?

And when we may be playing in arenas with US fans, it’s likely better to limit the amount of games our opposition gets energized by them
leafs have practically identical home and away records, jus sayin lol

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The point is you aren't going to get a complete player at a discount, so Galchenyuk brings some faults.

Leafs are going to need some players who are at least willing to get in the dirty areas and throw checks. We can't leave that for Foligno, Simmonds and Hyman alone. It's been the teams weakness up front.

Also, Galchenyuk can be a game breaker. He doesn't need to be with this team but he has the ability.

So Gally can bring the physical element from time to time on top of a physical game. He will also be motivated as well facing his former team.

I can't complain with Keefe wanting a strong defensive line and I understand that if Hyman and Foligno are on the top two, that Galchenyuk has a more narrow path to play.

When he has been at his best, he's been more impactful and a bigger pest for the other team than Mikheyev has been.
alex galchynyuk hasnt been a game breaker since 2016. hes got 13 goals combined in the past 2 seasons(96 games) soup has 15 goals in 93 games past 2 seasons combined, doesnt take penalties and is one of our best PKing forwards.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I'm not super concerned with the last two games, but traditionally I haven't been comfortable with the personality of the team because I don't think they're killers.
vs. playoff teams in the north this year.

edm : 6-1-0-2
mtl: 7-2-0-1
win: 6-4-0

2 of the winnipeg losses were due to helly going nuclear, and were probably our best games against them.

seems pretty killer to me.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I am not obsessed with avoiding them - I am simply not sure this team can get through them with the current culture of showing up when they feel like it.
our worst losing streak on the year was like 0-3-2, and we lost like 4 of those games due to goalie meltdowns, we also followed both tiny losing streaks with long win streaks. seems like the culture of showing up this year is pretty damn good.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Goaltending will be this teams downfall, just not good enough in a position that can't be ignored.
considering we havent played the playoffs yet and jack cambpell has shown this year to be a very consistantly good if not great goalie, i would like to ask for your source...

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t care what anybody thinks, we do not need to and should not re-sign Morgan Reilly to any kind of deal.
I don’t even know what he brings to the table anymore. He can’t defend, he can’t shoot, he is not a good passer, he is brutal on the PP and he is not going to get any better. He is a liability at this point.
Go out and get a real #1 D to play with Brodie.
We have plenty of firepower without him.
Remember his mentor Phaneuf..? Reilly has become like him. A defensive liability. They will never win with him as a top line defenceman...

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
A competitive team should just want to put their best foot forward more often than not and find reasons to motivate themselves to win and give themselves the best odds they can later down the line. Why did Ottawa and Winnipeg want to beat us more than we wanted to beat them? At this point it's just trying to get a feel for where they're at psychologically.

Put it another way, why the heck do I want to win more than the team playing the game does?

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
There's a lackisdaiscal element on this team that lacks competitive spirit & folds like a cheap tent when the going gets tough. There are several players like that on this team but by far the most concerning is Reilly....he picked up a lot of bad habits from his protege Phaneuf (was great until he signed the big deal then went just along for the ride). They need to limit his ice time...just my opinion.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
There's a lackisdaiscal element on this team that lacks competitive spirit & folds like a cheap tent when the going gets tough. There are several players like that on this team but by far the most concerning is Reilly....he picked up a lot of bad habits from his protege Phaneuf (was great until he signed the big deal then went just along for the ride). They need to limit his ice time...just my opinion.
Why you trolling this group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad