Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly, even if the boys won the last two games, it doesn’t mean crap if they can’t win FOUR against the Habs.
They won the division and I believe have a winning records against all the teams in the division.
AM won the Rocket.
Marner, as long as there is no 3 V 3, he playing as good as he ever played.
JT is either tie or leading the Leafs in points down the stretch.
Willie is buzzing.
The Defence is really solid except for Reilly.
There is real depth in both forwards and defences.
Campbell will always give the boys a chance to win.
The Seniors are all more engage than ever.
PP is struggling but there won’t be a lot of PP in the playoffs, let’s face it, we are not the Bruins.
And we are playing the Habs.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We definitely doing our thang now though. Also we gittin our marner bezack for gezame one :clap: Marner is key for the PK and also for our offensive talent. For matthews as we all know. The trust in on campbell and he'll kill montreal hard too. :thumb: Not in ass.

Our PP will have to be gilmour kill for surely. Put tavares out there, he our best shootas. He'll score for us. With matthews and marner.

We ready, our fefans is ready, our managent is so ready. :clap: This is getting alarming, we have a chance at the stanley cup................. colorado and tampa will be difficult though. Montreal will not be difficult.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Probably because it's not your body that is going to be all bruised and broken from going all-out in game 56. They've got to get back to 100% by game 1, all you have to do is refill at the beer store.

That's probably a fair comment - but there are definitely teams out there that play a lot harder than Toronto does on a more consistent basis.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
3 game sweep against a very good team in the Oilers? Means nothing.
Sweeping the Jets that would have given them life for first? Means nothing.
Last 2 games where everything is already locked in and losing? Means a lot

Getting the PP working wasn't going to see them in good stead at all. Better to wait until the games mean something....

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Nylander has played really well, and you're dwelling on a crap, no-nothing game to score cheap points?

I'm not basing my assessment on this one meaningless game. Nylander is a talented offensive player but his deficits are obvious and fairly well known.

The biggest issue I have with him is consistency. Especially as I said, on the back check. It's not as if I'm the first to state this.

It's not as glaring when his offense overshadows this. If he's at the wrong end of a season ending playoff goal though...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Our coach doesn't care either about these 2 games.
I trust the team will be engaged again by Thursday.
All these 2 games was about no injuries, fringe players like Engvall and Gally looking to make a last impression, and trying some stuff out systematically.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Is Hyman expected back for game 1?

He better be, hah.

Yes, apparently he is going to be ready.

As will Nash be. His defensive prowess will be a major boost to this teams fortunes IMO. Maybe others can learn from him.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Probably because it's not your body that is going to be all bruised and broken from going all-out in game 56. They've got to get back to 100% by game 1, all you have to do is refill at the beer store.

You do realize Winnipeg is also in the playoffs and didn't want to get bruised and broken?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Our coach doesn't care either about these 2 games.
I trust the team will be engaged again by Thursday.
All these 2 games was about no injuries, fringe players like Engvall and Gally looking to make a last impression, and trying some stuff out systematically.

The coaching staff told them to not go all out in these last 2 games. Simple as that. They will have some time to practice now and iron out some wrinkles.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
this is what i dont get. when campbell lets in goals it is the defence but freddy lets in goals it is teh goalie

is it that his teammates deicde to play awesome defence but freddie lets them down and play terrible defence when campbell is in net?

You're a bright guy, you get it perfectly.

Two goals were scored on well executed 2-1's in the past 2 games. Only one was a goalie's fault :sarcasm:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
That was... the first game we've lost in winnipeg since 2012 btw. lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A team that has won nothing when the real games start is going to cruise into the playoffs @ 80%.

Good f***ing grief.

I see what you're saying, but they weren't until these last 2 games. I think after clinching the division, the coaching staff just told the players to chill. They know how important the games starting next week are.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad