Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
nylander's issue was he didn't finish, again. Could have easily been mvp for the night if he buried 2 of those. Getting annoying now. He needs to grab a pile of pucks and just take massive shots to re configure his motor skills.

Otherwise his amount of sucking tonight is being overblown. Had a couple nice takeaways that lead to chances.

Reactions: CelticDruid

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Watching the TSN panel after the game, and the circle jerk about how great Marner was, is disgusting. The team lost the game. Stop giving praise for a loss.

A player getting paid 10 million a season is expected to have a game like Marner did, every night.
He was on for more goals against.

Leafs paid that much money for two way play not one way play.

Reactions: freshwind

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
They played a high speed but sloppy game. Were rewarded for it in Vancouver but got burned tonight. This is why they can't string anything good together because every night is basically a 50/50.

We were the better team for parts of the game, 3 bad minutes doesn't ulter that fact
Were a high event team, that won't change either

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This is clearly a bubble team ... and with how they respond to being under pressure, I imagine they'll fall short of the playoffs this season.

Frustrating because there's talent for much more but they just can't seem to string it together.

Reactions: glue

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see what Keefe is doing in terms of his structure but the players clearly need more practice time with it. They tend to lack focus or seem to miss where they think the other player should be.

Tonight was particularly bad at times where some passes just flat out missed guys.

I think we have an IQ/work ethic problem. There's a certain level of athletic/stupid ratio that goes beyond systems and familiarity with play selection.

For example, on the powerplay where guys sort of wheel around and drop pass it creating a wall of bodies at the blueline which then further prevents zone entry, it's like you have a high ratio of lazy and situationally unaware players who are lumped together because no one player wants to simply enter the zone and have to set up. There's no urgency.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
They easily could've lost the Vancouver game and easily won this one. These games turn on a handful of key moments.

But the fact that we are always at the mercy of a break or two is discouraging. It is the mark of mediocrity. We should be putting a stranglehold on a game like this in the third period, not pissing it away in a 3-minute span with sloppiness.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is clearly a bubble team ... and with how they respond to being under pressure, I imagine they'll fall short of the playoffs this season.

Frustrating because there's talent for much more but they just can't seem to string it together.

Yea, doesn't look good. I don't see this team ever stringing a really good stretch together. I really don't. Too bad, I really thought this team was really good just being held up by Babcock.

Reactions: saffronleaf

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I haven't seen one game this year where our team plays with the dedication, heart, emotion and desire to actually play for the crest on the front of the sweater. like say, how so many Boston Bruin players do.

I don't get it. With top picks in our lineup unlike what Boston has we can't get players motivated to play for the team, the fans, and their outrageous contracts.

Maybe Dubas wasn't the right choice for GM.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We were the better team for a majority of the game, 3 bad minutes doesn't ulter that fact

Yes, but at the same time, this group has no credibility due to their chronic lack of work ethic and are so far behind the 8 Ball that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Define heart.

If I need to define what heart means in terms of sports or competition or battle, then I suggest you do so research yourself. Lotsa material out there. I’m using heart in the same way as any rational sports fan or educated person would in relation to competition or battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad