Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Some of these players play way too loose...you see it at the end of the 2nd period...Matthews passes back into his zone without hitting his man, causing a turnover and allowing the Flames sustain offensive pressure for no good reason...it was a foreshadow for what came in the 3rd period.

That happened multiple times. They are too loose and just don't seem to know where each other are at times.

Reactions: Superstar

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I look forward to this team when Tyson Barrie is no longer on it. The guy is a defensive liability whenever he's on the ice.

Tyson Barrie is the a good representation of this 2020 Leafs project. Skill. Check. Skating. Check. Everything else is a tire fire and the biggest reason why this season has been a complete bust. I hope they auction him off at the deadline for a nice little futures package to resuscitate the rebuild.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Muzzin, Barrie, Rielly and Ceci have been our worst defenders this year. That’s our Top 4... lmao

Kapanen has been absolutely terrible for a few weeks. Kerfoot useless.

Heartless is how I’d describe this team.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That was disappointing

We played well for the vast majority of the game but we melted down for 2-3 minutes and it cost us

Were still very mentally fragile but unless you go through these things and come out the other side it's not going to get better

This can still be a very successful road trip, we need to really bear down in the Oilers game though

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When we lose, we don’t mess around. It’s epic stuff with this team.

I don’t know what to think anymore, can’t figure this group out for the life of me.

This is exactly this group. We just don't like them so we pretend they haven't found their 'identity' yet. Yes they have. They are lazy, young and unlikeable.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Garbage 3rd period. The defense on this team is atrocious and the rest of the team gave up. The aimless passing at the end and no real chances summed it all up.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
These systems worked in the OHL, kinda, it's not like they ever won anything with them.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Fckng pathetic third.

How in the hell do you come out not ready to start a period of a game you had played very well in? I don't get that. Literally just gave that game away.

Our supposed strength, depth, isn't there right now. First two lines doing all the heavy lifting right now.

We need 62 points in our next 49 games to get 96 points... a .633 pace.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Watching the TSN panel after the game, and the circle jerk about how great Marner was, is disgusting. The team lost the game. Stop giving praise for a loss.

A player getting paid 10 million a season is expected to have a game like Marner did, every night.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That was disappointing

We played well for the vast majority of the game but we melted down for 2-3 minutes and it cost us

Were still very mentally fragile but unless you go through these things and come out the other side it's not going to get better

This can still be a very successful road trip, we need to really bear down in the Oilers game though

They played a high speed but sloppy game. Were rewarded for it in Vancouver but got burned tonight. This is why they can't string anything good together because every night is basically a 50/50.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That was disappointing

Good post man

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Wow
I don’t recognize 95% of these posters
The woodwork must be empty
Pretty creative the way you come out like vampires at night
Incredible
It would be ok if you peeked in during the game
But it’s chicken **** when you come out after the fact

No kidding. Just a game, folks, just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad