Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Our defence is simply tragic.
Andersen cannot play a poor game because our offence cant score goals.
Too many loafers on the Matthews line.
We need goals from anybody on the 3rd and 4th lines.
Barrie and Rielly are both too weak defensively to play together.
But.......
If we beat Edmonton it’ll be a successful road trip.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
We’ve now seen this team with 2 different coaches...I’m trying really hard to be patient with the Dubas philosophy but the same flaws keep showing up with this team...Maybe core is too young and does not have the maturity, but if the leafs miss the playoffs this year it’s a major failure, no question

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Wow
I don’t recognize 95% of these posters
The woodwork must be empty
Pretty creative the way you come out like vampires at night
Incredible
It would be ok if you peeked in during the game
But it’s chicken **** when you come out after the fact

Everyone is relatively anonymous.

Some people like to watch the games and then come in to comment afterwards. Doesn’t seem like too big of a deal to me. Tensions are high because we stink.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Feels bad. This isn’t a playoff team let alone a contender. If we’re way outta playoffs at Xmas break then it’s prob best to retool and look for a new GM. Actually Shanny caries lotsa of blame too. We have too many soft, gutless players that have skill but not heart. We also need a good backup, a Number 1 RHD and lotsa grit up front. I just think there are too many pieces missing and this group of players are just not gonna work as a team. I hope I’m wrong and there’s time to prove me wrong but we’ve been terrible for almost a year now. And we have no cap.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
When we lose, we don’t mess around. It’s epic stuff with this team.

I don’t know what to think anymore, can’t figure this group out for the life of me.

This team likes to play big...I mean, how else did some of those guys get those big contracts? :sarcasm:

Reactions: DarkKnight

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They played a high speed but sloppy game. Were rewarded for it in Vancouver but got burned tonight. This is why they can't string anything good together because every night is basically a 50/50.

I see what Keefe is doing in terms of his structure but the players clearly need more practice time with it. They tend to lack focus or seem to miss where they think the other player should be.

Tonight was particularly bad at times where some passes just flat out missed guys.

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
JT isn't our Goaltender nor is he our 1&2 D.

you only embarrass yourself with your comments
How could I be so blind. This is Andy’s fault. The team tried so hard in front of him.

JT’s too nice to tell 34/88/18/24/15 to “get their shit together”. Just look at how SJ broke their second round barrier after they stripped Jumbo of the C

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He was losing so many board battles and was the reason Hamonic was open for that goal against.

He wasn't good tonight.

He also won a good amount of battles in the O zone, was really active transitioning neutral zone play into the Ozone as well..

Mar 26, 2010
I am going to be that guy, Andersen is the MOST inconsistent goalie in the NHL. Just brutal.

He has one stellar game, and the next five games are absolute trash. This team is not going to win with him.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He was fine, if he gets the puck up on the partial 2-1 he created we are not even having this conversation. I would say he was easily the best player on the line tonight.

1) He wasn't fine tonight. If he plays like this regularly (he hasn't been), then we're in trouble.

2) Saying he was the best player on his line tonight isn't saying much.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The goals Andersen gave up were stoppable but also from players left wide open in the slot from poor positioning. Also, it might help to stop giving up 1-2 clear breakaways per period.

How many shots would you trade a breakaway for? I'm more worried about Calgary getting 2 screened shots on a cycle against us than I would be with a random forward (2 in 3 chance it's not a top liner) on their team getting a breakaway. If the breakaways are going to happen with this style of game, you just have to make sure you generate more than you give up. If they keep getting this kind of zone time and handling the opponent's cycle well, it's not a bad trade-off.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
They played a high speed but sloppy game. Were rewarded for it in Vancouver but got burned tonight. This is why they can't string anything good together because every night is basically a 50/50.

I bet the sides of the pucks they use have both a head and a tail...:sarcasm:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Feels bad. This isn’t a playoff team let alone a contender. If we’re way outta playoffs at Xmas break then it’s prob best to retool and look for a new GM. Actually Shanny caries lotsa of blame too. We have too many soft, gutless players that have skill but not heart. We also need a good backup, a Number 1 RHD and lotsa grit up front. I just think there are too many pieces missing and this group of players are just not gonna work as a team. I hope I’m wrong and there’s time to prove me wrong but we’ve been terrible for almost a year now. And we have no cap.

Define heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad