Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
- Andersen performed poorly.

- Keefe should have called a timeout after it was 3-2.

- Matthews line was relatively quiet, which is not good.

- Tavares line was very noticeable, but for mixed reasons (2gf, 3ga), which is not good.

- Very disappointing effort in the third period.

- Good to see so much Leafs support in Calgary. Wish they had the arena volume higher. Would love to see more games against our Western Canadian bros.

- Kudos to the Flames, 7-0. That winning streak we've been in search of since January remains elusive.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Took Lou a year and a half to rid this organization of it's loser mentality. Took Dubas a year and a half to bring it back.

Keefs defensive system and Dubas' d corps are pure garbage.

Reactions: mikeyz

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Andersen can’t do it all.

Got to play defence too.

Keefe has used him in 9 of 10 games so far.

Reactions: Dave92

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
What an absolutely pathetic third .. Just gave up.

Too much carelessness with the puck again, and it cost them as Andy wasn't good.

I don't understand how a team with this much talent can have such a sad looking 5 on 3 PP.

Some of these players play way too loose...you see it at the end of the 2nd period...Matthews passes back into his zone without hitting his man, causing a turnover and allowing the Flames sustain offensive pressure for no good reason...it was a foreshadow for what came in the 3rd period.

Reactions: authentic

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-12-12_20-32-0.jpeg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Better team lost. Andersen got beat three times off unscreened, high-glove wristers. That's Hutchinson-level stuff.

The first shot came from one of the better shooters in the league and the second one was a two on one originating from bad neutral zone play.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Must be a shit team when your captain leads the collapse with all those goals against and missed breakaways.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I wonder sometimes if Matthews feels embarrassed about his performance. He kinda looked like he had serious comprehension skill issues tonight.
Freddy wasn’t good for once and the team couldn’t answer. Tough soft loss

Reactions: The Examiner

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I look forward to this team when Tyson Barrie is no longer on it. The guy is a defensive liability whenever he's on the ice.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Oh metoo@ dubas lost??!! No? iiiiihhh ?? eeeeeh??++ uuuhhh??

Is y'all really surprised?

No thugs, no goalies, no nuthing. This agenda trying to change the whole game, and history. Now y'all see??? NO???? Calculate the thangs and see. As I do. This is ridiculous. We ain't have none of the old players this game NEEDS. This game itself hasn't changed. it will though, since the first women players come in and we have all the thangs we need. No hits, no fights etc. But that's in 20 years. Mark my words.

Reactions: Ratboy

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
It's just hard to picture this team do serious damage with the player's inability to play without the puck

Reactions: binop7

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Took Lou a year and a half to rid this organization of it's loser mentality. Took Dubas a year and a half to bring it back.

Keefs defensive system and Dubas' d corps are pure garbage.
They've been losers for almost a full year

Reactions: Dave92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad