Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Because I'm not an idiot, lol? My paycheque isn't tied to how the Leafs do so why the **** should I get my panties in a bunch if they lose despite being better?
Don’t get paid if they win. Brilliant logic. Join the debating team. You nailed it. Why be a fan then? So you can claim your team that loses is better by some measure? Stats and excuses are for losers. You obviously haven’t been a fan of the team long enough. Those of us who’ve been watching for the 52 year drought want our team to win. I though this BB had more experienced hockey fans but your comments convinced me that is not the case.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
That PP was just horrible. So predictable and our of sync

45 seconds for the first unit. A unit that has 2 40 goal scores(ok Auston has 37) but come on

How can a team full of young snipers be so bad ?
Maybe because Boston is good and has some of the best PKers in the NHL. Chara has been penalty killing in the playoffs before Matthews even put on skates for the first time

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Yes trade Nylander for one of them.
Jeez why must we not be allowed to have great young players?

Are you upset that the Raptors have Kawhi Leonard too? Happy TFC got rid of Sebastian Giovinco? Oh look! A Superstar or a potential super star! Drum him out of town, this rare gem.

I think the real issue is jealousy about the big fat money. We need to get over it. Yeah, they are paid a lot. So are rock stars and movie stars. All this envy - does it have many layers?

Play G-C-D, A-D-E, G-C-D chords and throw some rests in and maybe you can be a Rolling Stones player too! Get a guitar and a Wah-wah pedal and let young Leafs players like Nylander lift Stanley Cups here and not elsewhere. Enough trading young for old! Enough trading away skill! Why must to losing Leafs Nation the Leafs condemn?

Reactions: m1ker

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Don’t get paid if they win. Brilliant logic. Join the debating team. You nailed it. Why be a fan then? So you can claim your team that loses is better by some measure? Stats and excuses are for losers. You obviously haven’t been a fan of the team long enough. Those of us who’ve been watching for the 52 year drought want our team to win. I though this BB had more experienced hockey fans but your comments convinced me that is not the case.
I mean, I respect your opinion but if you wanna accuse me of not being a fan and all that hyperbole, then I draw the line. I watched the 93 playoffs live and have been a die hard fan my entire life, I am simply hedging my bets that maybe this isn't the year but I fully expect the odds to work out sooner rather than later.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s not an option. It’s a comparison and that was the point. In the cap world having players who provide top level production and consistency at a reasonable cap hit is just as important as the skill level they contribute. In Nylander’s case, the team is getting little actual contribution for too high a cap hit and that is a recipe for disaster.

If Nylander continues to struggle over a long period of time I'm sure the Leafs will move on from him appropriately. There's always going to be someone to take your under performing young players away from you.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
If Nylander continues to struggle over a long period of time I'm sure the Leafs will move on from him appropriately. There's always going to be someone to take your under performing young players away from you.
But why must it always be the Leafs giving away the store?

Thank goodness for analytics and Dubas the Technocrat GM! A math based method will see it through!

I grow tired of all the Leafs draft picks hoisting cups there and elsewhere, everywhere but here! It becomes a bore

We need to keep, not trade away, our kids! Ruinous trading of kids has always gone badly, always, we need to trust our scouts, draft well, and develop from within, and I think we all know that is true!

Reactions: ToemassCabriolet

sab30

Apr 22, 2019
WOW....majority posts predicting you have already lost and you haven't even played game 7. WTF is that? Pretty even series from I see. This is probably the toughest competition for the Leafs...go win and you should sail to a Stanley Cup. Posters saying they cant even watch game 7....really. I call BS.

Reactions: Loosie

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Jeez why must we not be allowed to have great young players?

Are you upset that the Raptors have Kawhi Leonard too? Happy TFC got rid of Sebastian Giovinco? Oh look! A Superstar or a potential super star! Drum him out of town, this rare gem.

I think the real issue is jealousy about the big fat money. We need to get over it. Yeah, they are paid a lot. So are rock stars and movie stars. All this envy - does it have many layers?

Play G-C-D, A-D-E, G-C-D chords and throw some rests in and maybe you can be a Rolling Stones player too! Get a guitar and a Wah-wah pedal and let young Leafs players like Nylander lift Stanley Cups here and not elsewhere. Enough trading young for old! Enough trading away skill! Why must to losing Leafs Nation the Leafs condemn?
Did you actually compare Nylander to Kawhi Leonard? Funny man.

Reactions: AreBe

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
WOW....majority posts predicting you have already lost and you haven't even played game 7. WTF is that? Pretty even series from I see. This is probably the toughest competition for the Leafs...go win and you should sail to a Stanley Cup. Posters saying they cant even watch game 7....really. I call BS.
Still angry at how the Leafs loss today!

They gave that game away! Not everybody, but poor plays by forwards doomed this game to the loss column, when so much of the older players fighting tooth and nail all game long.

If the Leafs actually win this series, they got lucky.

If the Leafs lose this series, they found a way to lose it, when it was theirs to lose. They could not put the Bruins away, and if you cannot do that, you do not deserve to win.

That's the problem with this team, they just not pulling together on the same rope on the same time.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Oh good. That makes me feel better. The problem is at 6x$7M, they might have to eat some salary.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I mean, I respect your opinion but if you wanna accuse me of not being a fan and all that hyperbole, then I draw the line. I watched the 93 playoffs live and have been a die hard fan my entire life, I am simply hedging my bets that maybe this isn't the year but I fully expect the odds to work out sooner rather than later.

[MOD]
Good. But I don’t have another 50 years to wait like you do.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
But why must it always be the Leafs giving away the store?

Thank goodness for analytics and Dubas the Technocrat GM! A math based method will see it through!

I grow tired of all the Leafs draft picks hoisting cups there and elsewhere, everywhere but here! It becomes a bore

We need to keep, not trade away, our kids! Ruinous trading of kids has always gone badly, always, we need to trust our scouts, draft well, and develop from within, and I think we all know that is true!
Yes but they can also make bad signings and that might be the case here.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
This core will win within the next 5 if they are going to, so that's all we should care about today, forget 50 years and live in the (slightly) futuristic present

Reactions: mikeyz

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Me neither!

A lot is on Babcock. He has to be harder on these players. Whip their lazy ass into shape.

To see Bradley Marchant out muscle Marner for that goal is completely unacceptable in a game of this magnitude.

Where is the fight? Where is his heart?

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Me neither!

A lot is on Babcock. He has to be harder on these players. Whip their lazy ass into shape.

To see Bradley Marchant out muscle Marner for that goal is completely unacceptable in a game of this magnitude.

Where is the fight? Where is his heart?
Not just him. Made a bad play but honestly blaming Marner for the team’s predicament is an over reaction. More points in the regular season than any Leaf in 20 years. He’s got a ton of heart. Just a smaller, lighter body.

Reactions: AreBe and Farsailor

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
Did you actually compare Nylander to Kawhi Leonard? Funny man.
OK, Kawahi freaking Leonard (jaw dropping defense leads to very capable offence) is by miles the best professional athlete currently employed by a Toronto team.

And, by the way, Kawahi Leonard showed up today and so did the Raptors, unlike the Leafs. And it is not a sin to support the Jays, Leafs, TFC and the Raptors (oh yeah Argos) and to be a Toronto fan!

But this hate on for Nylaner! Jeez! He's still a young kid who is going to get better! We need to stop running young kids out of town! It needs to stop! And no more trading for torn ACLs with memories of a Norris trophy winner from 7 years ago- just stop it! Why must we get rid of all our young talent? Or does it only so seem?

The Leafs need to watch the Raptors game tonight for inspiration - got back on defense, made good passes to find the open man, and drilled the shots given to them. Leafs got to do to Boston what the Raptors are doing to Orlando- make them an also -ran.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
OK, Kawahi freaking Leonard (jaw dropping defense leads to very capable offence) is by miles the best professional athlete currently employed by a Toronto team.

And, by the way, Kawahi Leonard showed up today and so did the Raptors, unlike the Leafs. And it is not a sin to support the Jays, Leafs, TFC and the Raptors (oh yeah Argos) and to be a Toronto fan!

But this hate on for Nylaner! Jeez! He's still a young kid who is going to get better! We need to stop running young kids out of town! It needs to stop! And no more trading for torn ACLs with memories of a Norris trophy winner from 7 years ago- just stop it! Why must we get rid of all our young talent? Or does it only so seem?

The Leafs need to watch the Raptors game tonight for inspiration - got back on defense, made good passes to find the open man, and drilled the shots given to them. Leafs got to do to Boston what the Raptors are doing to Orlando- make them an also -ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad