Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1. Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I said this last night. I know that Babcock called them out a few years ago, and then he hinted at something that maybe that's why we're not getting calls.
but like. whatever. you're getting paid 6m dollars. go up to the podium rip them a new one. it's not even that we have to get calls (i'd actually rather we play this 5 on 5) but just be EVEN about it.

Exactly. Look, calls or no calls, the Leafs didn't play well enough to win. Not even close.

That does not excuse the zebras to just miss single call in the name of playoff hockey when that just isn't the case in any other playoff series so far.

NYI got 5 PPs in two periods of the last game. Pittsburgh had a couple as well.

It's not hard to call both teams out on their BS. Putting whistles away is what leads to a boiling point and causes players to dole out their own vigilante justice.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
The post seems pretty straightforward, should we as fans not point these things out lol? Frustration is understandable that was a laughable game...I’d say he’s a committed fan who is tired of watching his fav team overpay for mediocre performances...really not that big of a deal...certainly not big enough to take shots at him just saying
Sorry but anyone questioning the Tavares signing and saying it's a Dubas mistake is just looking for attention

The Muzzin comment was a joke also in terms of trade value

Reactions: The Apologist

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Exactly. Look, calls or no calls, the Leafs didn't play well enough to win. Not even close.

That does not excuse the zebras to just miss single call in the name of playoff hockey when that just isn't the case in any other playoff series so far.

NYI got 5 PPs in two periods of the last game. Pittsburgh had a couple as well.

It's not hard to call both teams out on their BS. Putting whistles away is what leads to a boiling point and causes players to dole out their own vigilante justice.

exactly i've been saying this.
the refs were not the reason why we lost.
but they were a factor of why we lost (maybe the first 10 minutes) and i think it just snowballed from there. a good chunk of what they are not calling is what is being called in CBJ/Tampa (that's the other one i've been able to watch pretty well).

just do your job.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Which explains the 5 year contract for Matthews. It's not a lifetime commitment. Babcock isn't sold on him.
Matthews wanted 5 years.

Not Dubas.

Matthews should have been bridged. 3years.

I don't mind paying for results. Dubas got duped.

Marner Madness

Apr 14, 2019
Texas
exactly i've been saying this.
the refs were not the reason why we lost.
but they were a factor of why we lost (maybe the first 10 minutes) and i think it just snowballed from there. a good chunk of what they are not calling is what is being called in CBJ/Tampa (that's the other one i've been able to watch pretty well).

just do your job.
It's simply not going to happen against the Bruins in the playoffs. It's not a coincidence that Jacobs put Bettman in power and now all calls go his teams way.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Dubas needs a new stat.

Playoff Corsi.

What is your CF% when it counts ?

CF% = Conference Final odds % ?

Assembling a team with strong odds of final 4 participation should be the goal of team building, and playoff analytics > regular season analytics.

A team needs to be built for playoff hockey not regular season hockey. IMO

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
A team needs to be built for playoff hockey not regular season hockey. IMO

The stats guys will say playoff hockey stats are small sample sizes.

Watching Matthews float the last two games is sad. He's disengaged.

I only see two options: he's injured or a non physical regular season jockey.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
NHL - No Holds-barred League - how long have many on this board predicted the refs would swallow their whistles ?? F you Gary, Murphy, Gary's puppet Daly and the rest of the f'n idiots that run this league.
Tone the refs haven't swallowed their whistles. They call everything on the leafs, no matter how minor. I think that is what has this fan base in an uproar. They murder us and no call, we sneeze on them and get called every time.
If we play our game with skill and speed it would be a no contest but we can't because of all the obstruction, interference, clutching and grabbing that the refs are allowing (one sided).

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The stats guys will say playoff hockey stats are small sample sizes.

Watching Matthews float the last two games is sad. He's disengaged.

I only see two options: he's injured or a non physical regular season jockey.

I don't think Matthews is hurt.

A player needs to learn how to elevate their game come playoff time, and that comes easier for some players than others.

Star players will get more attention from the opposition and need to fight harder for time and space.

In 9 playoff games vs Boston Matthews has 1 goal and 1 assist only and without Auston having a big impact on the series the Leafs odds of advancement are lower by a noticable margin.

Now with Kadri likely gone for 3 or more games, Leafs lost their advantage down the middle and it will be even more important for Matthews to step his game now facing either Bergeron or Krejci head to head.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad