Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1. Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Of coarse. But the Leafs are the ******* dirty team right. :sarcasm:

Unfortunately, this series is probably over. The Leafs clearly have no answer for that style of play. They just roll over and die.
6 on 10
Nothing can do in the National Hockey Entertainment keeping Madison Avenue happy and trying to keep very marginal American markets in clover- might as well just pounding back the rye

Nothing we can do, it's like the NBA, demonstrably crooked officiating, the fake veneer of some boy-scout run fairness is out, the league is run by undoubtedly brilliant MBA lawyer accountants - those kind of men

US TV does not want Canadian teams advancing in the playoffs. And US TV is needed to keep marginal markets afloat. Canadians are going to watch and show up anyway. It is clear that the officiating last night was to engineer a Boston victory and poke justice in the eye.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I'm sure DeBrusk will make a miraculous recovery

He might, but I bet Bruins would still prefer to trade more penalties rather than lose Krug. That was a concussion from the book, he looked exactly the same way boxers/MMA fighters do after KO trying to get up.

Concussion protocol is still in place, even after games with no refs present. Don't expect him to show up in Toronto games...

Reactions: AreBe

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reffing last night was awful, Toronto didn't play good at all but that Nylander mess up really sunk us.. We were still in the game could have been going into the 3rd period down 2-0 instead of 3-0. Last night was definitely one of the games we could have stolen a win from with Freddy's performance.

In saying that, Nylander was AWFUL that entire game, frustrating to see after he had a good game 1.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
:laugh:

Are you and Islanders fan?

You asked why he would regret switching teams.

I told you why.

His old team just had the fewest goals against in the league and now are up 3-0 on the pens.

The leafs however finished worse this season than last and just got dummied by the Bruins.

If you have nothing to add thats fine but stop replying to me.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You asked why he would regret switching teams.

I told you why.

His old team just had the fewest goals against in the league and now are up 3-0 on the pens.

The leafs however finished worse this season than last and just got dummied by the Bruins.

If you have nothing to add thats fine but stop replying to me.

But you wouldn’t have replied at all probably if Leafs won last game. Admit it.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
One has to think Mathews will be feeling some heat soon. We got the split but you have to watch the refs, Dubas should get the analytics on them.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

I noticed that many of the “neutral posters” didn’t show up when the leafs beat the isles. Or Boston game 1.

It’s driving me away from the board. It’s literally a bunch of people who just want to complain. Or fake fans who create online personalities to troll people all day

Which is the saddest thing I think I have seen since Marley and me......

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Hey, I don't think its fair I just got a warning. I have been basically defending Matthews tepid play by stating what is most likely the reality. He and the team, are probably backing him off from doing stuff that require high intensity shoulder work.

The poor guy is basically trying to survive as a Brett Hull. Just drifting around and finding holes to fire the puck in the net.

But Matthews game is soooo much more than that. And I think that is why he is so disconsolate. He knows he has been robbed by fate of being the best that he can be.

At least for this season.

Lets face it, I think the obvious problem for him this year and last year, was that he was just trying to keep his shoulders in place and work on them in the offseason.

Nothings changed this except for the worst news, now the other shoulder popped out.

Its amazing he can even play, I think we have to cut him some slack and see how he comes out of the box next season.

This season for him? Try to be Brett Hull lite or 2.0 but not Maurice Richard. Not this year anyway.

Dubas obviously still believes in him. Hopefully we get five more good years out of him.

Did anyone notice that he appears to have a Maple Leaf tattoo on his wrist underwrist? Look at his interview after the game. Appears to be a Leaf toooooo.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

I sent my messages after they had already lost....

Tavares is playing with his best linemate ever and gets to play in his hometown. Both are probably pretty cool for him.

But his old team made fools out of us in Toronto and in New York. That can't feel good.

Follow that up with them having a better season than us, fewest goals against, and actually paying well in the playoffs, I could see someone regretting switching teams. Especially when no one stands up for each other on the new team.

We'll see though. Our team should be much better going forward but that's not how thing are playing out currently.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I sent my messages after they had already lost....

Tavares is playing with his best linemate ever and gets to play in his hometown. Both are probably pretty cool for him.

But his old team made fools out of us in Toronto and in New York. That can't feel good.

Follow that up with them having a better season than us, fewest goals against, and actually paying well in the playoffs, I could see someone regretting switching teams. Especially when no one stands up for each other on the new team.

We'll see though. Our team should be much better going forward but that's not how thing are playing out currently.

Nobody could have seen this coming from the Isles. Nobody. Trotz is a god damn miracle worker.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Why though?

Because you need to know your players and anyone watching the game should have known that if Kadri ended up on the ice with DeBrusk at any point in the third a suspension was a strong possibility.

I have posted earlier several times that I don't place all the blame on Babcock but it is likely he deserves some of it. It was Kadri's fifth shift in the third. The first four he wasn't on the ice with DeBrusk. The very first time Kadri was on the ice with DeBrusk after the kneeing, DeBrusk hit Marleau and Kadri lost it. You don't think that was Boston's game plan? I do. And the Leafs shouldn't have fallen for it.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Because you need to know your players and anyone watching the game should have known that if Kadri ended up on the ice with DeBrusk at any point in the third a suspension was a strong possibility.

I have posted earlier several times that I don't place all the blame on Babcock but it is likely he deserves some of it. It was Kadri's fourth shift in the third. The first three he wasn't on the ice with DeBrusk. The very first time Kadri was on the ice with DeBrusk after the kneeing, DeBrusk hit Marleau and Kadri lost it. You don't think that was Boston's game plan? I do. And the Leafs shouldn't have fallen for it.

So, why is Debrusk free of all this? This is what I don't get. The media jumps on anything leafs and especially Kadri. Here is a game plan. Next game you take runs at Bergeron and watch how Boston feels. :)

Reactions: Eb and glue

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
You can't tell the future. About 70% of the players were on the edge that game on both sides.

How many of that 70% have Kadri's suspension history? It is because of that history that Kadri is going to probably get 5 games.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
How many of that 70% have Kadri's suspension history? It is because of that history that Kadri is going to probably get 5 games.

Well, Debrusk won't have any history if he keeps getting a free pass.

There is another thing at play here about Kadri. Has nothing to do with his history. I'll let you figure it out.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Kadri was out of control and should have been benched. It was obvious .

I have posted earlier several times that I don't place all the blame on Babcock but it is likely he deserves some of it. It was Kadri's fifth shift in the third. The first four he wasn't on the ice with DeBrusk. The very first time Kadri was on the ice with DeBrusk after the kneeing, DeBrusk hit Marleau and Kadri lost it. You don't think that was Boston's game plan? I do. And the Leafs shouldn't have fallen for it.

I thought the same about this but keep in mind that Kadri did score the goal to make it 3-1. He was all over the ice (probably the 2nd best leaf in that game after Freddy) and he had as good a chance as any to pot another goal to make it a 3-2 game. Can’t fault Babcock to try and get another goal to mount a comeback...

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
So, why is Debrusk free of all this? This is what I don't get. The media jumps on anything leafs and especially Kadri. Here is a game plan. Next game you take runs at Bergeron and watch how Boston feels. :)

Did I say that DeBrusk is free of all this? I think that the DeBrusk is a disgusting player on a team full of disgusting players. I think that the league should be completely embarrased by what happened in that game.

Kadri is going to be the only one who faces punishment, and it is going to be severe, because he is the one who crossed the line the furthest in any single incidence, and because the league is terrible with dealing with what they should view as a major problem. Every other major sports league should (and probably does) look at the NHL as a joke. When things like CTE are becoming (correctly) a big deal and other leagues are starting to protect their players, the NHL is completely silent when officials allowed a game to go "lord of the flies" - a game in which they should have known that was very, very likely because the Bruins are a bunch of dirty thugs on their best days, and were almost guarenteed to be at their worst because they got slaughtered 2 days previously.

The league pretends it is interested in promoting speed and skill, but it doesn't have the guts to put their foot down to actually do so.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I thought the same about this but keep in mind that Kadri did score the goal to make it 3-1. He was all over the ice (probably the 2nd best leaf in that game after Freddy) and he had as good a chance as any to pot another goal to make it a 3-2 game. Can’t fault Babcock to try and get another goal to mount a comeback...

I agree, but the solution is simple: DeBrusk steps on the ice and Kadri heads off immediately. DeBrusk was the ice. He had been inflamming Kadri all game. The puck was heading into the offensive zone. It would have been very easy to get off the ice.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
People might recall in Game 1 when Kadri was chirping their bench, Babcock went over and said something that radio interpreted as cool it.

Ya you're going to bench the guy who scores and is almost alone showing any jam in the game. If he did that and we lost people would be all over Babcock "how could he bench the guy who's...". Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad