Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1. Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Debrusk when he is wearing an opponents sweater. But the kid is rough and came to play. Lets not say Marleau didn't know something was coming, Debrusk's stick was right beside him.

Marleau is bigger than Debrusk, the classic setup there would be to turn into Debrusk as he was coming in, and smoke him.

I called it, the cutback. Its the most devastating hit around.

Debrusk did a lot of dirty things last night, but I considered that, hitting a guy who has the puck. It just happened to be near the turnbuckle or whatever they call it.
Which changes nothing about what was said.
Hell Naz got two for receiving earlier in the night.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Imo
I think Krug is done for the series. This is his 2nd concussion in recent weeks.

Repeat concussions are just way more devastating.

Also Debrusk to miss at least 2 games

Clifton out
Miller out
Kurali out

Do not wish ill health on anyone but this will bode poorly for the Bruins.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreBe

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Imo
I think Krug is done for the series. This is his 2nd concussion in recent weeks.

Also Debrusk to miss at least 2 games

Clifton out
Miller out
Kurali out

Do not wish ill health on anyone but this will bode poorly for the Bruins.

I'm at the point where I do wish ill health on them. I know it's a horrible way to think and it's only sports. But I wouldn't care if the entire Bruins team blinked out of existence.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Have to say, the officiating made me feel like I was watching the integrity of pro wrestling last night.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
That would not make us win this game. Or the series. The fantastic pass back into the zone, that Nylander misshanled Andersen should have got. He left his post way to early. Nylander messed up bad, but Andersen should have covered that one. I didt see any of the big three on the scoresheet. Thats more concerning.

You should get your Nylander apology checklist ready for game 3 because you're going to need it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I won't be as harsh as some but it is 100% critical that Matthews figures out this post-season thing. He got paid. He can't figure this out "next year" - he wanted the money. Time to perform.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Debrusk when he is wearing an opponents sweater. But the kid is rough and came to play. Lets not say Marleau didn't know something was coming, Debrusk's stick was right beside him.

Marleau is bigger than Debrusk, the classic setup there would be to turn into Debrusk as he was coming in, and smoke him.

I called it, the cutback. Its the most devastating hit around.

Debrusk did a lot of dirty things last night, but I considered that, hitting a guy who has the puck. It just happened to be near the turnbuckle or whatever they call it.

Just happened to be the turnbuckle. Just happened to be Dermott's face. Just happened to be Kadri's knee.

It just happened........not his fault. :sarcasm:

Reactions: nobody

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Kadri's dive after the knee was positively Olympian. I was pretty sure he was fine, so I had to laugh.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
No question, Debrusk brought a bagful of dirty tricks last night, heck, Marchand can just relax now, not have to chop anyone, spear anyone, heck, he doesn't even have to lick anyone, any more.

He must love Debrusk.

Mar 26, 2010
in boston knee on knee, high sticking and elbowing people in the nose = clean plays

p.s. if and only if you are a bruin
Of coarse. But the Leafs are the scumbag dirty team right. :sarcasm:

Unfortunately, this series is probably over. The Leafs clearly have no answer for that style of play. They just roll over and die.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You should get your Nylander apology checklist ready for game 3 because you're going to need it.

I blame all three players on that play. I need a lot more from the three superstars. Marner cant miss when he is free with the goalie. Matthews need to make some goals. And that goes for Tavares our best goalscorer. Nylander is at best nr6 among players . Yet he is the one who should win us games. There is no logic in that at all.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Babcock needs to adjust for tomorrow or we're screwed, yes the refs sucked but that's not why we lost. The actual reason is we couldn't get any sustained pressure in their zone and they took away our time and space. We need to start carrying the puck into their zone more, they countered the dump and chase like 10000 times. We also need to not play their game (aka don't go overboard like Kadri, that was hook line and sinker into Boston's game plan). Start using our speed again and we'll give them fits

Freddy saved our ass a lot and we'll need him to continue to do that, but if we can actually catch the puck (Muzzin) and not pass it into our own net (Nylander) it would be helpful...take game 3 and we're looking very good

Also was it just me or the leafs couldn't handle the puck? Holy hell it was frustrating to see

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if they did turn up the thermostats and slow the ice down. Well I hope we turn the temperature down to all time lows for our ice.

Only sad thing for me is that unlike Boston which can insert a Backes, who does Babcock have, that can be our David Backes?

Please don't say Ennis or Nick Petan.

Who do we have to even replace the mid sized Kadri's snarl?

Btw watched the game in six for some sad reason. Guess I wanted a better outcome. IF anyone here watches it, look at the center ice draw at the beginning of the third period.

Matthews didn't even try at all. Was amazing to see. Just a flat out tank job.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
why would they target AM.........he is invisible, let sleeping dogs lay.

I’d still want make sure he’s incapable of competing. A couple of pokes, a few hits, and some verbal warnings may be all it takes. We don’t know, but he may decide to man up and fight back or he may be waiting for the series to end now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad