Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No problem!

So either that dark object across the goal line & in the net is A) a puck, or B) Holtby shot one out of his pants. I'm guessing it's the former of the two.

Based on other angles, the timing of the puck bouncing off Holtby's ass in that exact direction seem to align perfectly...
Clear as a bell it’s in. The ref was behind the net watching Holtby trying to kick the puck out. He seen that 2 feet away. I don’t know why leaf fans aren’t outraged. Ben dover said :eek:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
They won this shit in regulation. That puck crossed the line.

HYMAN though.. f***!!!!!!!!!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Lmao @ people jumping off the ledge because they lost a game they dominated (and actually won in regulation) in 3 on 3 overtime.

Hope Hyman is okay.
Or people notice they are on a 4 game losing streak where the last win they had was a really ugly one against the worst team in the division. Equally sad to try and rationalize "well they really won." They didn't. They lost. If the dominant team could score more than once on a 5 minute major or more than twice overall against a team that's just coming back from an extremely difficult situation then they would have actually won. This shouldn't have had to be a game decided by one goal on video review.

Possessing the puck is nice. But it's pointless if you can't put it in the net. Matthews could win the Rocket this year, but they need the supporting cast to start putting pucks in. This game isn't a big deal. It's a bad loss, but they've had plenty of those this year. The bigger issues like Hyman being hurt, goaltending not being reliable, and their special teams being weak are what could seriously hurt them when the playoffs roll around.

Reactions: LeafsRus and egd27

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Toronto fans got nothing to worry about for the next 20 years except keeping Matthews in Toronto.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Or people notice they are on a 4 game losing streak
Oh no! The sky is falling because they went on an 0-2-2 stretch after a 9-0-1 stretch! :eyeroll:
Equally sad to try and rationalize "well they really won." They didn't. They lost.
We legally put the puck in the net more times than the other team in regulation. Call that what you want.
If the dominant team could score more than once on a 5 minute major
That's a pretty ridiculous expectation.
or more than twice overall against a team that's just coming back from an extremely difficult situation
They scored 3 times on that team, even though Holtby played spectacularly, and arguably had the save of the year. And I mean, it's a difficult time for some of those people, I'm sure, but in terms of hockey impact - wildly exaggerated. Vancouver was well rested and had strong motivation, and still got dominated.
Possessing the puck is nice. But it's pointless if you can't put it in the net.
We are one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
No, they lost, maybe they deserved to win but they lost because Jack Campbell is a fantastic backup but Jack Campbell is not a #1
So those other 11 wins were what? Fluke?

Yikes!
It really is amazing how quick this fanbase turns on a player in a week after damn near wanting to give the guy the keys to Toronto. Pretty pathetic.

Go ahead when Andersen is healthy and Keefe has the same heart he gets to keep sucking up to Thornton and starting him every night, Keefe will go right back to Andersen. After his first loss, guys like you will come roaring back for Jack to start.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I literally got a warning post for saying you guys took a bigger L than askren.... fr?
Is the world getting that soft?
I mean you come across as pretty soft coming to this board to whine about it, that's for sure.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I literally got a warning post for saying you guys took a bigger L than askren.... fr?
Is the world getting that soft?
I along with many others in here, dont give a flying **** about your warning. Take your tissues back to your teams board and shut it.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Oh boy, another Miracle on Ice at the Leafs' expense.

Miracle indeed.

Lest we forget Ottawa's near zero chance of coming back from down 5-1 against us. Experience Leafs Hockey.

EuUsBz9WYAQpzCF

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So those other 11 wins were what? Fluke?

Yikes!
It really is amazing how quick this fanbase turns on a player in a week after damn near wanting to give the guy the keys to Toronto. Pretty pathetic.

Go ahead when Andersen is healthy and Keefe has the same heart he gets to keep sucking up to Thornton and starting him every night, Keefe will go right back to Andersen. After his first loss, guys like you will come roaring back for Jack to start.

You need to read more of my posts I have always said Jack Campbell is not a #1, he is a fantastic backup but he IS a backup.

A #1 goalie wins this game you can't call yourself a #1 goalie and lose to a team coming off Covid you simply can't do that

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
You need to read more of my posts I have always said Jack Campbell is not a #1, he is a fantastic backup but he IS a backup.

A #1 goalie wins this game you can't call yourself a #1 goalie and lose to a team coming off Covid you simply can't do that
Not as if he had great goal support, though. Why are we over reacting to a rough spell after such a good spell too.

People acting as if he’s trash all of a sudden.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think all that needs to be said is that the Flyers lost 9-0 and 8-3 to the Rangers, plus lost 6-1 to Buffalo to end an 18 game losing streak for Buffalo (after already losing 6-1 to Buffalo earlier in the season), all within a 2-week period when they were in the middle of a massive tailspin that ultimately is going to dash their once promising playoff hopes this year.

No offense to the Flyers, but that is significantly more embarrassing that losing a game where we dominated the entire game and had rotten luck.

I'll let you guess which one has its own thread on the main boards.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
It was sort of disappointing to lose but Matthews scored, we got a point and still retain first place.
It really comes down to these next jets games anyways; if they don’t set the tone and win the majority then they don’t really deserve first overall anyways.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
See that the panic has set in again.
Problems with this team:
PREPARATION!!!GAMEPLAN!!!
* They have none. This is a coaching issue. The inmates are running the asylum. Country club.
Need a sabre rattling coach. A Barry Trotz.......a dare I say it, John Totorella.
Too much shiny, fancy no look passes. And I am done with 16.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Sometimes the worst teams in the NHL beat the best teams, sometimes they even blow them out (even those who go on to win the cup); this loss is no big deal especially considering Marner did score with 19 seconds left.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Seems like we keep running into hot goalie after hot goalie. If this is the growing trend of how its going to be in the playoffs we're in for a rough ride....

Reactions: mikemar1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad