Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
How can you say that? Show me the video that shows it clearly in and why didn't Marner and them object even in the slightest. When Holtby got up the puck was not all the way in, maybe he dragged it but without proof you can't call that a goal, especially when trying to overturn the call.
Plus if it was in so clearly as you say, why didn't Keefe challenge?

Marner was lobbying pretty hard, and challenging would not do anything. It is not like they were looking for something else as in other cases (i.e. they were originally looking if it was a high stick and you challenged for goalie interference instead; refs aren't checking video for both simultaneously). They'd look at the exact same footage for the exact same thing.

It's on the refs to do their job and they did not do their jobs. There was conclusive evidence (you can even see the puck go over Holtby's pad, which was entirely in the net, and the puck was entirely in the net when Holtby lifted his pad even after he pushed it forward) and they still couldn't make the right call. Cost us the game today unfortunately.

Reactions: authentic

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Canucks fan here.

Ya’ll took a bigger L than Askren tonight .

But in all seriousness, I think it was just adrenal, probably gonna see a blowout next game.

GGs
Hopefully, for both our sakes you are right
I’m pretty sure you guys would want a top end talent as this season was close to worse case scenario with all the injuries, COVID, FA not panning out, and even though there isn’t any elite talent really in this draft, let’s say, William Elklund or even Luke Hughes;) could really improve Vancouver

Reactions: VintageBure

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I just thought it was weird the ref behind the net didn't get in closer to take a look...like jump right in on top of it.

Kinda his job.

Whatevs, on to the next one.

Third Degree Burns

Feb 12, 2019
No need to overreact. Holtby played well + a little bit of luck on the random windmill save. Rielly is playing some of the worst hockey ive seen him play tho ngl.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Why does anyone else need to lead by example? There are plenty of captains in this league doesn't drive the net or forecheck hard.
Patrice Bergeron rarely drives the net or forechecks super hard. His line mates do that for him
Neither does Jordan Staal.

But their teams seems to be fine. Don't bail out players, It's on them

With some players you could have Gilmour and Messier leading the charge, it doesn't change them. They are who they are

JT leading the charge won't make Thornton any younger, Mikaheyev new sets of hands, Simmonds a hockey player again. This team has some poor personnel, that's the issue, not leadership from JT

JT has never been a guy leading charge. Ask any Isles fans. You expecting that out of JT it's not his fault, it's yours
Attitude is a reflection of leaderships.
Leading the Charge is not limited to smashing people but rather being dominant shift in and shift out.
When you watch Hockey games, you can tell some players just want it more than others every games. How often do we see that in JT, esp when the team struggles.
I was a captain on my rugby team and far from being the best player but when the team was struggling that’s when I usually have my best games. I joked about I only looked good bc the rest played like crap but the team knows they can count on me when things are tough. JT needs to be that.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
To be honest though, I'd rather this group find a way to get it done. They came in together, would be pretty awesome to see them make it to the top together. We're discussing worst case, but this team makes it hard to see anything but sometimes.
No doubt about it. I think this team is a lot like Ovie and the Caps than Sid and the Pens.
When you look at Ovie and the Caps, how many players actually was still around when Ovie led them to the Cup?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
You know we're a spoiled fanbase when the team has the 7th best shooting% in the league and half the board wants everyone fired cause the "team can't finish".

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Typical Leafs trap game.. typical Leafs Sunday game.. topped off by Jim Hughson calling it.

No reason for Campbell to start over Rittich in this one.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Typical Leafs trap game.. typical Leafs Sunday game.. topped off by Jim Hughson calling it.

No reason for Campbell to start over Rittich in this one.

Well it is a B2B so he is starting one game and Rittich is getting the other. Pick your poison.

I'd probably put Campbell in first. Let him get it back against Vancouver, and let Rittich take the team he made 16/17 saves against on Thursday.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Well it is a B2B so he is starting one game and Rittich is getting the other. Pick your poison.

I'd probably put Campbell in first. Let him get it back against Vancouver, and let Rittich take the team he made 16/17 saves against on Thursday.

The next game is Scheduled for Tuesday though, not a b2b. Did they change it?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This not having a killer instinct is bs. Then they would not win at all. But something is wrong. To full of themself against some opponents maby?

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
9 of the last 14 games TO has scored 2 goals per game, not including empty netters, PP 2 for what 50, scoring is TO's issue, was last year and the year before and ....

TO ends each year in the top 5 to 10 offensively so most assume d is the issue but TO consistently scores in droves early in the year and the offense becomes very tepid in the later part of the year and definitely in the playoffs, annually.

I like what Foligno can bring to the Leafs but his offensive stats aren't something that will provide promise when TO needs goals like now or more importantly in the playoffs. In 42 games Foligno is 7 goals and 9 assists based on about 18 minutes per game.

TO's d has been reasonable all year so can we expect that augmenting the part of the lineup that has functioned reasonably well all year and even now will be enough to make up for a team that manages basically 2 goals per game when it counts. 2 goals per game will not win games consistently nor will it win any playoff series.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Thank you for posting these videos of the goal clearly in 123OTG. Appreciated.
No problem!

So either that dark object across the goal line & in the net is A) a puck, or B) Holtby shot one out of his pants. I'm guessing it's the former of the two.

Based on other angles, the timing of the puck bouncing off Holtby's ass in that exact direction seem to align perfectly...

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well that lottery team came within 1 goal of the conference final last year is 3-2 against the leafs all wins coming after the finished that brutal stretch of 18 games in 28 days with no practice time, to start the seson. We are 12-4 since losing Petey and had 8 regulars out tonight, not sure why you feel the need to bash another team because your mad your team lost.
Go away man. We don’t want you here. Leafs board! Your team sucks golf balls threw garden hoses

Reactions: MR4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad