Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 vs Bruins | #FreeMorganRielly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
It was a good game from the guys that matter. Get rid of the plugs when we can, find a centre when we can. Unfortunately we are not a contender this year. Just keep grinding.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You know what's telling -
Nonis' look of disgust and sharp walkout of the GM lounge. He's going to do something.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
**** you Ranger. Get this guy the hell out of the lineup. What a dumbass.

I don't care what anyone says, I've had enough of Reimer. If I have to see him flopping around on the ice giving up fat ass rebounds while the other scores on us, I'm going to rip my ****ing hair out. Should have played Bernier in this game.

Nice effort in the 2nd but that goal at the beginning of the 3rd totally deflated this team and they turned a pathetic period afterwards especially at the end where they were just getting physically dominated by the Bruins.

Even though we played worse against the Canucks, this game seriously pissed me off way more.

mikebel111*

And dion getting hate after a heck of a game. and we lost. Which means thread will be unbearable. We competed for the most part though.
Liked clarkson, dion, kadri, lupul, ashton plus gardiner
Im out

Last edited by a moderator:

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Couple days off will do some good after this one. At least they played better then the first.

Couple vs Buffalo, NYI, Nashville, and Columbus coming up. Gotta make sure to win those ones.

Feb 24, 2004
Think it's time to think about moving Gardiner with Rielly already better. Gardiner for all of his flash gets so little in terms of results for it.

Need to use this asset to get our Center situation in order or get another more experienced D man, use Reimer and Gauthier as additional bait.

I'd hope the leafs don't move our best defenseman, but I've seen stranger things.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Such a piss off.

As for Phaneuf, he played great all night, but of course, everyone is going to magnify his one mistake, like last playoffs.

Playing great all night doesn't excuse his lazy effort retrieving that puck. Looked like he just gave up.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It must be really nice to be Chara and be able to high stick and punch people in the face and not get any penalties.

If refs actually called him for even half the stuff he does he'd spend more time in the box than on the ice.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
The final goal was pretty bad but certainly not all on Dion. Franson gave him absolutely not outlet and was absolutely blown by Bergeron on the winner.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
That was a ****ing pathetic effort from Phaneuf. It's the last ****ing minute of the game, and you're down a goal. You're the captain of the team, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET PAID TO DO, and you come up with that? Absolutely no hustle. And absolutely no excuse for that either.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Great game by Dion.

I'm just not sure why every time there's a forechecker after him, he has to look behind and stop skating.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
People ***** at Phaneuf are stupid... There was 12 seconds, no way were catching up, he was gassed after playing nearly 60 minutes in less than 24 hours and played an incredible game.

Franson, Ranger and Raymond should be ashamed, all played terrible especially Ranger. Franson has no defensive awareness whatsoever. Chasing Marchand on the outside right to the front of the net giving him a clear shot on net? :laugh:

nc

Jul 25, 2010
I don't know about you guys, but I hate these CBC commentators. I know people here complain about Bowman, and I know he does make errors here and there, but at least he is a leaf fan and genuinely loves the team. The excitement in his voice makes it exciting for me to watch the games.

I am convinced these CBC commentators hate the leafs and love making fun of them. And honestly I hate listening to them constantly bashing the leafs and finding the smallest thing in their game to make fun of, while usually ignoring the good things they do. It's such a bad experience to listen to them. Does anyone else feel this way?

Ps: What is Healy's problem? It seems like he got his feelings hurt by the leafs and now he is always talking trash about them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Good effort. Can't complain about that.

Officials were embarrassing. Head shots all night by the Bruins, league could have a hey-day if they were honest about this crackdown.

I'm really not thrilled with Carlyle's player deployment. I'd like to see a lot less Raymond, who seems to be Jason Blake without the hands. Never saw a pair of shinpads he didn't want to shoot at.

I think coaching and officiating lost this game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm out of here, I can't deal with idiots who are going to blame Dion. People can't even watch a game and make a proper assessment without making themselves look like complete morons. Good night

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Carlyle or farrish need to stop plaing Dion late when gassed. The last shift he is gassed from a previous shift.

Same thing happened in game 7 last year they rode Phaneuf until he was too gassed to be effective.

Other than that get ranger out of the lineup put Rielly in and see how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad