Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 vs Bruins | #FreeMorganRielly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Isn't this about the time we usually make a trade in the season? Time to inject some new life in to this team.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
yLWk6GG.gif

Stupid Bruins!

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
This game was quite the reminder that these two teams are very close. Quite evident that they went to 7 games in overtime not 6 months ago, and might again in the not too distant future.

I have no issues with this loss at all. Solid close game that could have went either way and was one of our better showings so far this year.

Mr Scarface*

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=443617

I remember a few people in the GDT complaining that you weren't posting :laugh:
Thanks alot of the link sir and many respects from here! Didn't remember this place and haven't visited in a long while here... often I won't have to because I see almost all of them Leafs games.

Many respects and bow downs to people who wanted to chat/talk/go through the game with me also. This is a fun place to follow hockey and I also enjoy all of your posts. What a fun world and it's really open for discussion because of the internet. hfboards gets me going cause I've noticed that there's a lot of real hockey fans here who follow the game with pure emotion. Sometimes even with sense. Many respects from here and do bow down.

I'll check behind this link now.

Mr Scarface*

Some scraps right there... That McQuaid vs Frazer McLaren was really something. Respect for both of them going at it and throwing big bombs. Close to a draw I think.

Iginla got the best of Clarkson these I think... Iginla's a tough character and hard to beat. Clarkson did ok. Nice fight and good to see. Nice energy.

Thanks for the link again. Have to remember this place if I miss any other games.

Man our team and carlyle are hard.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
My cousin said it looked like this character... i thought its friend looked more heinous :|

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.23.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.23.04 PM.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 9

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Love JVR and I know it's only been 2 games but he doesn't look good at center. The problem is Kessel and Lupul wouldn't look any better. We need a center back badly.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
For some reason Gunnarsson's sketchy play isn't even being mentioned. Our top pairing is a joke and should've been revamped last season. To expect Phaneuf to carry the pairing on his own when Weber ( with Josi) couldn't is ridiculous.

We need someone that can at least supplement Phaneuf (i.e. Marc Staal) or a two-way puck mover (i.e. McDonagh) that can complement him. After all, we are trying to contend here.

As for Clarkson, he had a good game. It's a damn shame that we're not seeing him on the top line with JVR and Kessel. It's obvious that he is expecting a top line role, and he'd compliment that line a lot better than Lupul. We have enough skill, we need someone that can play a consistent power game on that line.

Gunnarson has been FAR less than impressive all season. He's second guessing almost every decision and in turn makes him half of a step slower.

There are a few Defensemen who need to take a breather for a night, and he's absolutely one of them.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Gunnarson has been FAR less than impressive all season. He's second guessing almost every decision and in turn makes him half of a step slower.

There are a few Defensemen who need to take a breather for a night, and he's absolutely one of them.

We have nobody other than Gunnarsson who is even CLOSE to being able to handle top lines.

But yeah, lets put guys who struggle far more than he does on the second and third pairings in his place.

:facepalm:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
People still ripping on Gunnarsson. :laugh:

He started very poorly this season but has been his normal self since about six games in. Of course people are still holding those first six games against him though. When it comes to team defense, Gunnarsson is probably the 2nd least of our problems.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
People still ripping on Gunnarsson. :laugh:

He started very poorly this season but has been his normal self since about six games in. Of course people are still holding those first six games against him though. When it comes to team defense, Gunnarsson is probably the 2nd least of our problems.

It's amazing how people can ignore Gunnarsson's good work as if he isn't 50% of a pretty good top pairing. As if Phaneuf has had an excellent season despite him, when in reality they're working well together. How quickly people forget the job they did againt Pittsburgh. How easily people ignore the work Gunnarsson does along the boards against the best players in the world. How rarely he gets caught out of position or beaten 1on1. And they'd replace him with a 19 year old rookie or defensemen who can't even reliably handle their lesser duties.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's amazing how people can ignore Gunnarsson's good work as if he isn't 50% of a pretty good top pairing. As if Phaneuf has had an excellent season despite him, when in reality they're working well together. How quickly people forget the job they did againt Pittsburgh. How easily people ignore the work Gunnarsson does along the boards against the best players in the world. How rarely he gets caught out of position or beaten 1on1. And they'd replace him with a 19 year old rookie or defensemen who can't even reliably handle their lesser duties.

I'm honestly starting to believe that because of Gunnarson's poor start to the season, people are subscribing to confirmation bias and willfully ignoring the good things he does so they can find the one or two negative things that may or may not happen in a game and put them under a microscope.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
As much as a line of lupul-jvr-kessel sounds GREAT, I think we're better off with two duos of Kessel-JVR and Lupul-Kadri.

Lupes and Kadri played so much better when they got put together, doesn't matter if the third person is Kulie or Clarkson.

Jvr and Kessel can play with Raymond(speed) or Clarkson (size) until bozak comes back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He's playing like he always has, decent but not a top pairing player. His replacement has been this Teams biggest need for a while now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Someone should tell Carlyle he knows nothing about playing defense.

With all the more capable defenders on the team it is amazing that Phaneuf-Gunnarsson is still together.

I suppose they should just go to Wal-Mart and pick up a first pairing defender to replace Gunnarsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad