Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1 vs Bruins | #FreeMorganRielly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Rielly would have made a massive difference, especially in the first period, when mark fraser got hemmed in his own zone for 3 minutes because he doesn't know how to skate.

:help: kulemin with no stick and both his and Ashton's shear stupidity in not switching to get Kulemin closer to the bench was the reason for all of that...

but hey Rielly would have been superhero in that instant I guess. He is highly touted after all :p:

Asif16*

calm down.

Rielly is a very good player, Fraser is a liability.

It would likely have made a huge difference in this one-goal game.

Yeah keep thinking that. We lost this game because of Mark Fraser. Sounds right to me. smh

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Since when is Franson an "all around horse?" The guy straight up doesn't know how to play defense.

Since last year continuing into this season... didn't see that coming did you with your blind hate? Be prepared to be amazed.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
the better team won. Boston will always be the team of the East that i will compare us to when evaluating just how good we are.

The upside to losing is that we no longer get absolutely murdered by the Bruins every game like we were a few years ago so it shows massive improvement

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
the better team won. Boston will always be the team of the East that i will compare us to when evaluating just how good we are.

The upside to losing is that we no longer get absolutely murdered by the Bruins every game like we were a few years ago so it shows massive improvement

This is the third time I've quoted you so it's apparent me and you don't see eye to eye on this team or in the game for that matter..You sound like you're talking from 3 years ago! You do realize we took them to game 7 in the playoffs right?

" The upside is we no longer get absolutely murdered"...Wow..I don't think I need to go on. Are you always a pushover like this? What were your expectations to be exact. Do you always give the team little pats on the back after every loss? Or bring about the most asinine non relevant positive notes after every loss. I'll say one thing, if we lose 10-0 somehow you're the one I'm looking for to make the one and only positive post.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
You're all wrong, the game went downhill after they showed those 2 scary Boston Milfs in the crowd, I was thrown off too.

Seriously though people are blaming Phaneuf? Fraser, Ranger and JVR (because he's playing C) looked awful tonight and I cannot comprehend how people are still backing Ranger up. It'd be awesome if he could return to NHL form asap but it doesn't look like it will be this season.

Polo*

If you guys had Bolland playing tonight that game is very different.

There is a reason he was brought to the leafs. Specifically for teams like Boston. I can promise if he was there the leafs wouldnt be hemmed in so much

even bozak plays well in the defensive zone imo

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
If you guys had Bolland playing tonight that game is very different.

There is a reason he was brought to the leafs. Specifically for teams like Boston. I can promise if he was there the leafs wouldnt be hemmed in so much

even bozak plays well in the defensive zone imo

It doesn't even have to be Bolland, Bozak's due to come back in a few weeks and that would slot JVR back to LW. That wouldve been a big difference.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Anybody with half a brain knows that Gunnarsson is on borrowed time... eventually Rielly will be Phaneuf's D partner but we have no patience for the due diligence of the process Rielly is going through right now until he's ready for that role.

Leafs top 4 D is incredibly clear what it will be and what they're building to yet so many of us seem to think the Leafs aren't a developing team it's frightening in this forum at just how little people seem to understand.

The top 4 will in fact be in due time

Phaneuf - Rielly

Gardiner - Franson

2 all around horses with 2 puck movers who can control a game from the back end.
I see that happening as well. We really need to get a puck mover on Phaneuf pairing if he's going to be so heavily utilised. The current format is extremely taxing on him.

Since when is Franson an "all around horse?" The guy straight up doesn't know how to play defense.
He was during the playoffs. Played in all situations. I think he'll look a lot better during the playoffs. Carlyle is a lot more restrictive than other coaches and it's showing. We'll probably perform better from the second half of the season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I see that happening as well. We really need to get a puck mover on Phaneuf pairing if he's going to be so heavily utilised. The current format is extremely taxing on him.

He was during the playoffs. Played in all situations. I think he'll look a lot better during the playoffs. Carlyle is a lot more restrictive than other coaches and it's showing. We'll probably perform better from the second half of the season.

best thing carlyle could do is sit reilly .....now we know he isnt the problem ,and if u wanted to showcase gardiner ,he payed his best game since last years playoffs ,ranger is way overated ,,,,hes behind reilly ,liles,tj brennan and matt finn ,,,,,,,he rreally cant skate

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
It bothers me that people will only see the bad or mistakes someone will make yet never give credit where its due.

That plus many don't realize we live in a cap world. People complain that the players making a million bucks are not playing flawless hockey or even Shea Weber caliber hockey. :laugh: If there is this miraculous dman out there who will never make a miscue and play for league minimum Nonis and the scouts should be removed from their positions for not signing him. Most of the blame for losses or wins for that matter should fall to the people making the big bucks. Don't blame the lowest cost employees. Sheesh.

naturalnumbas

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto
Not much to say about this one.. only:

Franson pushes someone from behind, CBC says we're lucky not to get a penalty

Some Boston scrub pushes Clarkson down from behind...."Boston's just such a tough team"....

CBC DONT FORGET WHERE YOUR DINNER PLATE IS!

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Where we watching the same game?

That was some of the best hockey this team has played all year. We lost, on the road against arguably the best team in the division. Lots of good to be drawn from this game, for example.

- Gards was on fire
- Reimer's rebound control
- Clarkson's physical presence
- RC did the right thing and put Lupul back with Kiadri

and there was more. There is nothing wrong with sitting Reilly from time to time to get some perspective. This is a long season and this is the style of hockey they need to play when things tighten up in the last 30 games or so. The way they were playing was Wilson hockey and would almost guarantee another epic meltdown.

But I guess many prefer to use a single loss to back whatever agenda you might have. But please tell us again how you much you hate Bozak, or or wish we had some mysterious #1C, or how Grabo would be a difference maker. It's so f***ing interesting the three hundreth time.

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
:help: kulemin with no stick and both his and Ashton's shear stupidity in not switching to get Kulemin closer to the bench was the reason for all of that...

but hey Rielly would have been superhero in that instant I guess. He is highly touted after all :p:
Ashton is a dumb guy and Kulemin is either dumb or just isn't ready to give 100%. However, that stick was Ranger's who is another dummy who forgot to yell out his stick wasn't broken.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
and there was more. There is nothing wrong with sitting Reilly from time to time to get some perspective. This is a long season and this is the style of hockey they need to play when things tighten up in the last 30 games or so. The way they were playing was Wilson hockey and would almost guarantee another epic meltdown.

I have no beef with Carlyle preaching accountabiilty with Rielly but he needs to apply that standard to everyone on the team as well. Ranger has easily been our biggest f-ck up back there and Carlyle rewards him with ice time, Phaneuf goofed up BIG TIME late in the game yet you won't see Randy discipline him either. I'm sorry but this "holding players accountable" is nothing but a hypocritcal double standard on the coaches end.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
14nk6fn.jpg

The puck hasn't touched Bergeron's stick yet

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

That was some of the best hockey this team has played all year. We lost, on the road against arguably the best team in the division. Lots of good to be drawn from this game, for example.

- Gards was on fire

But I guess many prefer to use a single loss to back whatever agenda you might have. But please tell us again how you much you hate Bozak, or or wish we had some mysterious #1C, or how Grabo would be a difference maker. It's so f***ing interesting the three hundreth time.

Sure Gards was on fire, he has been the MAyRay of D so far, minus the numbers.

SteveV*

- Gards was on fire

That was the best rebound control I've seen from Reims, Bernier looks to be rubbing off, which is another intangible in having two quality tenders, they pick up things.

Gardiner has been our BEST D man outside of Dion.

Ashton tries, but freaking pot a goal once a decade, his offensive skill at this level is non existent.

Oh, and it's amazing how much Kuli has declined with Randy as his coach, what a waste....

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Lets trade for Marcel Goc already, second rounder and biggs or Percy, lets get this done.

EDDIE20*

You're all wrong, the game went downhill after they showed those 2 scary Boston Milfs in the crowd, I was thrown off too.

Exactly. Hockey players are only human. Those two broads gave me a fright too. I'm glad my TV set withstood the punishment when the camera showed them.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
That was the best rebound control I've seen from Reims, Bernier looks to be rubbing off, which is another intangible in having two quality tenders, they pick up things.

Gardiner has been our BEST D man outside of Dion.

Ashton tries, but freaking pot a goal once a decade, his offensive skill at this level is non existent.

Oh, and it's amazing how much Kuli has declined with Randy as his coach, what a waste....

So true with regards to Kule. Really feel that his time with the club is coming to an end. Love the guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him traded. Of all the contracts that need to be picked re-upped next year, his is near the bottom of the list. If there was a spot where a Marlie can earn a spot, it's his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad