Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings - Wednesday 10pm

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Good for him. We clearly won this deal but if LA is getting a potentially NHL player in Durzi, they are probably fine with it too.

Reactions: Rocker13

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
With Durzi making his debut tomorrow, Dubas is trending towards getting 5 NHLers from that draft which is incredible.
Sandin
Durzi
SDA has had a great start this season and is progressing towards NHL
Kral has been getting rave reviews from Marlies people
Holmberg is further away but his progression has been terrific.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I wonder what type of leaf team we'll see tomorrow night.

Is it just me (I'm not complaining because we're winning so that's fine with me) but do the leafs seem to be playing a more boring style defence first type of game, compared to the high flying, high octane offense we saw last season??

Is it just the way other teams are playing us and we are adjusting to neutralize them? I like that everyone is adopting a team defense philosophy, but our offensive creativity has been shut down this season.

Again not complaining, I'll take a 1-0 win over a 5-4 loss any day... Just curious if I'm the only one seeing this.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

Is it just me (I'm not complaining because we're winning so that's fine with me) but do the leafs seem to be playing a more boring style defence first type of game, compared to the high flying, high octane offense we saw last season??

Is it just the way other teams are playing us and we are adjusting to neutralize them? I like that everyone is adopting a team defense philosophy, but our offensive creativity has been shut down this season.

Again not complaining, I'll take a 1-0 win over a 5-4 loss any day... Just curious if I'm the only one seeing this.

Getting them use to playoff hockey! If this team can’t get out of the first round with Keefe getting playoff hockey habits into their minds this early they never will win a cup.

Reactions: Notsince67

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Sadly, for the NFL, the other team that traditionally plays on Thanksgiving is the Detroit Lions...YIKES! Don't know why the NFL insists on trotting them out every November. I mean, I know its tradition and all but come on! They have long since deserved to not be in that spotlight. As a matter of fact, they may be the worst run organization in NA pro sports EVER. And this is coming from a Lions fan! Seriously...they are worse than the Donald Sterling owned Clippers, the Browns, and the Bengals...and brother, that is one low bar to limbo under.

Maybe another Barry Sanders will happen again someday, but this time with a Russell Wilson type QB with at least 1 allpro wideout. And a D that can completely shut down the run. Its a Super Bowl recipe that's tried and true.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Intetesting look. Marner in the net front spot but imagine there will be movement. Edit: 2 drills only

Reactions: Rocker13

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021

Not just you but I love W's to me they are never boring.

Determined and steely resolve - I hope it carries throughout the season and beyond. The guys have experienced the rewards of high-powered offence and I don't think anyone needs convincing that tight defense will reap other rewards.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
With Durzi making his debut tomorrow, Dubas is trending towards getting 5 NHLers from that draft which is incredible.
Sandin
Durzi
As of right now he only has 1. Don't count your chickens before they hatch

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Sandin
Durzi

I liked SDA in pre-season, hopefully continues to make progress, maybe future 3C or top 9W

Holmberg seems like a real solid bet in the bottom 6 within the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: stickty111

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Could just be a call-up to let him visit old teammates and friends/family. Seems doubtful he'll play, but we'll see.
Is there a rule saying that players in the minors can't be with the NHL team? Like if the team just wants to pay for an extra player to hang around, are they allowed. Does it matter.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Maybe another Barry Sanders will happen again someday, but this time with a Russell Wilson type QB with at least 1 allpro wideout. And a D that can completely shut down the run. Its a Super Bowl recipe that's tried and true.
But they had ALL THAT at one time. Stafford at QB, Megatron at wideout, and Suh in the middle. Now, maybe the D as a unit wasn't great but it should have been enough to get them farther into the playoffs than they ever got. Problem was, the offence was so pass happy they never had even a semblance of a running game. And it killed them in the red zone time after time. Defences would key on the receiver's because they knew there was no ground game.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is there a rule saying that players in the minors can't be with the NHL team? Like if the team just wants to pay for an extra player to hang around, are they allowed. Does it matter.

It does matter and there is a rule about it. The player couldn't practice or be with the team if he part of the AHL team.

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
It's funny how much "late" games annoy me now. I love watching hockey at 4 PM, having the whole night after is great. I don't know why Canuck fans complain about 4 PM starts, they're great.
Having lived in Calgary most of my life I really got used to the 5pm start times for the Leafs. Lived in Toronto for about 2 years and hated the 7pm start time. Back in Calgary enjoying those 5pm start times again :)

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad