Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings - Wednesday 10pm

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Oh boy, the dreaded California trip. Last time was just before the Covid shutdown when all three California teams were in the Pacific basement and the Leafs only managed 1 out of 6 points. Sure it was nice to beat the Bolts after that as the last game for that season. I don't have much confidence in this game.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs Wed
Bills Thurs
Leafs Fri
Sooners Sat
NFL ALL DAY SUNDAY.

WHAT A THANKSGIVING
May be my favourite weekend of the year.

Guessing the American born players will host a big party Thursday.

Reactions: Jojalu

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He must be a Leaf fan in the USA, I was that for 21 years but now back in T.O.

For NFL fans, the USA Thanksgiving Thursday is a big deal, particularly as a Cowboys fan that always hoist a game on that day, even for Canadians living in the Canada as its all day football with 3 games scheduled. I make that day a personal day (holiday day off for myself).

However having Leafs play WED, FRI, and then Sunday (late game) that works out fantastically this week for a Hockey and Football fan as far as loads of sports and very little overlapping conflict. :vhappy:.

Only Leafs/Anaheim NHL and Baltimore/Cleveland NFL late Sunday games require a little creativity with PVR.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Oh boy, the dreaded California trip. Last time was just before the Covid shutdown when all three California teams were in the Pacific basement and the Leafs only managed 1 out of 6 points. Sure it was nice to beat the Bolts after that as the last game for that season. I don't have much confidence in this game.

Great memory... WOW.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
For NFL fans, the USA Thanksgiving Thursday is a big deal, particularly as a Cowboys fan that always hoist a game on that day, even for Canadians living in the Canada as its all day football with 3 games scheduled.

However having Leafs play WED, FRI, and then Sunday (late game) that works out fantastically this week for a Hockey and Football fan as far as loads of sports and very little overlapping conflict. :vhappy:.
It's ignorant to assume only Canadians are Leaf fans. This fan base is world wide with a huge following in the US.
It's not a coincidence that they are south of the border this weekend.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They'll be fine in this one, IMO. Friday night might be a different story with the Turkey hangover.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's ignorant to assume only Canadians are Leaf fans. This fan base is world wide with a huge following in the US.

Although our Leafs are on the road in Cali this holiday week in the States, its going to allow for a sea of blue and white jerseys in the stands cheering on Leafs in all three Arenas, that it might look like Leafs home games. :)

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Leafs usually get screwed with 3 games in 4 nights vs rested California teams, but not this time. I think they'll take the first two

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They'll be fine in this one, IMO. Friday night might be a different story with the Turkey hangover.
I bet some of the Leafs wallets will be lighter.

Leafs have 3 X $11 mil players scheduled to be in California on Black Friday.

If I were Auston, Mitch or JT, I would get together, rent a hockey suite in all 3 California Arenas Staples, Honda and SAP Arenas and kill 2 X birds with 1 stone and buy week vacations for friends and family to come see them play this week and get their Christmas shopping done at the same. :wg:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
win.gif

Reactions: Rocker13 and Buds17

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
For NFL fans, the USA Thanksgiving Thursday is a big deal, particularly as a Cowboys fan that always hoist a game on that day, even for Canadians living in the Canada as its all day football with 3 games scheduled. I make that day a personal day (holiday day off for myself).

Only Leafs/Anaheim NHL and Baltimore/Cleveland NFL late Sunday games require a little creativity with PVR.

It is so fitting that you are a Cowboys fan.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I am very interested to hear how and why people outside of Canada are Leaf fans. Fantastic but I'm a bit perplexed as to why.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad