Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings - Wednesday 10pm

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We got a Leaf fans on this forum from Scotland, England and Australia to your point Leaf nation is all over this planet.

About 10 years ago I was visiting a small town in Italy of about 400 people. I walked into the bar in the middle of the piazza and the Leaf game was playing on the TV with a big Maple Leafs banner hanging from the ceiling.

Turns out the bar owners brother lived in Woodbridge and took him to a Leaf game when he visited Toronto. He became a huge fan and had watched ever Leaf game since.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
I am very interested to hear how and why people outside of Canada are Leaf fans. Fantastic but I'm a bit perplexed as to why.
I'm from Romania and big raptors fan because of Vince Carter, the moment i started following nhl i got madly in love with the leafs starting with the Kadri draft..now my order is 1 inter milan 2 leafs 3 raptors and 4 detroit lions

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
About 10 years ago I was visiting a small town in Italy of about 400 people. I walked into the bar in the middle of the piazza and the Leaf game was playing on the TV with a big Maple Leafs banner hanging from the ceiling.

Turns out the bar owners brother lived in Woodbridge and took him to a Leaf game when he visited Toronto. He became a huge fan and had watched ever Leaf game since.

"Like"

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We might WIN again! :clap: Always we win! And we might even keep the same lineup! Lets see, I'm getting so excited. I'm so excited! :clap:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Go Leafs Go... a little late for me, given I get up at 5am.. The three Western teams are playing better than they were last time we had this swing, but there is no reason we can't beat them all, outside of us beating ourselves.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I am very interested to hear how and why people outside of Canada are Leaf fans. Fantastic but I'm a bit perplexed as to why.

Not outside of Canada but the guy who I get my "Chinese" food from told me the first day he was in Canada, he went straight from the Airport to the Gardens and has been hooked ever since. He said at the time he didn't speak English and had never watched a hockey game before that night, did not understand the game, but he knew at that point hockey was his game and the Leafs were his team.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I'm kind of perplexed why people inside of Canada are Leafs fans for decades. For me, I've watch so many Leafs games, I list it as a talent. :laugh: I'm good at it so I stick to it and hope for a different year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When Anaheim was good they always had 5pm local start time for Sunday home games. So this is nothing new for them.
Surprising during Football season

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This California swing is usually terrible for the Leafs. They git a bit of sun, probably a little bit too much fun. Might even have their rookie party on this swing. Especially given the fact they flew directly from NYI to California and they have an extra day off in between. Coming off of a win on Sunday they almost guaranteed had the green light to rip up LA at some point these last 2 days.

I think LA is not the type of team we can have heavy legs against. They completely outworked us the last time we played them. I remember last year when the boys got the green light for the Masters final round, they absolutely shit their pants against MTL the next day and it kickstarted like a 5 game losing streak.

Lets hope they have fun, but not too much fun lol. Good thing is there are no BTB in this California swing. Gotta try and get 4 pts out of these 3 games, because they'll be coming home to Kadri and the Avs....

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
10 pm games.... aaahhhh....

By the time the puck drops it is already 10:15 to 10:30 pm..

at least this time around there are no back to back against california teams and one can catch the Friday game late without have to worry about getting up early for work on Saturday and the Sunday game is at 8pm EST.

Wednesday game though.... well been a while since I called in sick for work I think Thursday is the day I get sick :laugh:

Reactions: Rocker13

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Oh boy, the dreaded California trip. Last time was just before the Covid shutdown when all three California teams were in the Pacific basement and the Leafs only managed 1 out of 6 points. Sure it was nice to beat the Bolts after that as the last game for that season. I don't have much confidence in this game.

too bad doughty is out; usually he runs his mouth before the game and gets the Leafs fired up :laugh:

is he even expected back for the game?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Quick needs to get rattled early this time. Will probably match Danault line against Matthews. I hope Bunting drives him crazy.

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
too bad doughty is out; usually he runs his mouth before the game and gets the Leafs fired up :laugh:

is he even expected back for the game?

He went down with a leg injury Oct 26th I believe, and he's expected to be out 8 weeks, which puts him back just after the Christmas break. Nope he's not in, but hey he can still run his mouth from his couch tho lol.

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Quick needs to get rattled early this time. Will probably match Danault line against Matthews. I hope Bunting drives him crazy.

I have no doubts about the matchup, can Auston behave like a big boy out there or does he wilt per usual? That's the million dollar question.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
This California swing is usually terrible for the Leafs. They git a bit of sun, probably a little bit too much fun. Might even have their rookie party on this swing. Especially given the fact they flew directly from NYI to California and they have an extra day off in between. Coming off of a win on Sunday they almost guaranteed had the green light to rip up LA at some point these last 2 days.

I think LA is not the type of team we can have heavy legs against. They completely outworked us the last time we played them. I remember last year when the boys got the green light for the Masters final round, they absolutely shit their pants against MTL the next day and it kickstarted like a 5 game losing streak.

Lets hope they have fun, but not too much fun lol. Good thing is there are no BTB in this California swing. Gotta try and get 4 pts out of these 3 games, because they'll be coming home to Kadri and the Avs....

I remember years ago the day off on a western swing and a group of them ended up getting into a scrap with some random LA dudes at a McDonald's. The most surprising thing about it was that Mike Johnson was involved, yep super clean cut Johnny. I think he may have even missed a game from something sustained in the fracas. I could be wrong about the missed game though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad