Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings - Wednesday 10pm

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
I remember years ago the day off on a western swing and a group of them ended up getting into a scrap with some random LA dudes at a McDonald's. The most surprising thing about it was that Mike Johnson was involved, yep super clean cut Johnny. I think he may have even missed a game from something sustained in the fracas. I could be wrong about the missed game though.

Those leaf teams were scrappy, if it's the year I'm thinking of lol! I remember hearing that Roberts found out Corson was plowing Mogilnys' wife, he ordered everyone out of the room, and he kicked the every lasting ish out of him...I believe that was Corsons' last ever leaf game.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Those leaf teams were scrappy, if it's the year I'm thinking of lol! I remember hearing that Roberts found out Corson was plowing Mogilnys' wife, he ordered everyone out of the room, and he kicked the every lasting ish out of him...I believe that was Corsons' last ever leaf game.
Poor Darcy stuck in the middle of that shit storm. The team or his bro in-law tough choices, Corson was a wild child back in his Hamilton days. He used to roll around town in an all done up T-top Camaro SS, pearl white with blue striping, a ground effects kit and blue hover lights and the obligatory vanity plate.

He was a heck of a scrapper when he was 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: geo25 and Rocker13

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Poor Darcy stuck in the middle of that shit storm. The team or his bro in-law tough choices, Corson was a wild child back in his Hamilton days. He used to roll around town in an all done up T-top Camaro SS, pearl white with blue striping, a ground effects kit and blue hover lights.

He was a heck of a scrapper when he was 17.

LOL never knew that about Corson, but not shocking either! My Dad was buddies with Bob Probert back in the day, and he used to tell me Bob used to smash into parked cars at the border in Windsor, so he can get his hands on cash for his coke addiction back in the day.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
too bad doughty is out; usually he runs his mouth before the game and gets the Leafs fired up :laugh:

is he even expected back for the game?

What does a fired up Leafs team look like ;)

Stoic Leafs:
https:%2F%2Feditorinleaf.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1312531712.jpeg

Fired up Leafs:
https:%2F%2Feditorinleaf.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1312531712.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Polaris1010

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Oct 25/1967, first Leafs/Kings match-up. Ron Ellis had a goal and assist in the 4-2 Leafs victory. Terry Sawchuk took the loss in goal for the Kings.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
10 pm games.... aaahhhh....

By the time the puck drops it is already 10:15 to 10:30 pm..

at least this time around there are no back to back against california teams and one can catch the Friday game late without have to worry about getting up early for work on Saturday and the Sunday game is at 8pm EST.

Wednesday game though.... well been a while since I called in sick for work I think Thursday is the day I get sick :laugh:

Not if you live in Western Canada for me its those late 7:00 -7:30 pm games and they end 10:00 - 10:30 my time. :wg:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Not if you live in Western Canada for me its those late 7:00 -7:30 pm games and they end 10:00 - 10:30 my time. :wg:

It's funny how much "late" games annoy me now. I love watching hockey at 4 PM, having the whole night after is great. I don't know why Canuck fans complain about 4 PM starts, they're great.

Reactions: Azail

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
It's funny how much "late" games annoy me now. I love watching hockey at 4 PM, having the whole night after is great. I don't know why Canuck fans complain about 4 PM starts, they're great.
I live east, but I could think of a few reasons I would dislike 4 pm starts. Mainly that's around the time many people are at or just getting off work.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I live east, but I could think of a few reasons I would dislike 4 pm starts. Mainly that's around the time many people are at or just getting off work.

Yeah that's fair. I have flexible hours so I'm able to end a little early if I want to. When I used to live in Montreal a 4 PM start would have meant I missed most weeknight games.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Wasn't there a similar story with Iafratie and Leaman? How can you do that to a person you know?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
For NFL fans, the USA Thanksgiving Thursday is a big deal, particularly as a Cowboys fan that always hoist a game on that day, even for Canadians living in the Canada as its all day football with 3 games scheduled. I make that day a personal day (holiday day off for myself).

However having Leafs play WED, FRI, and then Sunday (late game) that works out fantastically this week for a Hockey and Football fan as far as loads of sports and very little overlapping conflict. :vhappy:.

Only Leafs/Anaheim NHL and Baltimore/Cleveland NFL late Sunday games require a little creativity with PVR.

Sadly, for the NFL, the other team that traditionally plays on Thanksgiving is the Detroit Lions...YIKES! Don't know why the NFL insists on trotting them out every November. I mean, I know its tradition and all but come on! They have long since deserved to not be in that spotlight. As a matter of fact, they may be the worst run organization in NA pro sports EVER. And this is coming from a Lions fan! Seriously...they are worse than the Donald Sterling owned Clippers, the Browns, and the Bengals...and brother, that is one low bar to limbo under.

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Wasn't there a similar story with Iafratie and Leaman? How can you do that to a person you know?

Yes I read about it, I wasn't familiar with the situation until you asked. Based on what I read Lafrate walked in on his wife in bed with Leman, and then had a team-mate fight him in retalation.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
Wonder if that's just because someone's not ready to go (Kase?) or if someone is being sent down, let go? Hmmm...
it's a very sheldon keefe thing to do to bring clifford along for a game against his former team. will have to see if he plays, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
it's a very sheldon keefe thing to do to bring clifford along for a game against his former team. will have to see if he plays, but it wouldn't surprise me.
It's probably that. I don't mind it if this is the case

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
What does a fired up Leafs team look like ;)

Stoic Leafs:

Fired up Leafs:
Exactly half of them no longer with the organization. If nothing else at least the roster never gets stale. Another 1st round exit and we could be at a 70-80% turnover in just 2 seasons or we find success and gain some roster stability.
I kinda like this years version so i pray for the latter.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Well my schooling will be f***ed up for the next week, but it’s whatever leafs win and it’ll all be worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad