Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You dont need that many goals to win. You need half of them with a team committed to playing sound defensive hockey
Ok sure...Lotsa blame to go around...pick your poison as they say...honestly,for me,the third Isles goal was it (bad bounce off the glass or something)...but that's on Fred,the 10 year old kid next door coulda stopped that. Oh well,on to the next one. Looks like we won't see a full /healthy roster till after the holiday season,so plenty of finger pointing to come yet!

Reactions: Notsince67

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
:DD:DD:DD I think it's that obsession that made some of us really get down on Zach. Poor guy is overacheiving. But it shouldn't be him carrying this team like Babcock seems to think he can

I love Hyman and think he’s a great role player for this team. It’s just the fact how Babcock was talking up his return for like 2 weeks, like he’s the second coming of Gretzky made me make that image lol.

Reactions: IPS and Erdinger

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dubas never played college or major junior? And this guy has a job as the general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs? I always thought he was a fraud but never realized how accurate that particular word was. I guess I assumed he retired due to injuries? Didn’t realize he never made it out of minor hockey. :laugh:

That explains a lot.

thats right. a billion dollar franchise is run by someone who doesn't have any significant experience and on top of that trying to do that no team has ever done in the history of NHL to win the cup (just skill and nothing else); meanwhile overpaying RFAs at the same time while no other team in the League has done so ...

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
This has got to be the worst coached team in the league.

Complete lack of defensive formation, controlled zone exits, and horrible set up in offense

On top of Babcock, the assistants also suck. How do you have a shit PP with this much talent. Also the PK is a tire fire.

Fire the whole coaching staff and Dubas too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So, you know Marner and Matthews personally to know as to whether they're likable or not? They certainly seem likable in their one on one interviews. Marner interacts with the crowd, children, seen it many times live in person.

Good thing you aren't in charge, my goodness.
He’s not likeable as a Maple Leafs player.
Outside of that, I don’t know, but like most 21 yr olds he’s probably annoying.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
good comeback, you have nothing to argue my point, so you resort to that lol, talk about not understanding
Ok..this is likely the last response...I said you're pathetic,because if all you're gonna do is scan these boards for negative Hyman threads,then that ain't healthy. Just to be clear...I don't agree with Hyman as a top line (or even top 6 ) player. I doubt any other coach would use him in that role,given his other attributes,I think he is better suited in a checking role. That's it! I think top line players should have the ability to score or make plays...like Bostons top line. No unskilled guys on that line. But hey,that's just me.

Reactions: IPS

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What hurts me the most, is I don't know what the solution is. I don't think anybody needs to be fired. The team just seems to have zero heart.

But this ain't working. This team is hot garbage, we keep struggling to make it to a shootout. I haven't felt we've dominated a game in WEEKS, and this season overall has been painful to watch.

We ain't making the playoffs if this is how we want to play. Show up for one shift a game and maybe it rewards us with a goal.
Sometimes the horses are not good enough

Reactions: SoVi3t

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Ok..this is likely the last response...I said you're pathetic,because if all you're gonna do is scan these boards for negative Hyman threads,then that ain't healthy. Just to be clear...I don't agree with Hyman as a top line (or even top 6 ) player. I doubt any other coach would use him in that role,given his other attributes,I think he is better suited in a checking role. That's it! I think top line players should have the ability to score or make plays...like Bostons top line. No unskilled guys on that line. But hey,that's just me.
Do you think AJ is a top two line player? Is he more effective than Hyman? Just because AJ has more skill than Hyman doesn't make him a better hockey player.

Reactions: rubous

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Well, I got what I wanted which was the third worst save% game of the year from the Isles against the Leafs.

...only problem is that Anderson was worse.

Thats a shame.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
lol read my posts dont post lies that all I do is post about Hyman, more inaccuracies from you, figures!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Sometimes the horses are not good enough
Or maybe they aren't ridden enough. Everybody says Tippett is over rated saying he rode a hot Mike Smith in Arizona. He's smart enough to ride his top 2 players in Edmonton this year. Wonder what he could have done herecwith the Leafs offensive depth

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well, I got what I wanted which was the third worst save% game of the year from the Isles against the Leafs.

...only problem is that Anderson was worse.

Thats a shame.
If it’s not one problem it’s another and at the end of the day they lost another game to a good defensive team.

sub 500 team gonna sub 500 team

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
he simply does not get it, he thinks all skill work perfect with all skill, guess he does not watch the teams that win the cup every year!, more to a winning team than skill
Well isn't that the reason we are in this mess to begin with. Dubas' philosophy all skill all the time 24/7.:sarcasm:

Reactions: rubous

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Do you think AJ is a top two line player? Is he more effective than Hyman? Just because AJ has more skill than Hyman doesn't make him a better hockey player.
Different skill set ,obviously. Is he a top line player? Not on any team I'm coaching. If we're picking sticks out of the pile,it would depend on what I thought the team needed most ,but all things being equal I take Andreas first.

Reactions: IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad