Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I read somewhere that Aaron Rodgers says the league needs to give the packers more calls for them, as they have been cheated more times than not, I spit my coffee out!
Enough to make you weep as any NFC North fan will say. I've got tonthe point where Vikes,Bears Lions anyone but the NFL's favourite team

Reactions: rubous

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think much of what Babs says is tongue and cheek. He is purposely being Glib. What do you expect him to say this isn't what he signed up for. Get him the players to play his brand of hockey or fire him, it's that simple.
Babs "I thought we played well for a 1 armed man, imagine how we would do if Dubie got us some 2 armed men"
As everyone on these boards keeps repeating, the two philosophies are in conflict. Either Dubas goes or Babs goes .
Management is like the players.......no balls.

No I think Babcock believes it

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Can we get rid of the stack one PP crap? It sucks, change it. Let's go back to something similar to before Tavares in how we split it

One unit could have Tavares, Marner, Rielly
The other could have Matthews, Nylander, Barrie

then have guys like Kap, Johnson, Mikheyev, Hyman (yes Hyman, we need greasy goals on the pp and him at the front of the net could potentially help) fill out the units

Reactions: biotk

Resistance

Nov 10, 2019
A serious mental shakeup is needed, and again, it circles back to only one thing.. trading either Marner or Matthews. Sadly, both have become unlikable, so it's difficult to pick who to hitch the wagon to now... but one has to go

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I am holding out hope they will have a better next 20 games. If they don't Babcock is gone which can't come soon enough IMO. The team can't or won't play his style it seems.
Here is the problem, will it be too late 20 games from now?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If you're losing,it doesn't matter what has happened up to that point...you gotta SCORE...just because someone is working hard(doing their job) doesn't mean you bench your offensive weapons in order to scold them.

Sure, but as a skill player you still have to do the little things. Which at times they don't.

It's hard to score if you have trouble winning puck battles.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Did he score or something? For all of Babs 'staying the course' ...did they win? I will always complain about Babs not playing his best offensive weapons more when losing...Zach is useful,but he isn't the best option for scoring...Is he?
You dont need that many goals to win. You need half of them with a team committed to playing sound defensive hockey

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Two positives I took from this game:

It was good to see the coaching staff staying the course of the PP. Just because something stopped working ago doesn't mean you should change it.

It was good to see the coach make due on his promise of not playing Matthews as much as he did the other game. Less than 17 minutes a game seems about right to ensure he is well rested to play in the World Championship after the Leafs' miss the playoffs.
I don’t get the feeling AM is keen on playing in the WC. Willy, on the other hand, has a count down and knows exactly how many sleeps are left.

Reactions: baton elevated

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Two positives I took from this game:

It was good to see the coaching staff staying the course of the PP. Just because something stopped working ago doesn't mean you should change it.

It was good to see the coach make due on his promise of not playing Matthews as much as he did the other game. Less than 17 minutes a game seems about right to ensure he is well rested to play in the World Championship after the Leafs' miss the playoffs.

Matthews played 18:45 tonight. Agreed he should be 19-20 though like other elite stars.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
A serious mental shakeup is needed, and again, it circles back to only one thing.. trading either Marner or Matthews. Sadly, both have become unlikable,

Unlikable by who? Matthews has done nothing but put up points and goals all season long. Marner was at a point per game pace. Who gives a crap if some random Joe Blow doesn't like them?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Unlikable by who? Matthews has done nothing but put up points and goals all season long. Marner was at a point per game pace. Who gives a crap if some random Joe Blow doesn't like them?
He’s not likeable. I wouldn’t be upset if they sent him to Chicago.

Reactions: baton elevated

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
What hurts me the most, is I don't know what the solution is. I don't think anybody needs to be fired. The team just seems to have zero heart.

But this ain't working. This team is hot garbage, we keep struggling to make it to a shootout. I haven't felt we've dominated a game in WEEKS, and this season overall has been painful to watch.

We ain't making the playoffs if this is how we want to play. Show up for one shift a game and maybe it rewards us with a goal.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Matthews played 18:45 tonight. Agreed he should be 19-20 though like other elite stars.

You are right. Naturalstattrick currently has him down for 16:58, but I normally check two sources, and the other ones agree with 18:45.

Maybe NST has given up on the Leafs.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He’s not likeable. I wouldn’t be upset if they sent him to Chicago.

So, you know Marner and Matthews personally to know as to whether they're likable or not? They certainly seem likable in their one on one interviews. Marner interacts with the crowd, children, seen it many times live in person.

Good thing you aren't in charge, my goodness.

Reactions: NiftyMits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad