Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Embarrassing effort. I'm tired of always allowing the first goal of the game. Why can't the players play right from the start????

Reactions: SnizzMitch

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
PK Pairings:

Muzzin/Ceci: 4 goals against/60 (most used by far against top PPs)
Muzzin/Holl: 0 goals against/60
Ceci/Holl: 0 goals against/60

Total goals allowed: 3
54 PK minutes total

Muzzin/Rielly: 27.48 goals against/60
Ceci/Rielly: 14.9 goals against/60
Holl/Reilly: 16.55 goals against/60

Total goals allowed: 12
44 PK minutes total

Time to sub in Dermott?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Bad goaltending, bad special teams, bad efforts, lots of talent.

Same story as every other night it seems this year and most of last year (minus the goaltending).

Reactions: ElbowLander

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Yeah disappoint me all night and then just pour a metric ****ing tonne of salt in my wounds again in the last two minutes. Like clockwork

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If this weekend goes sideways, the pressure will really ramp up and Babcock will feel it.

Something has to give soon and we can’t really change personnel.

Reactions: ToMaLe

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
This team is seriously Jerry Lee. Jim Belushi’s character dog in the movie K9!

Has anybody seen that movie? Where the dog, when he wanted to be was 1 of the most vicious things in the world, but, when he was lazy...., HE WAS LAZY AF!!!

I swear to god. That is EXACTLY who this team reminds me of.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
We're not asking for the players to be coddled. We're asking the coach to use systems that play to our strengths and switch up the specialty teams.
We did switch up the special teams though. Assistant coaches essentially run special teams units. We hired two new people to run them, and they have both gotten worse. We tried inverting the PP to open up one-timers, and we've moved JT around.

This team isn't going to get anywhere without consistent effort, which they rarely give for 60 minutes. I actually have trouble thinking of a recent game where they won every period.

I'm not opposed to firing Babs, but I don't think that is going to solve this teams issues.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
giphy.gif

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
No heart, no passion, no grit and they can’t even play on special units. This is a complete joke of a team.

Serious question: Am I the only one who’s 90% sure we’re not making the playoffs this year? Because right now, they’ve won 9 games out of 20, and they play Boston friday night so it’s a sure loss. Oh and Marner is out til the new year..

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Give the Leafs credit, that they played all out for about 35 minutes of the game (insert sarcasm,).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad