Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I am a huge Denver Broncos fan, and all I hear when he says that is "we had a good week of practice". **** off. Your system is ****, and the players you have do NOT fit the mold for what you are tying to do.
If Mike only thinks they can be better, then I'd say thank him for his service and send him on his way. There are so many things wrong with how this team is playing so far this season, I don't know if its possible to fix it all in time for the season to matter.
Imagine, this team looks like they could easily miss the playoffs... amazing. How do you **** that up?
Try being a Lions fan sometime...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I posted this in the GDT out of frustration but I feel it's more appropriate for a PGT.

Players are responsible for not working hard, coach is responsible for not adapting the systems and front office is responsible for creating an atmosphere of entitlement rather than rewarding players for hard work

This!

Murphy's Law in full effect in Leafland since dubas became the GM

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Andreas Johnsson was absolutely pathetic.
He's been figure skating for some time and needs to get his head out of his ass.
The guy isn't on that line to be a pretty boy, but to be a dirty little puke retrieving the puck. Stop that stupid no-look drop pass crap.

Become a poor-man's (although better paid) Zach Hyman.
That is all.
Poor mans Zach? Meaning he gets the puck but not quite like Zach does?

Kinda misrepresented in the first pp., no?

I do believe we are starting to see some role issues beyond the obvious, though.

On all lines, and some pairings.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
here you go again Hyman played a fine game your blind hate is brutal, they have all the skilled guys on the ice on the first unit sure is working good!
Ha...Your blind love is pathetic.He isn't a threat to score.period. I don't think he did anything special tonite...just an average 4th liner effort.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is what said in the first GDT this afternoon when a poster was attempting to deke us out by insinuating their goalies were fluky and thats the only reason they win. Those bloody spreadsheets can get ya.

I have absolutely ZERO respect for posters that keep posting stats without understanding the context; I pay no attention to those posts

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Best bet was playing the 4th line all game. They didnt allow a shot.

I think they had the puck in the Islanders zone, something like 11 minutes, of the 11:20 that Gauthier was on the ice.... ok, I made that up, and am probably exaggerating... That being said, I think the forwards on that line only managed three shots on goal with all that possession... really, they should just send the puck back to the D men, and then screen and hope for rebounds. But great possession.

Reactions: Notsince67

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Ha...Your blind love is pathetic.He isn't a threat to score.period. I don't think he did anything special tonite...just an average 4th liner effort.
he hasnt played a game in 6 months!!!! wow what a horrible take! torn acl and you shit on his game wow you do not have a clue!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
They should have named Matthews Captain.

Based on the effort level I see, I disagree. If he needs the 'C' to bring it, we have a problem.
From when he first came into the league to now is night and day... not in a good way.
He still scores... but his ability to create turnovers is pretty much gone, and he is a complete liability in our defensive zone (generally speaking).

So far, the ONLY thing they got right this year was putting the C on 91.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad