Post-Game Talk: Leafs kind of try, and lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Something is rotten with this core and I can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe this is just what you get when you have players who care more about money than they do about winning
There was this play in the Chicago game. The Leafs behind in the 2nd period.

Muzzin steps up at the Chicago blueline when the play was going the other way, and strips the puck. Nylander and Johnsson were still there.

Muzzin skates a stride or two, then 15 ft inside the blueline a half slapper towards the goal, a shot on goal. He could have passed to Nylander or Johnsson who were trying to get into the play, but no.

The goalie makes the easy save and that is it, when it looked like a 3 on 2 developing. Why did Muzzin do that? He should have passed the puck, but clearly he did not want to.

Who knows.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah but . . . if Shanahan lets Dubas do his thing again and that does not work, Shanahan and Dubas will be fired together at the same time.

I think Dubas has done a far worst job than anyone in recent memory. If Shanahan fires him, then he can blame everything on Dubas and analytics while preserving himself.

If they fire the coach, then Shanahan is banking on Dubas turning things around. I do not think Shanahan is willing to do that.

In the end, do we really think Shanahan trust Dubas to make the right hockey moves? Nothing has really panned out so far with the roster.

Here's the key question. Is anyone really surprised at the performance of the team so far with the deletions and additions?

Seems to me they are where they should be.

I think Shanahan will remain patient, at least with Dubas...and I don't think Shanahan is going anywhere soon, he just got an extension...I did expect the team to better than their record by a few more wins...I'm surprised by how bad they've been, especially with special teams.

Reactions: Polaris1010

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Enough of this dad talk.

He is getting ridicuous with that shit.

Dubas and him should take a look over at the Aves.

Trouncing teams with their two of their top three players out (long term) including the captain. With both goalies the third stringer comes in and puts a 40 shot shut out iagainst the Jets. 4-0.

Now Thats a young team that is now a contender . Not using injuries, the schedule and back up goalies as excuses.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Please, taking bad point shots and staying outside the high danger areas isn't playing really well

How about getting into the greasy areas and not defending like your complete morons instead?
It's no event hockey, and Babcock wants that.

Reactions: Kiwi

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Please, taking bad point shots and staying outside the high danger areas isn't playing really well

How about getting into the greasy areas and not defending like your complete morons instead?
Staying the course ,eh Babs? That's cause you don't know what else to do!!! Jackass!

Reactions: Kiwi and Erdinger

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The Isles were a bit better. Not unexpected.

We will get better we are not far from the hottest team maybe in the league.

Everybody take a deep breath. Something good needs to happen soon to snap the team out of this funk. Would love to beat Boston Friday and then Kaskisuo steal one on Saturday.

That would go a long way to kickstarting the 2nd quarter of the season. They need to forget the first quarter and make sure the next 3 quarters are much better.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
He is getting ridicuous with that ****.

Dubas and him should take a look over at the Aves.

Trouncing teams with their two of their top three players out (long term) including the captain. With both goalies the third stringer comes in and puts a 40 shot shut out iagainst the Jets. 4-0.

Now Thats a young team that is now a contender . Not using injuries, the schedule and back up goalies as excuses.
Yeah, but they got Kadri and Kerfoot plays here.

I watched a couple of Avs games. Kadri makes you forget about Kerfoot if you're an Avs fan.

If you're a Leafs fan . . . Kerfoot . . . he's okay . . .

:dunno:

Reactions: Leafling

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Take comfort, listen to Chris (losses dont count) Johnson. The poor homer just cant bring himself to say anything even slightly negative about his leafs. If ya didnt know how tonights game went.....after listening to him talk with Stellick you would be asking .....how many goals did they trounce the islanders by? Every leaf was great, corsi numbers are probably great tonight, all going according to plan......leafs still stanley cup favorites. :pcheer:

Almost hate to tell the poor guy they lost.

They controlled play, at times, but they didn’t generate a lot of scoring chances. In the first 12 mins of the game they had jump and were getting to lose pucks but by the day of the period they only had 5 shots on goal.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

Everybody take a deep breath. Something good needs to happen soon to snap the team out of this funk. Would love to beat Boston Friday and then Kaskisuo steal one on Saturday.

That would go a long way to kickstarting the 2nd quarter of the season. They need to forget the first quarter and make sure the next 3 quarters are much better.
Something good. Babcock going would be that

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Why is it that the ice time has to come before certain players play well?

We saw in the Chicago game that Babcock will give you more ice if a certain player is "on", on a back to back no less. Tonight all of Matthews, Nylander and Tavares all underperformed and probably didn't warrant much more ice time.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018

A win by a back-up goalie sure is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad