Friedman: Leafs interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Leafs Fans, it’s not worth commenting here.

unless you’re offering Matthews + Tavares or Robertson + Sandin, everyone is going to tell you to kick rocks (but they won’t be as polite)

there is no point in trying to talk leafs trades on HF anymore. The Anti-Leafs circlejerk here is awful.

Reactions: Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just read on twitter that the Bruins, Blues, Kings, Flyers and Canucks also have interest in Bertuzzi. Would prefer if he didnt go to a divsion rival so I would expect the Bruins and Leafs to pay a premium for that if they stay in the mix

The kings are odd to me because they already got thir winger if I were the kings I'd be focused on Eichel because Kopitar is getting old

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Detroit thinking they will be in the conversation in 2-3 years ? what ? maybe 10 years but the team has the worst depth in the league, AND they play in the east. good luck Detroit....

They should aim only for high picks for at least 3-4 year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

unless you’re offering Matthews + Tavares or Robertson + Sandin, everyone is going to tell you to kick rocks (but they won’t be as polite)

there is no point in trying to talk leafs trades on HF anymore. The Anti-Leafs circlejerk here is awful.
The problem is the Leafs don't have all that much of interest for a team like Detroit.

I'd have a very hard time seeing Yzerman trade Bertuzzi to the Leafs and not getting one of Robertson/Sandin in return.
I guess the alternative is getting a really good return in terms of draft picks but Leafs are already short on picks so I doubt they'd want to give up multiple high picks.

Reactions: kinghock

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The kings are odd to me because they already got thir winger if I were the kings I'd be focused on Eichel because Kopitar is getting old

The Kings are logical. Still reportedly looking for another top 6 forward. They have Byfield and Vilardi with a few others at the pivot position coming (Turcotte, Kupari, Thomas, etc.) and Kopitar is still playing well.

Kopitar and Doughty are making $10 and $11 million respectively. No room for another $10 million cap hit on the roster.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Or retaining 4M on Marner

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Detroit thinking they will be in the conversation in 2-3 years ? what ? maybe 10 years but the team has the worst depth in the league, AND they play in the east. good luck Detroit....

They should aim only for high picks for at least 3-4 year.

Detroit has 1 of the best prospect pools, significant # of picks again this draft, guaranteed top 7 pick next year and year after and some of the most cap space in the league.

Add to that a record of actually winning and... well...

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Derrmott is a guy that as swoon as we trade him he gets top 4 mins and all HF would go hahahah you traded away a top 4 D man.

HF does this regardless of who we trade. We had Kessel "Kessel sucks ! fat lazy over rated !" gets traded to Pitts., wins a landslide poll in Kessel vs Hossa, same poll was done less than a week earlier he lost. "haha leafs are dumb, traded away Kessel, he should have won the Conn Smythe"

We had Connor Brown and were so impressed. HF " haha Connor Brown a career 4th liner, leafs fans think he's good LOL" gets traded "Connor brown the most underrated player in the game, elite 2 way"

We had Barrie "haha Barrie sucks" I agree though he does suck. Goes to Edmonton "Barrie is elite"

The list goes on. This happened with Kadri, Kapanen, Martin, Komarov etc. Everyone here is always labelled as garbage and instant star or legit player 1 second after being traded.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Detroit has 1 of the best prospect pools, significant # of picks again this draft, guaranteed top 7 pick next year and year after and some of the most cap space in the league.

Add to that a record of actually winning and... well...
1 of the best prospect pool ?

what ? you mean you have no #1 goaltender in the making, no elite winger (Raymond maybe), no elite center, and at least you have Seider.

Still need your #1 Goaltender , more top 6 wingers, #1 center, #2 center... etc. Detroit is far far away in the east.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

what ? you mean you have no #1 goaltender in the making, no elite winger (Raymond maybe), no elite center, and at least you have Seider.

Still need your #1 Goaltender , more top 6 wingers, #1 center, #2 center... etc. Detroit is far far away in the east.

As an example, THN has Detroit at #7.

Of the teams ahead of Detroit in their ranking, included teams with players already in the NHL, ie Lafereniere and Stutzle.

Yes those teams have great young players but Detroits strength is that none are in the league yet, ie true prospects.

I 100% agree with your comment regarding #1 goalie and center but disagree regarding depth.

The significant # of picks last year, this year and next year in addition to the vast amount of cap space and track record of winning are why it's pretty clear it wont be a decade before Detroit is a contender again.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Yes, Detroit has one of the best prospect pools in the league. They have Seider who most consider the top prospect in the league, and they have had a tonne of picks the last few years including high end guys like Raymond and Zadina. The Athletic ranked them 4th, behind New York and Ottawa who count Lafreniere and Stutzle as prospects at the time. EP rinkside has them third.

Raymond is the definition of an elite winger prospect though. They need a true number one center but youre not gonna consider Larkin a number 2 center lol? Do you have a clue what youre talking about?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Yes, Detroit has one of the best prospect pools in the league. They have Seider who most consider the top prospect in the league, and they have had a tonne of picks the last few years including high end guys like Raymond and Zadina. The Athletic ranked them 4th, behind New York and Ottawa who count Lafreniere and Stutzle as prospects at the time. EP rinkside has them third.

Raymond is the definition of an elite winger prospect though. They need a true number one center but youre not gonna consider Larkin a number 2 center lol? Do you have a clue what youre talking about?
No, Larking IMO is done with the Freak Benn injury, he won't come back where he was and it sucks. The hit was vicious.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Come on man, Larkin isn't "done." All reports from Red Wings staff say he's ready to go.
we will see next season, but the injury he got is one of the worst and almost lost his freaking life there, so it's a way more big deal than you think.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Seems like a guy Toronto will get and a 180 from others about his injury prone-ness.

When in reality...think Bertuzzi is the gritty, prick of a player we lack in our lineup

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Have been saying this for a while, but would absolutely love Bertuzzi on the Leafs. That being said, why would Detroit want to trade him? Hes a good player to have during a rebuild and is young enough to be a contributor when the Wing's prospects develop

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

do not interpret this as suggesting Dermott as the main piece in a deal, but he might be part of a package if something were to happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad