Speculation: Leafs interested in Granlund

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
please dubaaaaass pass, stay from this player......

I actually thought Canadians knew about hockey? Granlund is exactly the type of player Leafs need. Good at PK, good at passing and 12p in 15gp in Nashville. He is a hardworking defensive minded forward with really good hands. WTF do you need then?

Reactions: LFCTML

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I actually thought Canadians knew about hockey? Granlund is exactly the type of player Leafs need. Good at PK, good at passing and 12p in 15gp in Nashville. He is a hardworking defensive minded forward with really good hands. WTF do you need then?

He's EXACTLY what we need, and we could use a better 3rd line C

Reactions: jonlin and LFCTML

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Don't see why Nashville is letting players go before Hynes.
I actually agree with this and hynes need to go as soon as possible for a new coach to come in and see if he can turn this team around before the deadline. You can’t wait until a week or 2 before deadline and expect results. Hynes has to go as soon as possible and if poile doesn’t see that he needs to go as well

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What would you give for granlund retained and jarnkrok/sissons? If Nashville is selling and giving our young prospects a chance I could see selling jarnkrok or sissons as well

I'm honestly not sure, in a normal year I think you could get a 1st, or a conditional pick that could become a 1st.

But this year I'm not sure remember Covid didn't hit until March last year we weren't dealing wit this at last year's deadline.

I'm not sure what his value is but I do know Engvall is likely part of this deal if it happens in order to make the money work.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Honestly, it kind of has been. Below is Toronto's per 82 game paces, the bottom is full of underachievers. Granlund used to be a decent checker too, if I remember correctly, which would be great. Can he still PK?

View attachment 396889

:popcorn:
How about top5 1st passer in the league with sub 7% shot. He does passing, controlled entries and got some selke votes for playing winger some years back. Checking is close to zero.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm honestly not sure, in a normal year I think you could get a 1st, or a conditional pick that could become a 1st.

But this year I'm not sure remember Covid didn't hit until March last year we weren't dealing wit this at last year's deadline.

I'm not sure what his value is but I do know Engvall is likely part of this deal if it happens in order to make the money work.
If you needed to make the money work, why don't you guys just waive Vesey and Engvall first yourselves, then? I don't think our team wants to spend ANY extra money. Likely we'll take a deal from somebody else before taking back $$$.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
How good is Granlund at forechecking/puck-retrieval? Seems like Matthews-Marner & Tavares-Nylander duos are complemented by that type of player (i.e. Zach Hyman).

He is very good 2nd checker closing the exit, kind of meh in chasing around the goal as the 1st checker.

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
What would you give for granlund retained and jarnkrok/sissons? If Nashville is selling and giving our young prospects a chance I could see selling jarnkrok or sissons as well
Granlund retained and Jarnkrok for Kerfoot and a 1st?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Granlund retained and Jarnkrok for Kerfoot and a 1st?
Can you take Kerfoot out? Or trade him to somebody else for a 7th round pick or waive him? I don't think we want a cap dump back. Otherwise we just move those guys separately for picks. Even if we don't get a 1st.

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
Can you take Kerfoot out? Or trade him to somebody else for a 7th round pick or waive him? I don't think we want a cap dump back. Otherwise we just move those guys separately for picks. Even if we don't get a 1st.
Yeah, that was sort of my thinking - that you might be able to flip Kerfoot.
It's tough, because I realize he doesn't do much for you guys right now. But if we take Granlund (assuming we are looking to sign him beyond this season), Kerfoot is likely the odd man out. Maybe we play Kerfoot on the wing though, or even look at moving him down the road.
Would you move Granlund and Jarnkrok for a (late) 1st alone though?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, that was sort of my thinking - that you might be able to flip Kerfoot.
It's tough, because I realize he doesn't do much for you guys right now. But if we take Granlund (assuming we are looking to sign him beyond this season), Kerfoot is likely the odd man out. Maybe we play Kerfoot on the wing though, or even look at moving him down the road.
Would you move Granlund and Jarnkrok for a (late) 1st alone though?
End of the day, we'd have to gauge the market and see. If some other team will give us a 1st for Granlund, and some other team will give us a 2nd or something else we like for Jarnkrok, then of course we'd go with those instead. The odds of packaging them and getting the best deal seems slim to me. But who knows. If this year's market says we simply can't get a 1st for Granlund at all, and this package was the only way to do it... then yes, I'd ultimately package them for a 1st. As long as we don't get Kerfoot back. I don't think our team would want to take the chance of not being able to dispose of the contract.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
leafs need defence first and maybe a couple hard nosed forwards that can in the corneres and not be afraid to get their nose bloody not ice dancers...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
not quite i don't like floaters like him so please leafs stay away as we have already to many floaters, need more hard nosed players like bennet maybe..

Floater? :D You can say whatever you want about Granlund but floater? Go watch him play...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad