Speculation: Leafs interested in Granlund

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
id
If we move Granlund I want a good forward prospect as part of the deal. Our prospect pool up front is bad.
IDK how in the Leafs are on Granlund but if that is their guy then Semyon Der-Arguchintsev aka SDA is something I think you guys would like. Has looked good in camp before, fast skater, and oozes skill. Is having a nice season in the khl too.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If we move Granlund I want a good forward prospect as part of the deal. Our prospect pool up front is bad.

I haven't read the thread so forgive me if I am repeating, but I just finished reading the Athletic article about this. They said they estimate his value is somewhere around a 2nd + 3rd rounder using the Zuccarello and one other deal as examples. So I doubt the Leafs have any interest in moving a significant prospect for him.

Most likely you would get the choice of some B prospects, similar to Grundstrum, Durzi, Moore, etc that they have moved in the past.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
If you are comparing Gilmour to Bennett then I simply don't know what to tell you. If you want a player who can fight a bit, grind a bit, and otherwise not contribute much...well, ok...I guess Bennett is your man. The gap between Gilmour and Bennett is so enormous that I just can't fathom what you are getting at.
like i said same style without the #s, no comparison other wise gilmour was awesome for the leafs....

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Lol good luck with that.
haha granlund over nylander now, what have you been smoking, dude granlund has almost no value compared to nylander remember anyone couldve of had him in the off season, i just hope that dubassss passes on this player leafs have too many 3 and 4 rd liners alreladly......defence is what we need and ackholm would do the trick for sure........

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For a forward Granlund is a guy they should target.

Really good versatile add to their midd6

Reactions: Richard88

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Leafs need to keep Engvall and do their best to get rid of Kerfoot! He puts out no effort to win battles or play physical. Useless!

I feel like you've got this very backward. Kerfoot is a solid forechecker and skates his ass off. I like Engvall but he has zero physical game and isn't nearly good enough with his stick to get away with the flyby style of play.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I'd personally take Granlund over a floater like Nylander 10 out of 10 times...before his crap year in Smashville last season (where the entire team was terrible), Granlund hovered around 0.8 ppg since 2016...the talent is there, it's the "what have you done for me lately" mentality...

Lol you should take your own advice and watch the games if you think Nylander is a floater.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I haven't read the thread so forgive me if I am repeating, but I just finished reading the Athletic article about this. They said they estimate his value is somewhere around a 2nd + 3rd rounder using the Zuccarello and one other deal as examples. So I doubt the Leafs have any interest in moving a significant prospect for him.

Most likely you would get the choice of some B prospects, similar to Grundstrum, Durzi, Moore, etc that they have moved in the past.

I think a 2nd+3rd would be perfectly fair for Granny. Honestly I'd probably be fine with a bit less.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'd be interested at the cost of a 2nd and b prospect. Good playmaker from the wing and decent defensively.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
id

IDK how in the Leafs are on Granlund but if that is their guy then Semyon Der-Arguchintsev aka SDA is something I think you guys would like. Has looked good in camp before, fast skater, and oozes skill. Is having a nice season in the khl too.

You are offering SDA for a shortened, half season for a UFA Granlund?

Sure, Nashville would like that but it is the absolute $#!t-pits for Toronto.

Um, no.....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would take a 2nd and Lehtonen. Granlund has re-defined himself as a player on the Preds. I wouldn't be shocked if he's better than Nylander. He has the skills, but he also has grit. I don't know what happened after we stupidly traded Fiala for him. He had a lot of personal issues. But he is a totally different player so far this season. This is more like what the Wild fans were describing. He will make any team better.

But we're also probably going to be stingy on real $$$. So how you make that work cap-wise is going to be a factor.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would take a 2nd and Lehtonen. Granlund has re-defined himself as a player on the Preds. I wouldn't be shocked if he's better than Nylander. He has the skills, but he also has grit. I don't know what happened after we stupidly traded Fiala for him. He had a lot of personal issues. But he is a totally different player so far this season. This is more like what the Wild fans were describing. He will make any team better.

But we're also probably going to be stingy on real $$$. So how you make that work cap-wise is going to be a factor.

Well if he goes to Toronto 50% is getting retained that's almost a sure thing.

I would also bet on Engvall being part because he covers most of the remaining money, the rest of the money is covered by either trading or waiving Vesey.

So you are looking at

To Toronto

Granlund at 50%

To Nashville
Engvall
Possibly Vesey
Futures

What those futures I have no idea in the past I'd say a 1st or a pick that can turn into a 1st but with a flat cap I have no idea

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well if he goes to Toronto 50% is getting retained that's almost a sure thing.

I would also bet on Engvall being part because he covers most of the remaining money, the rest of the money is covered by either trading or waiving Vesey.

So you are looking at

To Toronto

Granlund at 50%

To Nashville
Engvall
Possibly Vesey
Futures

What those futures I have no idea in the past I'd say a 1st or a pick that can turn into a 1st but with a flat cap I have no idea
Again, I think you should just put Engvall and Vesey on waivers in such a scenario. We won't want to pay any money to them. Whether we are willing to retain on Granlund or not I guess will depend on how the trade market shapes up... a team which doesn't require retention will have a big advantage in acquiring Granlund.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Again, I think you should just put Engvall and Vesey on waivers in such a scenario. We won't want to pay any money to them. Whether we are willing to retain on Granlund or not I guess will depend on how the trade market shapes up... a team which doesn't require retention will have a big advantage in acquiring Granlund.

Most contenders will require retention

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Most contenders will require retention
Granlund will have around what, $1.5M left at the deadline? Perhaps not all teams will require retention to fit in $1.5M. If there's one who doesn't, that team is much more likely to get Granlund, that's all. Boston or Carolina, say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->