Speculation: Leafs interested in Granlund

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You add an extra body for example.

Granlund At 50% For Engvall, vesey a 2nd and a prospect.

Or you can waive Vesey it's not that hard

So you want us to retain $1,875,000, take on over $2 million in salary and only get a late 2nd and likely some shitty prospect in return? Yeah, think we would just look elsewhere.

It would be kind of funny to see Vesey end up in Nashville anyway.

Anyways...Admirals, is this your cash? The same sentiment can be said for you just signing a UFA for like 20-25 games and us paying a 2nd to rent them. Seriously, this board is brutal.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Obviously not. But if we're helping you by trading you a player you want and then you're asking to help you again retaining and/or taking a cap dump, that is going to rightfully increase what we would want in return.

I wouldn't go any higher than that for a rental this season or at least not for Granlund, not going to move the needle enough.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Granlund with 50% retained for Engvall+ 2021 2nd (turns into 1st if Granlund re-signs)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
upload_2021-2-19_13-59-59.png

For the LULZ

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Granlund has more "sand paper" than the Leafs entire Top 6 outside of Hyman...watch him play instead of watching stats...
Ok but on the flip side the entire top 6 has exponentially more talent then Granlund save for Hyman too.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Granlund has more "sand paper" than the Leafs entire Top 6 outside of Hyman...watch him play instead of watching stats...
common giver your head a shake if he was such a good player how come hes bounced around a bit and anyone couldve signed him in the off season, oh by the way he is a swede and yes hes got lots of sandpaper...just not my type of player thats all...passsss

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Granlund with 50% retained for Engvall+ 2021 2nd (turns into 1st if Granlund re-signs)
common guys, engvall and a 2nd, you are dilusional, give your head a shake, couldve had him for nothing in the off season, common now....please lock this thread up already...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Ok but on the flip side the entire top 6 has exponentially more talent then Granlund save for Hyman too.

I'd personally take Granlund over a floater like Nylander 10 out of 10 times...before his crap year in Smashville last season (where the entire team was terrible), Granlund hovered around 0.8 ppg since 2016...the talent is there, it's the "what have you done for me lately" mentality...

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Harsh lol. I never said he was an awful player or a bust. As far as I remember hes played a couple games and didnt look ready at all
He has played exactly 1 period this year. Are you thinking of someone else?

he did play 4 games in the bubble last year and scored once. He didn’t amaze but he didn’t look badly out of place either.

Reactions: Beleafer34

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i like bennet better because he can grind and fight when he has to, some what like gilmour did without the offence #s
If you are comparing Gilmour to Bennett then I simply don't know what to tell you. If you want a player who can fight a bit, grind a bit, and otherwise not contribute much...well, ok...I guess Bennett is your man. The gap between Gilmour and Bennett is so enormous that I just can't fathom what you are getting at.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
common giver your head a shake if he was such a good player how come hes bounced around a bit and anyone couldve signed him in the off season, oh by the way he is a swede and yes hes got lots of sandpaper...just not my type of player thats all...passsss

you wouldn't want to acquire him because of his nationality? Which is incorrect by the way he's finnish

Reactions: 57special

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oh by the way hes Finnish, helps if you know his nationality.

Reactions: TimeZone

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'd personally take Granlund over a floater like Nylander 10 out of 10 times...before his crap year in Smashville last season (where the entire team was terrible), Granlund hovered around 0.8 ppg since 2016...the talent is there, it's the "what have you done for me lately" mentality...

Lol good luck with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad