Speculation: Leafs interested in Granlund

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Of course the leafx are interested in...everybody.:popcorn:

If Danault doesn't sign, Granlund looks good for that role. But....we would only look at him as a long term solution..and wont happen if he wants 5 plus. Which he does.

As what he does for you, 3rd line center at best.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Of course the leafx are interested in...everybody.:popcorn:

If Danault doesn't sign, Granlund looks good for that role. But....we would only look at him as a long term solution..and wont happen if he wants 5 plus. Which he does.

As what he does for you, 3rd line center at best.

I doubt he gets 5+ million with a flat cap

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
How good is Granlund at forechecking/puck-retrieval? Seems like Matthews-Marner & Tavares-Nylander duos are complemented by that type of player (i.e. Zach Hyman).

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How good is Granlund at forechecking/puck-retrieval? Seems like Matthews-Marner & Tavares-Nylander duos are complemented by that type of player (i.e. Zach Hyman).
Our team doesn't really do forechecking or puck-retrieval. Granlund is playing with some piss and vinegar this year, trying to use his body, digging for pucks when he should be. But end of the day he's still an undersized forward and has somewhat limited success with it against bigger and stronger players. I wouldn't really be looking to him to add a lot on that front. He's more optimally a puck carrier and distributor. But one that's willing to get his nose dirty.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know what his value is, in a normal year it's probably a 1st, or at least a pick that turns into a 1st. With a flat cap a kind of doubt it.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014

i don't get what all the buzz about grandland, any team couldve of had him for free in the off season and now suppose Dubas is interested in him, common this player is not a difference maker why bother making this move, if your going to shake this team up you move one of the four, Nylander is the guy they should try and move for a defenceman thats my take, never mind tinkering with a fringe forwards, oh by the way didn't they just picked one up....hmmmm interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marner4Life

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Really hoping we add more of a physical / grinder type with some skill. We don’t need any more players like Granlund

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Really hoping we add more of a physical / grinder type with some skill. We don’t need any more players like Granlund

???

Granlund is a great PKer still, apparently. He used to be a good checker too. I'd love to add a good PKer who can defend well 5v5. Our PK is currently 19th overall and has definitely cost us games already.

Reactions: banks

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
???

Granlund is a great PKer still, apparently. He used to be a good checker too. I'd love to add a good PKer who can defend well 5v5. Our PK is currently 19th overall and has definitely cost us games already.
I didn't know he had that great a defensive game. It sounds like he's a pretty hard worker too. Checks a lot of boxes. He can move into the top-6 with talent or play 3C in a pinch. A PK upgrade is actually a smart move.

2nd in 2021 + a good B prospect at the deadline for Granlund 50% retained? Sounds about right too me.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
i don't get what all the buzz about grandland, any team couldve of had him for free in the off season and now suppose Dubas is interested in him, common this player is not a difference maker why bother making this move, if your going to shake this team up you move one of the four, Nylander is the guy they should try and move for a defenceman thats my take, never mind tinkering with a fringe forwards, oh by the way didn't they just picked one up....hmmmm interesting

12 pts in 15 games...yeah hes the problem.

Reactions: NK94 and Menzinger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't know how they'd fit him.

Even a 2nd + Engvall for Granlund at 50% doesn't quite fit the cap if we're all healthy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know how they'd fit him.

Even a 2nd + Engvall for Granlund at 50% doesn't quite fit the cap if we're all healthy.

You add an extra body for example.

Granlund At 50% For Engvall, vesey a 2nd and a prospect.

Or you can waive Vesey it's not that hard

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Granlund has really come back to Nashville in a sort of resurgent manner. During the offseason, I didn't want him brought back... but now it'll pain me to see him go b/c he's one of the few players that puts in a consistent effort and plays hard every game. Not really sure what would be needed to make things work out. Nashville can easily retain 50% to bring his caphit to $1,875,000. I personally have zero interest in Kerfoot or Engvall coming back our direction.

With Nashville's ability to retain and how Granlund is playing, I could see them getting a 1st out of someone for Granlund or a 2nd + a good prospect.

I cant see the leafs kicking over their first to upgrade their 3rd line unless it is a stud 200ft 3C, and granlund aint it
a 2nd + a good prospect (SDA/Abramov/Kral level) maybe

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
You add an extra body for example.

Granlund At 50% For Engvall, vesey a 2nd and a prospect.

Or you can waive Vesey it's not that hard

So you want us to retain $1,875,000, take on over $2 million in salary and only get a late 2nd and likely some shitty prospect in return? Yeah, think we would just look elsewhere.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So you want us to retain $1,875,000, take on over $2 million in salary and only get a late 2nd and likely some shitty prospect in return? Yeah, think we would just look elsewhere.

Hey the question was asked how you make the money work the answer is you make the deal and waive Vesey or you add Vesey to the deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad