Friedman: Leafs interested in best dman they can get, thinks Hampus Lindholm is the best fit

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
No, they need to add much more...
Sandin, a 1st, and a good prospect... i could also see them toss in Mikheyev/Engvall (they are different versions of the same player) then add salary to compensate, so, that means one of or both Mrazek/Kerfoot need to be in any package to get the salary close too
Unless the Leafs know Muzzin is going to retire, they have no chance to resign him either, so, that would be one crazy expensive rental. ...but, that's how much he'd be worth, if i'm not understating it also.
Lol

Sandin would not be included in a deal for Lindholm.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He’d be a great at. Sucks what’s going on with Amirov because he’d be a key chip in this deal. The leafs would probably need to part with Niemela and their 1st for this. The bidding war will be big.

Holl, Niemela and 1st is my offer. Not sure if that offer gets out bid or not but I don’t remember the last deadline additions that has gotten that return

Lindholm-Brodie
Rielly-Muzzin
Sandin-Lybushkin
Dermott-Lilijgren

Niemela probably represents the least of the Ducks needs. They have Drysdale on the team and Zellweger in the system, will more than meet the quota for smaller Dmen.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I see many people concerned about if said player is acquired how do we afford to resign him... Toronto a few years ago mortgaged their future I.E cap by throwing a ridiculous amount of money at Tavares and Toronto hasn't sniffed a conference or semi conference final .

Loading a team up with superstars doesn't equate to a stanley cup... Teams need specific role players whom compliment each other and chemistry along with lucky bounces and players whom perform at a higher level during the playoffs.

Trade deadline players are merely adding depth or a missing piece, and never worry about next year resigning a player whom may be a bust ..

Toronto problem has been defense and solid goaltending...

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
If I'm the Ducks, there's nothing I want that the Leafs are willing to part ways with. They aren't trading any of their core or Sandin so no.

Reactions: bsu

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
That's not really what Friedman said. Friedman said that he thought the Leafs would go after the best defenseman possible and he thought Lindholm made the most sense.

In fact, Friedman explicitly said "this is just to me".
My favorite part about this, and this is not directed at anyone in particular, but this is why people have a problem with Friedman(usually unfounded). They hear this and immediately think without listening closer that this is gospel and a legit rumor.

Reactions: Taylorst

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can we even afford Lindholm without completely gutting the farm ?

I was just going to ask...what does Toronto even offer that would entice Anaheim that still makes sense for them to do?

I mean, yeah, Lindholm would be great, but at what price? It seems to me, looking at rosters, prospects, and pick, that the Leafs can either go low (in which case others likely beat the offer) or really high (to the point it doesn't make sense for Toronto to do it).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I was just going to ask...what does Toronto even offer that would entice Anaheim that still makes sense for them to do?

I mean, yeah, Lindholm would be great, but at what price? It seems to me, looking at rosters, prospects, and pick, that the Leafs can either go low (in which case others likely beat the offer) or really high (to the point it doesn't make sense for Toronto to do it).
Toronto pieces are either too high value or too low value, I don't see a trade partner for Lindholm here without something I doubt Toronto is willing to give up honestly.

Reactions: SEALBound

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Davidson might listen on Murphy ,McCabe if they return was good,de Haan and Gustafsson will come at a reduced rate.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I won't lie, if Leafs get Lindholm or Chychrun, they'll be in business for the cup, or at the very least making it past the first round.

I've always criticized the leafs inability to do anything due to lack of serious defensive force. They missed their chance with Pietrangelo after putting all there eggs in Tavares basket. However, Lindholm might be the perfect complement to finally allow Rielly to be utilized for his strengths and not worry about his weaknesses being exploited.

EDIT: I just realized Lindholm is LD as well, nvm not going to work. Maybe conference finals they make.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
You mean the one who averages over 22 minutes per game and less then one hit per game. Also he has never had a fight in his NHL career. We have a bunch of them all ready. We need guys to clear out the front of the net in the playoffs or we will be beaten just like Montreal did to us last year!

LOL. Dude.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol

Sandin would not be included in a deal for Lindholm.

Lindholm >>>>> Sandin

Lindholm is an excellent D man, I’ve watched him a decent amount over the years being in the same division.

He honestly makes the Leafs a legit SCF contender if they get good goaltending. He’d be a huge addition to the Leafs D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad