Friedman: Leafs interested in best dman they can get, thinks Hampus Lindholm is the best fit

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
For sure. Not sure why the leafs would consider it.
I don't know that they would.
You have to pay to obtain good players, bit pieces don't accomplish much.
Nylander would move the needle and shed some cap that would go to whomever came back.

If they could figure out a package for Lindholm and Gibson, that would be of great interest to the Leafs.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Nylander would move the needle and shed some cap that would go to whomever came back.

If they could figure out a package for Lindholm and Gibson, that would be of great interest to the Leafs.

Basically it would have to be

lindholm and Gibson for
Nylander. Mrazek and whatever prospect or 1st

Nylander for Gibson is probably plus value for them. Goalies don’t get as much

Mrazek would he filler for free. He is a legit 1a 40’start goalie despite his time here. But he won’t have much value right now.

Lindholm is probably a first.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Lindholm >>>>> Sandin

Lindholm is an excellent D man, I’ve watched him a decent amount over the years being in the same division.

He honestly makes the Leafs a legit SCF contender if they get good goaltending. He’d be a huge addition to the Leafs D.
Ok? Who said Sandin is better than Lindholm?

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Lindholm and Chychrun.
we are talking about Lindholm, so, he isnt better than himself, and Chychrun isnt as good as Lindholm, only younger, and on a decent contract but, much worse defensively compared to Lindholm.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG

Nylander is on a great contract and one of the few players that really show up come playoffs. Including him in any trade makes no sense to me.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If Muzz is healthy, he and Bush would be my third pairing
Agree.
In current scenario... I see some sense in having Sandin (among other things) in a Chychrun trade and Holl (among other things) in a Hagel (or another energy winger) trade.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Hagel - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Mikhayev - Spezza - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Chychrun - Liljgren
Muzzin - Lybushkin

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
B48A8A78-9051-4368-9CA5-3AB004472AD9.jpeg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
That's not really what Friedman said. Friedman said that he thought the Leafs would go after the best defenseman possible and he thought Lindholm made the most sense.

In fact, Friedman explicitly said "this is just to me".
Yes , this makes more sense. Teams can’t openly talk about other teams players without risking discipline from the league for possible tampering sanctions.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I think that's cover for any possible LTIR shenanigans which may or may not occur. Getting the best defense upgrade would be the priority and then the Muzzin timeline falls into place.

Thing I would say about Muzzin is if his injuries are very serious and he goes the way of Weber/Price on LTIR, I could also see a Hampus Lindholm becoming a more important re-sign, if they make a big deadline acquisition for him. So the sticker shock would be lessened because they would basically ybe getting a Muzzin replacement. Just a couple of angles from a distance.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Toronto is saying one thing but doing another.

they did not have to put muzzin on LTIR. They were carrying 8 d

Reilly. Brodie
Muzz. Holl
Sandin Lilly
Derm. Lub.

they could have put muzz on IR and accrued cap. They clearly are either being incredibly dumb or are sitting muzz for the year/or regular season.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Basically it would have to be

lindholm and Gibson for
Nylander. Mrazek and whatever prospect or 1st

Nylander for Gibson is probably plus value for them. Goalies don’t get as much

Mrazek would he filler for free. He is a legit 1a 40’start goalie despite his time here. But he won’t have much value right now.

Lindholm is probably a first.

Nylander is FAR too valuable to the Leafs. His contract is looking really good and he always plays well in the playoffs. Without him our forward core gets substantially weaker.

I wouldn't give up him and a 1st for Lindholm.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Can't see Dubas giving up what it will take for Lindholm

1st for Chiarot is more of a Dubas type of move
I feel like you can get lindholm for a 1st + b+ prospect…. Lindholm is a significant upgrade from chariot …. I’d imagine the difference in cost would be well worth it

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I feel like you can get lindholm for a 1st + b+ prospect…. Lindholm is a significant upgrade from chariot …. I’d imagine the difference in cost would be well worth it
Done. Even if it cost a tad more, done. The difference between Chiarot and Lindholm is well worth the extra cost if it's a 1st for Chiarot or a 1st ++ for Lindholm.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad