Friedman: Leafs interested in best dman they can get, thinks Hampus Lindholm is the best fit

Mar 26, 2010
Not even Lindholm can save that team’s defense issues.
The D is not Toronto’s issue, it has been actually good. It is the goaltending that is bush league. Just awful, they can’t get a save.

Reactions: Stubu

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Lindholm is literally our most physical D-man. He is strong as f***.... and you're post makes it seem like you never seen him play. It literally makes no sense.

Hampus Lindholm on a better offensive team would be a Slavin clone but more physical. Not having to play with a 19 year old defensemen would also help his game. He is the definition of a 1 on 1 elite shutdown defensemen, that goes for transition and board play.

Has Lindholm said why he doesn't want to re-sign with the Ducks? As much as I love Lindholm, I have a hard time seeing him pull much more than Hall did (NJ-ARI trade) unless he comes with an extension, or at least is open to discussions. If it comes out he's dead set on testing free agency that's a big loss in value.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Has Lindholm said why he doesn't want to re-sign with the Ducks? As much as I love Lindholm, I have a hard time seeing him pull much more than Hall did (NJ-ARI trade) unless he comes with an extension, or at least is open to discussions. If it comes out he's dead set on testing free agency that's a big loss in value.
There is no actual quote from Lindholm saying he wants to test FA. It's all just speculation.

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He hasn't said a word either way.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I would LOVE Lindholm, just don't know what Anaheim would want for him provided he isn't resigning with them. But holy hell would he be an insane upgrade. Lindholm and an actual NHL goalie would change the tune about the Leafs currently. Not hopeful that they're even in the market for him though. I think he just resigns.

Reactions: gilfaizon

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Lindholm would be spectacular, he is amazing.

Which is exactly why the fit doesn't make sense because there would have to be way too many moving pieces in the offseason to fit in an extension. An expensive rental is the last thing the Leafs need to do.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Just putting it out there . Calvin De Haan is available ! He is a top 4 plays big minutes and is a great shutdown and willing to get in front of pucks and block shots... Come playoff time you need a great pair of dman to throw on the ice to shutdown your opponents

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Can’t wait for leafs fans to offer us
abruzzese + 2nd and this years cap dump
Well, if the Ducks will accept that, I'd offer it now, but the Ducks probably won't so you may be waiting a long time for an offer like that.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Lindholm would be too good of a get. If they want him restructure the team. Because I would want him long term on the Leafs.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
You mean the one who averages over 22 minutes per game and less then one hit per game. Also he has never had a fight in his NHL career. We have a bunch of them all ready. We need guys to clear out the front of the net in the playoffs or we will be beaten just like Montreal did to us last year!
Ohh man, you would never wanted a prime Hjalmarsson either, good take

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes