Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lupul is injured. Again.
lower body injury (so basically still his knee, i'm assuming)

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I wouldn't expect much the soft Hockey fans "these day" to know this but its most likely a Boxer's Fracture.

Boxer's Fracture Overview

A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hand that form the knuckles. Some doctors use the term "brawler's fracture" rather than "boxer's fracture" because a boxer is not likely to get this injury. The less well-trained brawlers have to learn how to punch without hurting themselves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Many Leafs fans wanted a neutered Hockey team. I hope those are happy with the results.

I've had this, not the 5th but the 2nd metacarpal, now my knuckle basically sticks out the palm of my hand

Painful but not too bad

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Lupul just needs to RETIRE! He is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS as a hockey player.

He can't stay healthy for 2 minutes in a row!

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
This may have been mentioned some pages back, but recent comments from Horachek mention that Kessel is also currently battling some injury issues, but he doesn't say specifically what.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This may have been mentioned some pages back, but recent comments from Horachek mention that Kessel is also currently battling some injury issues, but he doesn't say specifically what.

a broken heart with how this city is treating him :sarcasm:

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
we need a thread for when lupul is healthy. that is a far more rare occurance versus one for when he is injured.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Okay, well...shut him down and ship him out! All wounds heal with time. :handclap:

Exactly! Get him OFF this team! If an injured Kane can be traded, anyone can! :rant:

We need to move on from the Burke failed era ASAP! :rant:

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
We should just sticky a topic that says:

Is Lupul Injured? Yes. Always.

Or a Flowchart

Is today a day that ends in Y ---------->Lupul is injured
Did the sun rise in the east today?-------->Lupul is Injured

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I've had this, not the 5th but the 2nd metacarpal, now my knuckle basically sticks out the palm of my hand

Painful but not too bad

I had this as well, or still has. Think I broke something a year ago and it still feels a bit weird. First the hand got all swollen up and I could hardly use it. When it was no longer swollen I had such a lose grip for weeks I could hardly use it anyway even do the hand looked fine. Noting is sticking out btw and the grip is back to normal but it just does not feel as it use to do. Damn wall. :laugh:

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Just as well. Last night v. the Rangers it looked like he was giving Clarkson a challenge for stupidest Leaf player.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Rogers Sportsnet, Joffrey Lupul will be out of the lineup for about a week and Phil Kessel is dealing with an undisclosed injury of his own.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ssel-joffrey-lupul-cody-franson-dion-phaneuf/

In the wake of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 12th loss in their past 13 games, the team’s injury troubles have worsened.

Joffrey Lupul, the team’s oft-injured winger, will be out of the lineup for about a week, coach Peter Horachek told reporters after practice Wednesday.

And star sniper Phil Kessel, who skated on the club’s fourth line Wednesday, is dealing with an undisclosed injury of his own.

Kessel, a minus-4, skated a season-low 12:57 in the Leafs’ 5-4 loss to the New York Rangers Tuesday.

He was the first Leaf to leave the ice Wednesday and declined to address the media.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As far as Kessel goes, just about every player in the NHL right now is nursing something. I don't think I will accept that as an excuse as to why he has been **** lately.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Lupul making sure he has zero value in trade.

Seriously could Nonis job be any harder right now? Impossible to move some of these bums

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Lupul probably heard of a clearance sale on designer denim ending this week.

Phil must have overexerted himself last night and pulled some of the fat around his torso.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
At this point if they are injurted, why not just let them go on IR to heal? Were not making the playoffs anyways. We have to ramp up the tank, Buffalo and Edmonton are putting it into full gear.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to the Toronto Star, the Leafs have shut down Joffrey Lupul for a week or so to allow the winger to heal a lower body injury he suffered against Boston New Year’s eve.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/02/11/leafs-rest-ailing-lupul-as-kessel-keeps-quiet.html

The Leafs have shut down Joffrey Lupul for a week or so to allow the winger to heal a lower body injury he suffered against Boston New Year’s eve.

Phil Kessel has simply shut it down with the media.

“He’s been playing with this and it’s not 100 per cent,” Leafs coach Peter Horachek said of Lupul’s injury.

“We need to get it back to 100 per cent, so the doctors said … we’re giving him a week or maybe less, give him time to get 100 per cent. He’ll miss three games and then we’ll hopefully see major improvement.”

Lupul missed 11 games after playing Boston. He’s battled a series of injuries for much of his career.

Kessel, meanwhile, turned down media requests for a second straight day; he did not speak after Tuesday’s 5-4 loss to the Rangers, one of the more embarrassing games of his Leafs career. Kessel played just over 12 minutes, and was demoted to the fourth line during the game.

“He never likes to talk to the media,” Horachek said of Kessel.

“Everyone deals with it differently. If it becomes an issue, (Leafs PR staff) will yell at me and I’ll deal with it,” said Horachek, who emphasized that he was more concerned with Kessel’s on-ice performance.

“Everyone has to work harder, that’s what I’m most interested in, getting more consistency,” Horachek said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad