Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
Yes. Eric Staal doesn't have to fight Colton Orr. Nothing more fairer than a captain fighting a captain. Are you new?

Don't have to be a captain to defend a teammate getting a slap shot directed towards them intentionally. Are you speaking out of the wrong hole?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Phaneuf's injury will help the cause. We need to take advantage of an excellent draft year. He could still be moved for assets at the deadline or in the off season.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
He will be back Thursday March 5 against Tampa.

(Coming back for the March 3 game against Florida, the first game after the trade deadline, would just be too obvious.)

He has a good thing going in TO and wants to stay and knows what he has to do to stay.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
He will be back Thursday March 5 against Tampa.

(Coming back for the March 3 game against Florida, the first game after the trade deadline, would just be too obvious.)

He has a good thing going in TO and wants to stay and knows what he has to do to stay.

This is the reason he is the worst! Selfish jerk that's been given way to much by the Leafs and feels he's entitled. Trade him for anything as far as I'm concerned!!!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
This is the reason he is the worst! Selfish jerk that's been given way to much by the Leafs and feels he's entitled. Trade him for anything as far as I'm concerned!!!

Or, he could just be hurt.

But hey, don't let me get in your way.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I believe we played quite well the last time he was out for an extended period of time. What was it 2 or 3 years ago.

we went 5-10-3 I believe.

we've never played well without Dion in the lineup, I recall his most recent injury we had a good first game without him and then looked terrible afterwards.

our D is very young and the older guys are basically depth #4-6 guys.

Who's our best d-man without Dion, Franson? and he's not even that special.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
For his replacement don't call the Marlies. Call the JAZ Truck Driving School. We need a new driver.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
we went 5-10-3 I believe.

we've never played well without Dion in the lineup, I recall his most recent injury we had a good first game without him and then looked terrible afterwards.

our D is very young and the older guys are basically depth #4-6 guys.

Who's our best d-man without Dion, Franson? and he's not even that special.

That record would still be better than what we have seen lately. Again, people are talking like we are some great team with him or something.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
He has a good thing in TO? Are you kidding me?

The guy would be better off anywhere else in the NHL than in this toxic environment.

7 mil x 7 years, I'm sure he can wipe away his tears with $100 bills. Boo hoo! " toxic" lol!

hockeyfanz*

Don't have to be a captain to defend a teammate getting a slap shot directed towards them intentionally. Are you speaking out of the wrong hole?

You're talking out your a$$....Why would Eric Staal..a star player in the NHL fight a useless goon like Colton Orr?

Would you expect the "superstar who plays the toughest minutes..blah blah blah blah", Dion Captain Phaneuf, to fight John Scott? Of course not.

A captain fighting another captain is what hockey is and should be about. Unless you're a fan of a cowardly team.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
You're talking out your a$$....Why would Eric Staal..a star player in the NHL fight a useless goon like Colton Orr?

Would you expect the "superstar who plays the toughest minutes..blah blah blah blah", Dion Captain Phaneuf, to fight John Scott? Of course not.

A captain fighting another captain is what hockey is and should be about. Unless you're a fan of a cowardly team.

I have no issues with the staal vs phaneuf fight, old school tilt and props to staal for sticking up for his little bro. Howver it should have ended there, staal wanted to further escalate things by purposely shooting at dion,,, at that point any leaf player should have dropped him hard to the ice and no I don't care who it is or if staal isn't even wiling to fight, someon should have fed him left and rights for pulling that gutless stunt.

Tyler Biggs*

Think the Leafs are bad now wait till you see how bad they are without their best d man.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
I wouldn't expect much the soft Hockey fans "these day" to know this but its most likely a Boxer's Fracture.

Boxer's Fracture Overview

A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hand that form the knuckles. Some doctors use the term "brawler's fracture" rather than "boxer's fracture" because a boxer is not likely to get this injury. The less well-trained brawlers have to learn how to punch without hurting themselves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Many Leafs fans wanted a neutered Hockey team. I hope those are happy with the results.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
On topic: Why isn't Phaneuf put to the IR by the way? This is all starting to be very hazy is what I've been thinking.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
On topic: Why isn't Phaneuf put to the IR by the way? This is all starting to be very hazy is what I've been thinking.

Ir or ltir?to be on the ltir it has to be guaranteed he will either miss 10 games or 24 days, it could be he's only out a week... That's why I think he hasn't heen placed on ltir.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
7 mil x 7 years, I'm sure he can wipe away his tears with $100 bills. Boo hoo! " toxic" lol!

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but his salary doesn't go away just because he gets traded. His contract has absolutely no bearing on him wanting to be traded or not.

Think, people, think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad