Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Too bad for Robidas but at his age as one of the oldest Dmen in the league this is also not unexpected either.

This should be a time that Leafs are testing their youth and what they have in the pipeline anyways down the stretch as they take inventory of what they might have to work with going forward.

Its what all rebuilding teams that are going to miss the playoffs do.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
He's been pretty disappointing this year. Age and injuries are taking their toll. 2 more years left. Great contract Nonis.

He'll be a leader going into the rebuild, and i dont think we expect to be a cap team next year anyways. Were going to have alot of bad contracts coming off the books.

Still inexcusable on Nonis' part however.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He'll be a leader going into the rebuild, and i dont think we expect to be a cap team next year anyways. Were going to have alot of bad contracts coming off the books.

Still inexcusable on Nonis' part however.

The contract doesn't look as bad now that we are going into the full rebuild but back in December when we were worried about fitting Franson Santorelli and Winnik into the mix and no one really talked much about rebuilding it definitley looked dumb. Still kind of does really. Especially when you consider that we bought out Gleason so we could sign him.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The contract doesn't look as bad now that we are going into the full rebuild but back in December when we were worried about fitting Franson Santorelli and Winnik into the mix and no one really talked much about rebuilding it definitley looked dumb. Still kind of does really. Especially when you consider that we bought out Gleason so we could sign him.
Yet another stroke of genius. Thankfully we shouldn't be a cap team for a few years so that shouldn't burn anybody but MLSE's shareholders.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
As much crap as Robidad gets, he still leads the team at +8. Brewer in over him helps the tank big time.

He gets extremely sheltered minutes. In possession stats he's by far the worst D, and that's with the easiest competition and zone starts. Statistically, he was a horror show on an already bad D.

But you're right that Brewer's probably not any better.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
no robidas=more brewer

131460b2423506dd.jpg

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
He's been pretty disappointing this year. Age and injuries are taking their toll. 2 more years left. Great contract Nonis.

It is a great contract. Hard working vet, who is signed short term, doesn't make the team better for the rebuild and is great for the young players.
In fact, I'd go out and try to find 2 more like him for 2 year contracts.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Are you sure you don't want Nylander and Brown up, even for games 77-82?

Then again, I don't want that negative energy effecting, their own playoff run.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It is a great contract. Hard working vet, who is signed short term, doesn't make the team better for the rebuild and is great for the young players.
In fact, I'd go out and try to find 2 more like him for 2 year contracts.

Give me a break! When they signed him, they were not signing him thinking about any kind of rebuild. They were also prepared to hand over a long term contract to Bolland too.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Are you sure you don't want Nylander and Brown up, even for games 77-82?

Then again, I don't want that negative energy effecting, their own playoff run.

Marlies need to make the playoffs. A playoff push is more beneficial to those guys then getting destroyed in the NHL on a bad team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad