Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Of course. For you, it would probably be worth the shame and embarrassment of being so bad on the NHL stage to earn $3m after earning $50-100k or whatever.

Hopefully for Robidas, and for professionals that already have lots of money, but also have a sense of pride, it wouldn't be.

For examples, use Mats Sundin or Daniel Alfredsson. Of course those guys could have played another couple of seasons. But they chose to retire on top, because they had pride in what they did. Real men.

Robidas has career earnings of just under $30mm. If he is lacing them up for the $3mm paycheque, he is pathetic and has the wrong character. But I don't think that's the case -- I suspect he's just misguided in thinking that he can actually manage a positive impact on the team.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Robidas has career earnings of just under $30mm. If he is lacing them up for the $3mm paycheque, he is pathetic and has the wrong character..

Why? It's your decision how much money he's allowed to make? Are you his financial advisor?

I don't blame Robidas at all if he were to prolong retirement to keep collecting his cheques. He's not stealing from the organization, they're the ones who gave him the contract. This romanticized view of playing for the love of the game is naive. He can keep playing for whatever reason he likes. This is most likely the last contract of his career, to walk away from $6 mil just because you might suck is moronic. He's not having an adverse impact on the team either, his cap hit isn't crippling and at worst he's a 7th d-man who fills once in a while for the next couple of seasons.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Ugh, nothing worse than a keyboard warrior on the internet questioning somebody else's character and calling someone pathetic because of some bar graphs. Something tells me you wouldn't be so brave if you were talking to the man. These aren't cells on a spreadsheet, they're human beings who have fought tooth and nail to get to where they're at. Robidas has put in the work, the sweat, the blood, the tears, and a team was willing to offer him a contract for his services that they felt at the time he was worth. Nothing dishonorable or pathetic about playing out that contract.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't blame Robidas for wanting to keep collecting his pay cheque, I'm furious at Nonis for signing such a terrible contract. It's one of his most overlooked terrible moves during his reign of terror.

ForSpareParts*

Ugh, nothing worse than a keyboard warrior on the internet questioning somebody else's character and calling someone pathetic because of some bar graphs. Something tells me you wouldn't be so brave if you were talking to t
he man. These aren't cells on a spreadsheet, they're human beings who have fought tooth and nail to get to where they're at. Robidas has put in the work, the sweat, the blood, the tears, and a team was willing to offer him a contract for his services that they felt at the time he was worth. Nothing dishonorable or pathetic about playing out that contract.

We are not heartless here. Or are we?

:)

I remember the way Leaf fans used to talk about Hal Gill. Terrible treatment.

Let Robidas recover and see what he can do this season.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
He thinks he can still play and contribute. I have heard that retired players miss the camaraderie of the room more than anything else. He probably knows that he will miss that when he goes. And the money he earns will continue to set up any family he may have for life. Why in heaven's name would he retire early?

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Very unfortunate injury to Polak, his grit and heart are irreplaceable.

On the bright side the door is wide open for some of the younger D. I desperately want to see some of our younger guys ****ing succeed.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The reference to a Polak injury on the previous page of this thread is from March of last season. Is there more recent injury news about him? The most recent news seems to be that Robidas is cleared for on ice activity. Have I missed something else?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Can a mod change the thread title? Doesnt seem like either of them are hurt. Twitter has nothing.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Very unfortunate injury to Polak, his grit and heart are irreplaceable.

On the bright side the door is wide open for some of the younger D. I desperately want to see some of our younger guys ****ing succeed.

The reference to a Polak injury on the previous page of this thread is from March of last season. Is there more recent injury news about him? The most recent news seems to be that Robidas is cleared for on ice activity. Have I missed something else?

:laugh: I did the same friggin thing. I was like woah, when did this happen?! Let's not revive year old injury threads please.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Poo on me I was real scared for a minute there also LOL.
The news is from 2014 man. Should change the title and all.

We do need them both d-men next season, especially Polak's great presence, hard headed game and head and all. Glad they is both ok now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can a mod change the thread title? Doesnt seem like either of them are hurt. Twitter has nothing.

this is last year's thread.
when next season starts the new season's injury thread will start.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
We should be starting a Pool or a contest guessing the date closest to Lupul's first injury of the season.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
For examples, use Mats Sundin or Daniel Alfredsson. Of course those guys could have played another couple of seasons. But they chose to retire on top, because they had pride in what they did. Real men.

Robidas has career earnings of just under $30mm. If he is lacing them up for the $3mm paycheque, he is pathetic and has the wrong character. But I don't think that's the case -- I suspect he's just misguided in thinking that he can actually manage a positive impact on the team.

Alfredsson had a ruined back and Sundin preferred to spend time with family and friends rather than play another long season. Both retired for completely different reasons than what you claim.

People with pride in what they do work their ***** of to do better, not give up when it's hard. They should quit when they can no longer find any joy in what they do, preferably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad