Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Ir or ltir?to be on the ltir it has to be guaranteed he will either miss 10 games or 24 days, it could be he's only out a week... That's why I think he hasn't heen placed on ltir.
Why haven't "they" put him listed "day to day" even..? It's getting pretty hazy if you ask me. I am not asking for an IR, but something. A day to day maybe in the beginning? Why isn't something happening.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why haven't "they" put him listed "day to day" even..? It's getting pretty hazy if you ask me. I am not asking for an IR, but something. A day to day maybe in the beginning? Why isn't something happening.

How do you know things aren't happening?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
How do you know things aren't happening?
Because of everywhere I go and everywhere I look.. they are not telling him to be even "day to day". Why so? That's what' I'm asking of you here. This is getting pretty, pretty, pretty interesting is what I've been thinking.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Because of everywhere I go and everywhere I look.. they are not telling him to be even "day to day". Why so? That's what' I'm asking of you here. This is getting pretty, pretty, pretty interesting is what I've been thinking.

He's listed as "week to week", I imagine sometime in the next week or two that will change to "day to day". Not sure what's so interesting about this.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but his salary doesn't go away just because he gets traded. His contract has absolutely no bearing on him wanting to be traded or not.

Think, people, think.

Salary follows him even if he gets traded? Wow thanks Einstein.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007

what..... are you talking about? lol

Man, do not over think this. You're going to get a headache.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
I wouldn't expect much the soft Hockey fans "these day" to know this but its most likely a Boxer's Fracture.

Boxer's Fracture Overview

A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hand that form the knuckles. Some doctors use the term "brawler's fracture" rather than "boxer's fracture" because a boxer is not likely to get this injury. The less well-trained brawlers have to learn how to punch without hurting themselves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Many Leafs fans wanted a neutered Hockey team. I hope those are happy with the results.

Do you have actual proof or is this speculation?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
what..... are you talking about? lol

Man, do not over think this. You're going to get a headache.
But why isn't he put on some sort of an IR list already? Why not listed day to day even? Why not on IR or something like that.. he's just laying there right now. This is all very weird and suspisious. That's what I'm curious about.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I wouldn't expect much the soft Hockey fans "these day" to know this but its most likely a Boxer's Fracture.

Boxer's Fracture Overview

A boxer's fracture is a break through the bones of the hand that form the knuckles. Some doctors use the term "brawler's fracture" rather than "boxer's fracture" because a boxer is not likely to get this injury. The less well-trained brawlers have to learn how to punch without hurting themselves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Many Leafs fans wanted a neutered Hockey team. I hope those are happy with the results.

Yes, quickly call up Orr and McLaren to prevent the one injury a fight has called all season. That oughta help.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
But why isn't he put on some sort of an IR list already? Why not listed day to day even? Why not on IR or something like that.. he's just laying there right now. This is all very weird and suspisious. That's what I'm curious about.

Players get put on IR or LTIR when management knows how long they'll be out... it's a very common practice to have a player listed as day to day or week to week and then determine if they should put them on IR or LTIR after a while.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Players get put on IR or LTIR when management knows how long they'll be out... it's a very common practice to have a player listed as day to day or week to week and then determine if they should put them on IR or LTIR after a while.
Finally! Thanks for the answer, sir or maam'. This was very helpful. I now am no longer doubtful of any conspiracy theory behind this all. I'm still a bit puzzled they haven't put him on IR because they already know he'll be out like two weeks or even a bit more. There are others put on IR like Malkin right now even though their management don't know if he'll be back from week of this as we speak. He's on IR man. That's shady right there. I gotta get some help. I want Phaneuf on that day to day or IR right now. I gotta get some help.

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
Finally! Thanks for the answer, sir or maam'. This was very helpful. I now am no longer doubtful of any conspiracy theory behind this all. I'm still a bit puzzled they haven't put him on IR because they already know he'll be out like two weeks or even a bit more. There are others put on IR like Malkin right now even though their management don't know if he'll be back from week of this as we speak. He's on IR man. That's shady right there. I gotta get some help. I want Phaneuf on that day to day or IR right now. I gotta get some help.

I'm guessing you're thinking he's faking it?

I would assume Pitt needs the cap space to replace Malkin on the roster while Tor does not ... lots of players get injured and not put on IR because they don't need the cap relief to make it work and the more a team spends on the cap the more relief they receive if they do end up putting an injured guy on IR.

If memory serves I think Lupul was not on IR until about 2 weeks into his current injury even tho they announced he'd be out for weeks almost immediately.

Last edited:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

I'm pretty sure you're just joking around and trying to ruffle some feathers, but Malkin is on IR because the penguins know he's going to be gone for less than the required time for LTIR. Phaneuf needs at least IR, but possibly LTIR so they'll put him on IR or LTIR when they know more. They can put him on LTIR in a week and say its effective since the last game the Leafs played before the all star break.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I'm guessing you're thinking he's faking it?

I would assume Pitt needs the cap space to replace Malkin on the roster while Tor does not ... lots of players get injured and not put on IR because they don't need the cap relief to make it work and the more a team spends on the cap the more relief they receive if they do end up putting an injured guy on IR.

If memory serves I think Lupul was not on IR until about 2 weeks into his current injury even tho they announced he'd be out for weeks almost immediately.

I'm pretty sure you're just joking around and trying to ruffle some feathers, but Malkin is on IR because the penguins know he's going to be gone for less than the required time for LTIR. Phaneuf needs at least IR, but possibly LTIR so they'll put him on IR or LTIR when they know more. They can put him on LTIR in a week and say its effective since the last game the Leafs played before the all star break.
I am learning something new here and also remembering some stuff I've heard during these years... but right now I want him (phaneuf) to be at least day to day listed so I can make my own moves. Pure and simple. "They" know he's going to be out a pretty long time, so why not just put him day to day listed already? They can change that of course for whatever they want. I'm very surprised they haven't already listed him to something. I mean something would be better than nothing.

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
I am learning something new here and also remembering some stuff I've heard during these years... but right now I want him (phaneuf) to be at least day to day listed so I can make my own moves. Pure and simple. "They" know he's going to be out a pretty long time, so why not just put him day to day listed already? They can change that of course for whatever they want. I'm very surprised they haven't already listed him to something. I mean something would be better than nothing.

Lolz, apparently the Team's cap management is more important than your fantasy team.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Damn dion is hurt! This is really going to hurt the tank, I suspect we'll go on a bit of a run now.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
This is the best thing that could happen to Phaneuf, you'll see how much the team sucks without him.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
As they said on Leafs Lunch, for some people there is no win for Phaneuf in this situation. The team wins and Joe from Woodbridge thinks its because "Fahnoof" is out. They lose and Joe says they were losing already.

mikebel111*

Man now I actually want to lose 9-0 tomorrow just to silence some dion haters
We are a bad team with Dion
I expect us to be a horrific team without our best d man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad