Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Personally id like to see something around kapanen and a 1st for vatanen +

I'm sure you would.

There is no base to this rumor. Since Toronto has been under the new management, there has hardly been any rumors and they are all baseless. They don't leak anything. This rumor probably isn't true just like the rest of them, they are just saying it because Lou and Babs were at the NSH/ANA games.

I don't want to trade Kap unless huge overpayment. There's no reason to move him and then watch him put up 25-30 goals in a few years for the team we gifted him to.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Are you new? Nylander and Marner especially have been called overrated by HF since their D+1 seasons.

And as for the previous comment, no one is calling him a Selke caliber player. 20ish games is absolutely enough in my mind to see if a player is capable. He's a proven PKer based on his speed alone.
Well other people would say for someone to be a proven player you need to play at least 2 years. There have been lots of players that have had a good year and then been **** the rest of their career. It takes longer then 23 games.

AkiLumme

May 9, 2017
Ottawa
I'm sure you would.

There is no base to this rumor. Since Toronto has been under the new management, there has hardly been any rumors and they are all baseless. They don't leak anything. This rumor probably isn't true just like the rest of them, they are just saying it because Lou and Babs were at the NSH/ANA games.

I don't want to trade Kap unless huge overpayment. There's no reason to move him and then watch him put up 25-30 goals in a few years for the team we gifted him to.

I do wonder how much these rumours are really just GMs using the "hockey insiders" to drive the value up of their players. Although I'm sure there is lots of interest in Vatanen, just as there's lots of interest in Hamonic, Tanev, Barrie, Brodin, etc. High demand could be somewhat offset by higher than usual supply.

I would hate to see Kap go as well but that hole on the right side of defense is pretty glaring. RW is a position of strength for the Leafs so you gotta figure something's going to give there.

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Don't see a reason for Ducks to accept a trade for Kapanen, likely better options out there. If anything I assume Murray would ask for Nylander.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I can't imagine for a second a deal around Kapanen gets you Vatanen.

Does Anaheim really have the leverage to command more?

Why is every Leafs fan trying to get rid of Kapanen by including him in every suggested deal?

There's a difference between wanting to "get rid" of someone and knowing what your commodities are. If Toronto wants to improve without subtracting from the team, by all means what they should be looking to do, their attractive pieces are Kapanen, the 17th overall, and a **** ton of B winger prospects.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Considering there's a bidding war, I seriously doubt Kapanen + 2nd gets it done

Considering Vats is out 6 months at least and we don't know how well the rehab will go, if Kap+2nd gets "outbid", i am ok with that.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Because sometimes teams trade from positions of strength to fill positions of need. But you probably know that anyways :help: :shakehead

Don't be so sure. A few years of Jim Benning has warped the fan base into not understanding trade :laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Don't see a reason for Ducks to accept a trade for Kapanen, likely better options out there. If anything I assume Murray would ask for Nylander.

Well, if Nylander is the ask, that would be a short phone call.

Quick question, if Nylander is the ask from TO, what's the ask from other interested teams?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
When multiple teams are said to be interested? Yes, absolutely.

Doesn't mean they're stepping up with serious offers.
Every team will be circling Anaheim and Minnesota soon because they smell blood in the water and will be looking to get a good deal.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Doesn't mean they're stepping up with serious offers.
Every team will be circling Anaheim and Minnesota soon because they smell blood in the water and will be looking to get a good deal.

Getting a good deal is a far stretch from both Anaheim and Minnesota getting bent over because of the ED.

Top 4 Defensemen are coveted in the NHL. The Leafs might be in serious need of help, but they aren't the only ones.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Their best player? :laugh:

Nylander isn't even our best....but my question stands, if a 61 point rookie is the ask from TO, then i would love to hear the cost for other teams.

Because even comparing the new HF standard of Hall for Larsson. ...value wise IMO Nylander> Hall (due to age, injury history and contract) and Larsson> Vatanen....again, just my opinion.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Nylander isn't even our best....but my question stands, if a 61 point rookie is the ask from TO, then i would love to hear the cost for other teams.

I meant that the equivalent piece on most other teams would be one of their best players.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I think some of my fellow Leaf fans are seriously underrating Vatanen here, but then again I'm no expert either.

I'd take Vatanen in the blue and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad