Friedman: Leafs in on Giordano, teams also waiting on Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah. I don't really get the comparison between the two. You compare stats and Gio is way ahead in pretty much every category. And yes, he is physical and willing to drop gloves as well when required.

He is 2nd in TOI on the Kraken and is likely to play less wherever he goes.
At worse on Toronto he replaces Muzzin in the top 4 if he doesn't come back before Toronto's playoffs end. At best Muzzin comes back and you have a top 6 of Rielly - Brodie, Muzzin, Lyubushkin/Liljegren, Gio - Lyubushkin/Liljegren. Even better if you can find a way to add a legitimate top 4 RHD with some term like Zub or Severson or something while also moving out Holl's contract

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Giordano reunited with Brodie is great for Toronto. Added bonus to Toronto acquiring him.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
At worse on Toronto he replaces Muzzin in the top 4 if he doesn't come back before Toronto's playoffs end. At best Muzzin comes back and you have a top 6 of Rielly - Brodie, Muzzin, Lyubushkin/Liljegren, Gio - Lyubushkin/Liljegren. Even better if you can find a way to add a legitimate top 4 RHD with some term like Zub or Severson or something while also moving out Holl's
Sorry

Ledge And Dairy

I’m getting sick and tired of Gibson. I mean his demeanor is all over social media of him not caring. Would Toronto be open to a discussion on him? We’ve done business in the past with Andersen. And the prospects and picks always helps us in the long run. Just like our players to you. Seeing Anaheim lose last night with the faces of Lindholm and Gibson I’m done. They’ve already checked out
Barking up the wrong tree here, not a Leafs fan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If Chiarot got a 1st+, Lindholm will get numerous firsts.
Not really how these deadline deals ever work. An arguably better D in Manson only got a 2nd. Florida just saw their guy and made sure no one else got him by overpaying.

This doesn’t mean anyone is going to panic and pay double for Lindholm

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Not really how these deadline deals ever work. An arguably better D in Manson only got a 2nd. Florida just saw their guy and made sure no one else got him by overpaying.

This doesn’t mean anyone is going to panic and pay double for Lindholm
Ducks didn't only get a 2nd, I prefer Helleson to the 2nd so I don't know how you leave him out lol.

Reactions: DucksUnited

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I just canceled out the two prospects each team received in their respective trades
They aren't in the same tier imo. One is trending way up and one is plateauing recently... at least statistic wise and Helleson almost scored as many points at Smilanic as a defensemen... Helleson is known for his defense....

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I just canceled out the two prospects each team received in their respective trades

Well that seems like a flawed premise. Many would argue that the most attractive piece out of either of those returns is Helleson, and Smilanic's value shouldn't be considered anywhere close to his. At the same level the defensive D is out producing the F. Seems odd to disregard arguably the best piece in either deal and state that the Ducks only got a 2nd.

Helleson
FLA 1st 2023

COL 2nd 2023

Smilanic
FLA 4th

Reactions: Static

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Does it feel to anyone else like the dominoes are:

Chychrun <~ Lindholm <~ Giordano

…and as soon as the first is decided the other two go almost instantly?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Does it feel to anyone else like the dominoes are:

Chychrun <~ Lindholm <~ Giordano

…and as soon as the first is decided the other two go almost instantly?
Wouldnt surprise me for a couple of teams, but ones that are capped out might not be able to realistically add Chychrun. I think its moreso that the sellers are waiting for the buyers to blink. The Panthers just did, that was the first domino.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I can see the Kraken happily accepting Nick Abruzzese in return for Giordano. He formed a great partnership on a top line with Seattle 2nd overall pick Matty Beniers on the US Olympic team (where Abruzzese scored 4 points while Beniers scored 2 points.) Giordano turns 39 on Oct. 3 and his -21 shows his play has deteriorated. He can still contribute for this Playoff run on the 2nd pair and would probably love to hook up with his old partner TJ Brodie.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Call it a hunch, but I don't think Matthew Knies will be a Maple Leafs prospect in a 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad