Friedman: Leafs in on Giordano, teams also waiting on Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs should definitely trade for him and sign him to a 7 years $7m AAV NMC contract to provide long term stability for their defense.
Doubtful, he is 38 years old. Lindholm is 10 years younger so I guess that is possible though he could sign for less.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I like Giordano but quite honestly, I think they were better off with Chiarot. Oh well

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Leafs should definitely trade for him and sign him to a 7 years $7m AAV NMC contract to provide long term stability for their defense.
While this is obviously a joke... one could probably argue that signing Giordano may be much more realistic, and a better idea, than Lindholm.

He is a local, and apparently lives here in the offseason. At 38 years old, he doesn't need to hit a big contract... could theoretically be the next Spezza, and if you're thinking of moving Muzzin, might be a situation where next year's left side could be Rielly-Gio-Sandin for less than it was this year.

Reactions: teddygmr

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Lindholm as a rental is going to cost the Leafs 1st + Lili to begin. You guys cool with that?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If the best goaltender they’d be able to get would be a guy like Greiss for let’s say a 3rd or 4th, then they have to beef up the blueline and Giordano would be a great player to grab.

Ledge And Dairy

I understand if you didn't know players get worn out over the course of the playoffs. It's just not something you would be used to seeing.
Im not a Leafs fan lol, I cheer for Calgary and Tampa. So yes I have seen one of my teams make 2 back-to-back cup runs and go deep in 4 of the last 6 seasons. If you think Gio is just some old bones that will topple over any moment you have no idea what you are talking about

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I like Giordano but quite honestly, I think they were better off with Chiarot. Oh well
Manson should have been our guy, unless Dubas manages to snag Mayfield away from the Isles
with the price FLA paid I really don't want to pay that for a UFA. For Mayfield sure for a rental, no

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I love Gio but I don't want to give up anything too significant for a 38 year old D. It depends on the price for me, but no doubt right now he'd fit in like a glove on that team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Gio is far better than Chiarot in every aspect of the game except hitting. Even there Gio is still quite a physical player
Yeah. I don't really get the comparison between the two. You compare stats and Gio is way ahead in pretty much every category. And yes, he is physical and willing to drop gloves as well when required.

He is 2nd in TOI on the Kraken and is likely to play less wherever he goes.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
A 38 year old defenseman has plenty to give. He won the Norris at age 35. As long as he plays physical and puts defense first, that is the player the Leafs need.

He could also revive his pairing with Brodie, his partner when he won his Norris. That would spread out the pairings and allow everyone to play to their strengths.

I know Lindholm is in high demand but I don't believe he is the right fit for the Leafs need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad