Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Detroit | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I believe Hutch can beat the wings.

insert some cool name for Hutch

CLhutch

Buffalo will be tired when they get to game one of the Home&Home with us after just finishing a Back to Back and then a desperate and hungry Flames team Wednesday. Basically 5 games in six days for them. Andersen should play both of the Home&Home. Andersen could play all three if the skaters kept the workload down for him in the first. Under the circumstances i would think there is a possibility he might get all three.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Time to go on a streak. Speaking of streaks; Anaheim just ended the Isles 17 game point streak. Are there fans turning into HF Oilers? Where they cannot go a day without mentioning anything related to Toronto? This post is a good example.
You should have seen Twitter feed for the video where Tavares makes that speech. There were probably as many Islanders fans as Leafs fans in there, all obsessing about him.

It's like someone getting dumped. It's all great if they mock their ex and say they are over it. It's what you want. But if they are still doing that after a couple of years, they need help.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Freddy should be playing this game and then going back to back against Buffalo, need all the points we can get now.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Winning both games in Buffalo is IMPORTANT. Back to back 4 point games (8 total between Toronto and Buffalo).

It would be ballsy to play Andersen in b2b Buffalo games.

If Andersen gets injured in the second game:

(1) season over

(2) people will blame Keefe.

Of course we need ballsy moves at this stage to make the playoffs.

I'm comfortable with the idea.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Perhaps this game isn’t the best example, but the usage of the backup is one of the things I’m looking to see a change of with Keefe. Backups can play more than back to back situations, or should be able to anyway.

Freddy should be in the 55-60 game range

At least for this season, I don't see a ton of change in Freddie's starts. For the first time in a while, they have to worry about the regular season.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
I keep telling myself, they can't have many back to backs left, then there is another back to back.

Always seems the Leafs have way more games played then other teams (I'm sure there is a reason, not using as an excuse).

They need to go on a really good run, especially because of all the games in hand the other teams have.

Should be a very doable 3/3 the next 3 games, to make it a 5 game win streak.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big couple of games coming up against weaker opponents. Would be amazing to get a little bit of a run going here to make up ground.

Reactions: leafsfan5

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think Keefe should play Hutch in the first Sabres game. We are playing the team twice in less than 24 hours, it's a unique situation, give Hutch the chance to win with a fresh team in front of him and then have Freddie play in the game where both teams will be tired. At least he will be fresh in that second game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Keefe should play Hutch in the first Sabres game. We are playing the team twice in less than 24 hours, it's a unique situation, give Hutch the chance to win with a fresh team in front of him and then have Freddie play in the game where both teams will be tired. At least he will be fresh in that second game.

He is also used to earlier playing times being in the AHL for quite a while.

Playing 4PM games can throw off a goalie's routine when they are used to playing 7PM or later all of the time.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Nice to see Timashov getting another shot under Keefe. Hasn't played since Babcock was fired and hasn't played in 10 days, but he deserves to get another chance in the lineup. Started out hot with the rest of the 4th line, cooled down a bit, but he should get right back on track under Keefe.

As much as his defensive game has improved in the AHL, you need to give Timashov some chances to do something offensively. Given Keefe has allowed our 4th line some more chances to do things besides just take defensive draws and dump and chase to essentially just kill time on the clock, we may be able to see more out of our 4th line like we did earlier on in the year when they created a whole bunch of chances out of essentially no opportunity.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
One wrinkle I didn't even consider heading into the season was Spezza still able to be a 3rd line center in this league. Something to watch moving forward.

Nice to see Timo back, still think he can stick.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don’t think you can play Freddy in 3/3 because he will tire out down the stretch and play like ****

potentially costing us more points

You can play him 3/3 if you want because there are 3 days off after that.

It's not ideal but your goalie HAS to be able to play back to back.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think Andersen absolutely starts against Detroit.

Hutchinson will get the first game against Buffalo and Freddie will get the second game back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad