Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Detroit | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Start Freddy both games, ****. Crucial crucial games, these next 4-5 games. They simply have to go on a run now before things tighten up later in the year or the schedule/injuries hurt them even more. 8 teams competing for two wild card spots, majority of which have a similar or > pts% than the Leafs. It's not looking good rn and that's a fact. I'm hoping the players are not deluded enough to not realize that. They definitely do, and I hope they work their tail off right now. Not a big deal if they snooze a bit and are comfortably in a playoff pos but not the case right now.

Can you trust KK to win you a game? I guess Keefe would know best.

But that's the thing he wouldn't know best because nobody knows, just because a guy can play at the AHL level doesn't mean he can play at the NHL level if it did Sparks wouldn't be in Vegas

Reactions: Ezio Auditor

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Andersen will play Wednesday for sure, but I dunno which of the 2 weekend games he'll get. The Score app is saying we play at 5 PM AST on Friday, is that true? Bizarre time.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wings are near the bottom of the league so we should be able to comfortably win this one, particularly if we keep our effort level high.

You meant the wings right? because otherwise what. You wrote makes no sense

Mod edit: corrected Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1specter

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
No Mantha vs Detroit on Wednesday. 2 points is a must.

With points being so important right now, would it be crazy to play Andersen in all 3 games this week? Opportunity for 6 points is there and taking points from divisional opponents (especially Buffalo) is important.

I would start Kask in one game. Ideally this game against Detroit, but I don't think it will happen.

We gotta give him some games to see what he is as a goalie behind Keefe's Leafs.

No doubt we will be playing Andersen more than ever to get back in this year, though.

My gut says play the snot out of Freddy until you get into a playoff spot again, but my gut also tells me to eat stuff that I probably shouldn’t.

I would hope if you are playing your backup, it’s on Friday..on the road, let Freddy rest up for home HNC.

Agreed!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
But that's the thing he wouldn't know best because nobody knows, just because a guy can play at the AHL level doesn't mean he can play at the NHL level if it did Sparks wouldn't be in Vegas

They kind of scapegoat-ed Sparks to cover up for the substandard play that happened once 2019 rolled around. Whether it was Babcock, the team or both, he was let down more than he let the team down... I mean in 2018 he had an amazing record and a respectable save percentage for a rookie goalie (especially since they were brought down by a few particularly putrid efforts by the team in front of him).

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
No excuses what so ever here ..
We need to CRUSH those wings and make a statement
We will be well rested and well practised
We have the coach we need and want
The wings are in last place and give up a lot of chances and goals and the are horrible defensively .
They should and need to show themselves and Keaf Nation that they mean business and are serious about getting out of the mess they made so far this year
We need this win in my opinion more than any other game this year because of the circumstances and where we are in the standings
No excuses at all !

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah it's a 4pm EST start.

Start Kaskisuo that game. He's used to earlier starts than Andersen and Andersen can play for Keefe's first home game on Saturday night. Everything else is about equal. Both teams should be pretty rested for Kaskisuo's game, both of BUF's goalies are about equal in terms of quality so it's not like there is an "easier" matchup for Kaskisuo anyways, and Andersen has played a long enough stretch of games so he should get a couple of longer breaks before he has to carry us out West again.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Freddy goes against Detroit, I can almost guarantee it. At some point, more rest will be necessary. But not while the team is desperate for points, and needs the positive vibes to carry on for a while.

I think Kask gets the first of the coming b2b with Buffalo. For no other obvious reason other than doing the opposite of Babcock.

Detroit is a 1 line team, and that lineisn't on the level of Bergeron's in Boston or McDrai in Edmonton. Should be a win, no question. It's a cushy match up coming at the perfect time when we need to decimate someone.

Crows Eye

Oct 22, 2019
Agree that Keefe has to go with Andersen. Besides the fact that this team needs points, psychological momentum is a big deal right now. The team is playing with a lot more energy and fluidity, but it stills feels like that layer of confidence is pretty thin. A loss to a team like Detroit and that “here we go again” cloud falls over the team. So yeah, definitely put all your best cards on the table and play Andersen.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They kind of scapegoat-ed Sparks to cover up for the substandard play that happened once 2019 rolled around. Whether it was Babcock, the team or both, he was let down more than he let the team down... I mean in 2018 he had an amazing record and a respectable save percentage for a rookie goalie (especially since they were brought down by a few particularly putrid efforts by the team in front of him).

They didn't scapegoat him, he was garbage even in his wins, it's not the team when. your save% is under 900 most of the season that's nnot the team that's a bad goalie

There is a level of shit play that can't be blamed on the team our last 3 backups have played at that level

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
With Kerfoot out for 2 games, it would be a good excuse to play Timashov and get him going.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They didn't scapegoat him, he was garbage even in his wins, it's not the team when. your save% is under 900 most of the season that's nnot the team that's a bad goalie

There is a level of **** play that can't be blamed on the team our last 3 backups have played at that level

It's a huge reason Babcock. isn't the coach because we have ONE goalie and that's it.

That's why when I see people say they can't sign Andersen, I say they have no choice.

Woll and Scott won't likely be ready to 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad