Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Detroit | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I keep telling myself, they can't have many back to backs left, then there is another back to back.

Always seems the Leafs have way more games played then other teams (I'm sure there is a reason, not using as an excuse).

They need to go on a really good run, especially because of all the games in hand the other teams have.

Should be a very doable 3/3 the next 3 games, to make it a 5 game win streak.

Especially if Dahlin misses those games

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I keep telling myself, they can't have many back to backs left, then there is another back to back.

Always seems the Leafs have way more games played then other teams (I'm sure there is a reason, not using as an excuse).

They need to go on a really good run, especially because of all the games in hand the other teams have.

Yea we have more than anybody this year again I think.

We have 10 back to backs before new years and I think Boston only has 5. We always have a ridiculous amount.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He ate an elbow for dinner last night
He has a concussion and won't be playing this week that's a bank

Also uh, they now got montour to gake his place in the PP. He'll be doing aaaight and tight.

We uh, will crush these fools detroit red wings tomorrow and gon be like: We be gone by daylight, and they be so full of sorrow!!! :note: :music: :guitar: :sing: :star:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Its a home and Home. So buffalo is playing Two in Two also but they play lots this week and should be more prone to fatigue

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Its a home and Home. So buffalo is playing Two in Two also but they play lots this week and should be more prone to fatigue

5 games in 7 days with FLA/TBL and TOR/TOR as back to back and mix in a CAL team that is a mess and should be playing hard for a win. Make you think we should take both games.........but you know LEAFS!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Crap, just realized I'll be at the Raptor game tomorrow, rather watch this than go to that.
Poor planning having them play on the same night.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Crap, just realized I'll be at the Raptor game tomorrow, rather watch this than go to that.
Poor planning having them play on the same night.

All Good, there’s wifi inside, you can stream the leaf game and watch the raps - this is my plan anyway ;)

Woodenstiks

Jan 31, 2018
Wonder if Hutchinson gets the start against Detroit and Andersen plays friday and saturday against Buffalo.

Or Andersen plays all 3 upcoming games if they really want to get on a roll
Was thinking the same thing. Gotta think this is a possibility Buffalo is right with them in the standings. Detroit has a lot of injuries , hutch has been playing well for the Marlies this would be a make or break game for hutch and perhaps get confidence back. They need to solidify the back up goaltender position for now.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Habs losing 6-1 right now. That's 5 losses in a row for them, and Buffalo has 2 wins in their last 11 games. Light schedule ahead for the Leafs means by xmas we can be solidy in a playoff spot again.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Crazy question
Cuz I’m like the Fred Flintstone of the cyber world
I have an iPhone 8 and use it exclusively for everything , never owned a laptop or Pc

how can I regularly stream Leaf games ?
where ?
How ?

remember boys and girls take it easy on me lol
“I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate”

Thank you in advance .

Teeder

Reactions: Rogue Leader

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Matthews & Marner timelapse since Babcock firing:

matthews-marner.jpg

Screenshot_20191126-212125_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20191126-212154_Firefox.jpg

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Crazy question
Cuz I’m like the Fred Flintstone of the cyber world
I have an iPhone 8 and use it exclusively for everything , never owned a laptop or Pc

how can I regularly stream Leaf games ?
where ?
How ?

remember boys and girls take it easy on me lol
“I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate”

Thank you in advance .

Teeder
Pm me

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Take a look at where Toronto ranks relative to other teams. They are #3 controlling the share of 5v5 shots.

Shot_Share.PNG

Leafs in terms of PDO are hovering close to 100% at 5v5. Precisely, Sh% is 7.890, Sv% is 91.220 = 99.11. Take a look at teams within division.

PDO_breakdown.PNG

Leafs are generating some quality and finish. Both xGF/60 & Sh% are below league avg.

Offense.PNG

In chart below, teams are separated by division and sorted from best to worst going left to right.

The top line of each team’s dagger represents the team’s rate of generating expected goals for at 5v5. Each team’s bottom line represents the rate at which they surrender xG against.

The colour represents the difference between the two rates — blue for strongly positive differential, grey for very little difference, and red for strongly negative differential.

This gives a picture of which teams are controlling the share of xG and whether or not the team plays in games featuring lots or little xG.

xG_Daggers.PNG

I think with Keefe's new system it will drastically change the dagger chart for Toronto going forward. The additional attention towards creating offense will increase xGF stats, and the close support combined with controlled zone exits should bring down the xGA stats, thus moving Toronto closer to the top 3 in division.

Attachments

• xG_Share.PNG
    xG_Share.PNG
    169.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: OddyOh

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Now, regards to the Original 6 matchup against the Wings:

Team_stats_heatmap.PNG

I mean, this is there for the taking. No excuses not to win this. Wings are also missing Mantha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->