Pre-Game Talk: Leafs in Detroit | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Wonder if Hutchinson gets the start against Detroit and Andersen plays friday and saturday against Buffalo.

Or Andersen plays all 3 upcoming games if they really want to get on a roll

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Wonder if Hutchinson gets the start against Detroit and Andersen plays friday and saturday against Buffalo.

Or Andersen plays all 3 upcoming games if they really want to get on a roll

giphy.gif

Edit: Just read he's back up f*** my life into pieces

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Excited to see the united team continue

"I come from a background where development is a priority," said Keefe, who previously coached in the OHL and AHL, "and while performance is the priority here, continuing to develop the players is important.”
Sounds like a far less toxic environment.

Monday's team-wide work was focused on offensive-zone play and finding success off the cycle.
And again after all the arguments on this board about style, exactly what many of us have been saying we needed to get better at.
So far I think Keefe’s thoughts on the game is what I’ve been picturing. Skill, the ability to create, the ability to cycle for zone time, 5 man units, activate D, etc. Very good start.

Reactions: Economist

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I believe Hutch can beat the wings.

insert some cool name for Hutch

I mean given he's play well with the Marlies, this is the best game for him to come up and get some confidence back. The Wings are the lowest scoring team in the league.

They've also given up the most goals too so Keefe could be thinking that the Leafs might be able to outscore any subpar goaltending.

Give Andy some extra rest and play him in both games against Buffalo.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I mean given he's play well with the Marlies, this is the best game for him to come up and get some confidence back. The Wings are the lowest scoring team in the league.

They've also given up the most goals too so Keefe could be thinking that the Leafs might be able to outscore any subpar goaltending.

Winning both games in Buffalo is IMPORTANT. Back to back 4 point games (8 total between Toronto and Buffalo).

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Or play him against Detroit and choose to win

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I doubt we see that much change. Andersen likes playing in the first half of a back to back, and especially with the talent difference between our 2 goalies, playing the backup on rested days makes no sense. There is no reason that Andersen can't play 60-65 games, especially if we're in a situation where we need to play catch up. This panic about goalie starts is one of the most baffling and nonsensical trends of the last couple years.

Hopefully Keefe will consider context a little more in back-to-back situations, but beyond that, I doubt we see much change other than hopefully a better system which won't exacerbate problems in the back half games.
I think Freddy's preference gets lost a lot in this conversation. As you said, he likes playing the first game. Would tilt the decision on its own Id say.

Damn Im back to being excited again! Cant wait to see how Keefe's system gets better each game and especially with these practices

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Oh mayne.... of course andy gon play in this one. Mayne y'all better check y'allselves before y'all wreck y'allselves if y'all is thanking bout hutchison playing in an important key game like this after our great two wins and after this period of resting time. Y'all might know a lot about ice hockey, but still learning. That there the tresuth. Andy gon play, till we safe. We ain't got no other goalies and keefe just doesn't like kaskisuo's silence and all. He quiet as dirt. Hutchison has more experience so he finna fit better in the dressing room. Now I'm bout that. Keefe knows everythang :clap:

So, andersen plays and WINS. Then we gon go on from there. To vs buffalo, where Andersen starts the friday game also and then we'll decide if and especially our key guy mr. keefe decides whom plays on saturday and y'all better keep y'alls eyez open tha'ts how it gon go. Period. I know bout ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad