Rumor: Leafs have inquired about C Luke Glendening

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I wouldn't mind the acquisition if the cost is right. I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him though. I would rather give a couple of B prospects that likely will not have a future with us than part with picks.
I like the fact that he only makes 1.8 AAV, that he is 28, and not a rental we would just waste assets on for this year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Close to 60% in the dot.

Really good penalties taken vs drawn ratio

5v5 xGF% of 50.08, 2nd on the Wings.

His 5v5 CF% is at 46.31%

Also, he like never starts in the offensive zone. Close to 70% of the time he’s in the neutral zone or defensive zone

Last edited:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He's right shot centre, 57% on the draws, a pure agitator, and valuable PKer with speed. His 1.8mill for 3 more years is cheaper than Komarov and Martin, for instance.

This board is obsessed with analytic darlings and small water bugs. Supposedly Glendening is one of the better character guys in the league and was a huge favourite of Babcock. The only thing that concerns me is that Wings fans say this was the only player Babs loved more than Cleary.

I would only entertain the deal if Martin was going the other way. Some small retention on LG would be nice too.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
He's right shot centre, 57% on the draws, a pure agitator, and valuable PKer with speed. His 1.8mill for 3 more years is cheaper than Komarov and Martin, for instance.

This board is obsessed with analytic darlings and small water bugs. Supposedly Glendening is one of the better character guys in the league and was a huge favourite of Babcock. The only thing that concerns me is that Wings fans say this was the only player Babs loved more than Cleary.

I would only entertain the deal if Martin was going the other way. Some small retention on LG would be nice too.

If we end up with Luke he'll end up on the PP and he won't see a single shift on the 4th line. You can book that.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Last thing this team needs is more Babcock toys. If Lou is smart he avoids every single player Babcock wants.
tenor.gif

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Lol stop wasting time in trading for these junks go big or go home. This 4th liners and extra forwards arent going to win you poop.
I know Lou's getting old, but I do trust that he's still capable of some level of multi-tasking - You don't think he only works on one thing at a time, do you?

And you still need a 4th line, right? Why not have the best one you can have?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Don't really want him. Feel like there are going to be much better options that will present themselves if we're patient. Don't want that contract and term for a 4th liner.

If the Wings take Martin, I suppose that's fine since he is probably more useful than Martin and cheaper cap hit.

Really don't see why we would bother with him though. We don't need any more bad players. Need guys who will be a clear upgrade over what we already have in our organization.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm less worried about "plays right" and more worried about "actually good", like Martin instead of Kapanen for instance
In year 2 of Babcock working with our kids, I have 0 issue with focusing on playing right. It's way more important right now than being actually good. Nice thing is that they're not mutually exclusive, and Babcock seems to be well aware of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad