Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Habs on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
there have been other occasions one or both have gotten the day off as well, its really strange. Its not like they rotate through saying right Matthews line day off, kadris line day off etc it seems to only happen that occasionally JVR or bozak get a day off it is strange and annoying as I posted earlier that these are the last 2 leafs that deserve days off practicing

Komarov gets the odd maintenance day as well.

Whatever keeps them healthy, I guess.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Brown getting a day off is understandable, guy gets high sticked and shoved into boards all the time.

Our 2 biggest floaters, JVR and Bozo? Don't see why they need days off.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I guarantee y'all Mitch Marner wont be playing tomorrow and that's a goofy good decision. I know hockey and sports and the people. That is key. We don't need him there, yet. We have the players to take the win home tomorrow. Andersen was so real yesterday and yet our komarov kadri etc played real solid too. Polak was really pushing his thang like a pusher man yesterday already so imagine what he'll be doing tomorrow..... just wow. Already.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Based on the law of averages, we should crush them tomorrow. Unfortunately, that means nothing.

For whatever reason, they have our number.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
If Marner still isn't ready I'm fearing his injury is a bit more serious than they're letting on.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This is one of those games where you look at it and say, with the way the teams have been playing, game in Toronto, just maybe Leafs should have the edge.

The cynic in me says Habs win... by way of typical habbiness. Really hoping I am proven wrong!

Time to bust this effin slump, in a BIG way. How awesome would a blowout win be?!

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
This is one of those games where you look at it and say, with the way the teams have been playing, game in Toronto, just maybe Leafs should have the edge.

The cynic in me says Habs win... by way of typical habbiness. Really hoping I am proven wrong!

Time to bust this effin slump, in a BIG way. How awesome would a blowout win be?!

A blowout of the Habs would make me really happy but I'm cynical and skeptical about this game... It's the perfect storm for a real Leaf stinker.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
5th game in 8 nights. I would love to know the stats. Seems like most teams get steam rolled. Simply out of gas. But man would I love to see a dominant Leaf win for once. Pls no shoot out. I can't take it anymore. Toskala, Bernier, Andersen. Pls make it stop

Side note...Nylander's patience and creativity on the puck is marner 2.0. God I love watching the young guys on this team.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With the Habs offense struggling, the longer the D can stay tight and the longer Andy can shut the door the better chance they'll have at the win. Can't have the Habs score a couple early goals otherwise that'll get their momentum going. Really don't want to get into a track meet - Habs are due for an offensive outburst.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We need this one bad. It would be nice to win in regulation but I'll take a win no matter how we get it. We are going on the Western road trip. I can only see us winning against Anaheim. The other two have always been tough for us.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

I try to catch the Leafs - Habs games. We have been astonishingly unfortunate at times, the refs seem to favor them in the mathcups (they do, especially in MTL) and other times it was basically Carey would outplay our goalie.

I'm usually left shaking my head at what I had just seen.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This is a statement game for this team IMO.

I feel like it's as important as that habs game Reimer **** the bed in a few years back down the strech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad