Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Habs on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
If the Leafs had of won their last game vs the Habs in regulation they would be tied for first in the Atlantic, think about that . Does it tell us how good the Leafs have been or how bad the Habs have Been?
The Habs have been completely pedestrian since game 15.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Had to sell my tickets for this one, that pretty much gaurantees a win.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Still hard to believe that if we won 2 of 3 games against the Habs, which was entirely possible, we'd be first in the division.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Please insert Marner, keep Marchenko in, remove HYMAN

HUGE game ahead. Would love to take this one in regulation.

nah keep hyman just lower him in the lineup. Only insert marner if he is 100% why risk a star for the future to push for playoffs this year,

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
nah keep hyman just lower him in the lineup. Only insert marner if he is 100% why risk a star for the future to push for playoffs this year,

I prefer everyone - including Leivo and Sosh - over Hyman. Rather he be the one to sit out for now.

I agree on not rushing Marner back but by the sounds if it, it hasn't been bothering him for a week so my guess is he is near healthy again. More of a prayer than a demand to insert him.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Leafs have lost 14 straight to Montreal.

The all-time NHL record is 18 straight losses to a particular team (I think Boston is the winning team, the other team I can't remember)

So the leafs have 3 games left vs. the Habs to break this streak. Otherwise they set an all-time record of consecutive losses to a certain team

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I prefer everyone - including Leivo and Sosh - over Hyman. Rather he be the one to sit out for now.

I agree on not rushing Marner back but by the sounds if it, it hasn't been bothering him for a week so my guess is he is near healthy again. More of a prayer than a demand to insert him.

Babcock loves hyman, not without reason of course. There is less than 0% chance hyman comes out when marner comes back, it will be sosh. I would like to see a trade of someone (komarov?) really keep everyone else in the line up. Call up whoever Greening or laich to be 13th forward

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think the long losing streak is a bit misleading, all of the losses are 1 or 2 goal losses and most of the 2 goal losses are really 1 because of an empty netter. Statistically they should b about. 500 in this stretch but have had no luck. Also how many of those losses are overtime or shootout losses? The Habs haven't been as dominant as the record shows.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Babcock loves hyman, not without reason of course. There is less than 0% chance hyman comes out when marner comes back, it will be sosh. I would like to see a trade of someone (komarov?) really keep everyone else in the line up. Call up whoever Greening or laich to be 13th forward

I agree but Komarov is also part of our great PK. Move JVR for a D or move Bozak and slide Willy over. I bet Babs likes Komarov almost as much as he likes Hyman.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I agree but Komarov is also part of our great PK. Move JVR for a D or move Bozak and slide Willy over. I bet Babs likes Komarov almost as much as he likes Hyman.

I would love to move JVR or Bozak this deadline I just didn't want to get into an argument with the playoff loving posters

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Habs would be better off losing a bit more so they don't have to get wiped out by Columbus in round one. Hopefully their drive to the middle of the pack doesn't take a night off

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I would love to move JVR or Bozak this deadline I just didn't want to get into an argument with the playoff loving posters

Honestly moving one of those 2 guys won't hinder our playoff chances at all IMO. May actually make us better if we get a decent D back.

member 262271

I want to say the last time we beat the Habs was when JVR scored the winner and mocked Subban by tugging on the Leafs logo on his jersey. I really hope it hasn't been that long.

Either way, time to buck the trend, and for the Habitants to continue their slide! :yo:

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Enough is enough.

This streak is embarrassing. Shocking really.

Never seen anything like this.

This. Considering that Price was the determining factor in most of these wins, it really would be great to knock them down a couple of more pegs, get the W and watch the hilarity ensue in the PGT. Go Leafs!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I really dont like this...
This is why I hate the "day to day" thing. Tell us 1-2 weeks and it will be a pleasant surprise if he's back sooner.
But this is so frustrating.

Yeah the thing with shoulder injuries is that even the minor ones they are really slow to recover. A lot of moving part in that area.

OneTrueStick

Jan 16, 2017
If he's in practice with the team today...yes then I will believe that he'll be playing tomorrow but if not, then no. He'll probably get a chance to practice with the team soon though and might be in next week against the Sharks is my guess. Day to day huh? More like week to week.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I really dont like this...
This is why I hate the "day to day" thing. Tell us 1-2 weeks and it will be a pleasant surprise if he's back sooner.
But this is so frustrating.

Should have said "maybe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad