Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Habs on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
That short clip of Matthews cross-checking and bodying Leivo in the crease that Kristin Shilton posted on Twitter just now is awesome.

I know its not a fight or anything but I would love to see Matthews play like that in some of these upcoming playoff style games. Make some more space for himself with that huge frame.

Don't see a tweet with that video, can you find it and post it?

Just making this up now, JVR/Bozak/Picks to the Avs for Duchesne/Landeskog.

Avs don't even respond to that.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Don't see a tweet with that video, can you find it and post it?

Avs don't even respond to that.

Weird it seems like she deleted it...

Was just a 6 second clip of a battle in front of the net with Matthews and Leivo. I wonder why she took that down.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd love to see the Leafs end this streak and put the dagger in Habs fans hearts. It'd be full out panic mode in Montreal if they lost to us on Saturday. What makes it even better is how insufferable their fans were earlier in the year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Odd they'd be off today, didn't they have a day off on Wednesday?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Weird it seems like she deleted it...

Was just a 6 second clip of a battle in front of the net with Matthews and Leivo. I wonder why she took that down.

I saw it too. Looked like things got a little chippy, but nothing crazy. She also said Leivo gave Matthews a back slap at the end of practice. They went on vacation together during the bye so I think they're buddies. Just two guys being competitive, I liked it.

Auston's been a little quiet lately, even if he's still been getting points. Loved seeing his intensity up in practice. Needs to have a huge game against the Habs with Mitch still likely out.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I saw it too. Looked like things got a little chippy, but nothing crazy. She also said Leivo gave Matthews a back slap at the end of practice. They went on vacation together during the bye so I think they're buddies. Just two guys being competitive, I liked it.

Yeah I liked it too. I want to see Matthews use his size more like he did in that clip.

Leivo is a big guy too...

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Heh, as in the vets are really the problem right now. Babs sees it.

I don't know if its just that the vets are the problem I think its more that the vets are used to the losing. They seem to accept it more, like its a habit or its inevitable. The kids have won in their minor league teams and are just now getting a dose of leafyness (18 wheeler, collapses, disappointment, etc lol) and it doesn't sit well with them. They don't need the kick in the ass, the vets need to learn not to accept the losing.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The whole team had Wednesday off, except those that weren't playing Thursday, yes.

there have been other occasions one or both have gotten the day off as well, its really strange. Its not like they rotate through saying right Matthews line day off, kadris line day off etc it seems to only happen that occasionally JVR or bozak get a day off it is strange and annoying as I posted earlier that these are the last 2 leafs that deserve days off practicing

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
Oh you crazy hens fans always cheering for other teams
Crazy is what crazy does and i did not cheer for the habs against the nyi last night,that was a tuff one ,islander coming from the bottom and habs above,i was just cheering no tie.

'Oh you crazy hens fans' or is he calling me a hens fan,damn that be nasty.i would not even cheer for hens against the habs,i cheer for a crushing from/for both

Nice to be scoreboard watching again

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
It's not exactly perfect, but someone mentioned earlier that that the Habs and Sens still have to play each other three times this season. It makes gauging the standings a bit difficult, so we might be a bit further back than we think.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It's not exactly perfect, but someone mentioned earlier that that the Habs and Sens still have to play each other three times this season. It makes gauging the standings a bit difficult, so we might be a bit further back than we think.

They play each other like three times in 10 days or something silly.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I don't know if its just that the vets are the problem I think its more that the vets are used to the losing. They seem to accept it more, like its a habit or its inevitable. The kids have won in their minor league teams and are just now getting a dose of leafyness (18 wheeler, collapses, disappointment, etc lol) and it doesn't sit well with them. They don't need the kick in the ass, the vets need to learn not to accept the losing.

They should watch Marner a bit more then, because that guy has drive and knows how to win.

It could be good for us too because someone's gotta lose. If they each take a game in regulation they both are 1-1 in 2 GP when hopefully we could gain ground in that circumstance.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Babcock is amazing

Those are brass balls to call out the vets like that

Hopefully the vets respond

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Babcock is amazing

Is there a different comment or is the one about not being used to winning?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Babcock is amazing

would be nice, but we don't have those kind of vets. JVR doesn't know the meaning of the term effort and bozak for any effort he puts in (rare) just cant get it done. Kadri is fine he plays the "babcock" way regularly, komarov for sure needs to pick up a bit. Hunwick and Polak are limited by lack of skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino